Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Expired: [US] Amazon.com: Lloyd ZX $9.99

LegoFanTexasLegoFanTexas TexasMember Posts: 8,409
edited January 2014 in Shopping USA/Canada
This has come in and out of stock several times in the past few days, it has about 200 copies left and they are limit 2 per customer, so going slowly.

If anyone wants a copy at RRP, this is a good deal right now.

Comments

• gmpirategmpirate Member Posts: 1,654
    Thank you. Had to add a Lego "pre-release" book to get the FREE shipping. $25 minimum needs to be met.
    LloydZX
  • LegoFanTexasLegoFanTexas TexasMember Posts: 8,409
    You don't have Prime?

Fair enough, but you should try it sometime... 2 day delivery is addictive! :)
    Just curious, if you add a pre-release book to get free shipping, then cancel the pre-release item, do you keep the free shipping? Seems like that would be a gap in their system.
  • littletokilittletoki Member Posts: 519
    Thanks! I picked one up. Soon, he'll be all locked up in my display case. Muhahaha.
    LloydZX
  • baronbaron Member Posts: 106
    anyone with a .edu email address can get free prime for 6 months too!
    LloydZX
    Except for computer components I may need from time to time, I really don't have a need for faster shipping. I tried signing up for the 3% thing (don't remember if it's part of Prime) but was denied!!!

The book I was going to buy anyway for Christmas. It looked like something one of my boys would enjoy.
    LloydZX
    You can also join Amazon Mom to get it as well, I did that and got free Prime for a year for all the baby stuff we used to buy.
  • y2joshy2josh Member Posts: 2,002
    To the *.edu bit... as long as you're a student, you also get Prime for $40 a year after your free time is over (it was a full year when I started) which is well worth it from the Amazon Video On Demand service alone... never mind all the LEGO I buy there... which I'm sure has increased exponentially since I signed up for Prime.
  • AmberylAmberyl Member Posts: 193
    Prime is addictive, period. We buy many of the household things that we used to get at Target, Home Depot, Sears, etc. from Amazon, now, because it's easy and usually cheaper.
    Amen to the addiction! :)

On Thursday night my wife asked me to get her a water pot to boil water for her tea at work.

It arrived today (Saturday).

They shipped it Friday, via FedEx overnight for Saturday delivery, free with Prime.

Given a busy schedule and 3 young kids, I would have had a hard time beating that by driving over to Walmart, given that I have to carve out 30 minutes to go do that, vs. 30 seconds to "one click order" on Amazon.

We get everything, paper towels, coffee, peanut butter, computer stuff, LEGO, trash bags, etc. from Amazon. It has cut our Walmart trips in half.
  • LegobrandonCPLegobrandonCP CanadaMember Posts: 1,917
    Paper towels? Food? Household items? Wow! Grocery stores are gonna go out of business in the very near future.

I honestly had no idea Amazon sells these kind of items, let alone people actually purchasing them instead of going to Walmart.
    ^^ Curious how their prices compare to Costco?
    edited October 2012
    ^^With the exception of food, I do most of my 'everyday' shopping at Amazon. And yes, I do find that just a bit crazy.
    gmpirate said:

^^ Curious how their prices compare to Costco?

Close... CostCo is generally cheaper overall, but it is close.

Cherrios, the only cereal my kids eat, is very well priced on Amazon. It is just a touch cheaper at CostCo, but then I have to drive there and lug it home.

I used to go to CostCo every month and Walmart every week. Now it is every other month to CostCo and twice a month to Walmart.

4 Boxes of Cherrios - $11.75 delivered from Amazon, or $3 a box. This is right around the price in the stores.
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002866EWM/

50 cups of coffee - 57 cents a k-cup - lousy selection in Walmart and Costco and no cheaper
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007PA30TG/

600 Twinings English Breakfast tea-bags - 9 cents a tea bag - this is darn cheap!
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000F4F952/

44 Pullups - 44 cents each - these are cheaper in stores, but not by much, and then I have to haul a big bulky item home, this is the delivered price!
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003D7LACO/

6 1lb jars of peanut butter - this is a LOT of peanut butter, unless you have 3 young kids who eat the stuff like candy. :) - $23 delivered for 6 jars of the good stuff is reasonable. Not as cheap as CostCo, but close enough.
    http://www.amazon.com/Peanut-Butter-Co-Operator-16-Ounce/dp/B001GQ3E28/
    It's also worth noting that you can more-or-less automate the delivery of general groceries from Amazon by 'subscribing' to various products and then choosing how frequently you want them delivered.
    y2josh said:

It's also worth noting that you can more-or-less automate the delivery of general groceries from Amazon by 'subscribing' to various products and then choosing how frequently you want them delivered.

This used to be a better program, back when it was 15% off, but I think Amazon was losing too much on that. Now it is 5% off, but hey, 5% is 5%, and you can cancel any time. :) We have about 40 items in Subscribe and Save ourselves, if that tells you anything.

It also used to be Prime 2 day delivery as well, but they scaled it back to standard delivery, which is fine for me in most cases.

You can sign up to Amazon Mom for free and get 20% off some items. The diapers and pullups, formula, etc. is all a nice discount thanks to that.
  • BrickarmorBrickarmor USAMember Posts: 1,257
    Reading stuff like this really makes me wish Philip K. Dick was still alive.
  • malachirobertsonmalachirobertson Indiana, USAMember Posts: 268
    Seeing the several Lloyd ZXs available at Meijer for two weeks makes me wonder if the demand for this toy has started to bottom out.
    No need to wonder. Just need to follow EBay :)
  • legoprodslegoprods SpainMember Posts: 445

50 cups of coffee - 57 cents a k-cup - lousy selection in Walmart and Costco and no cheaper
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007PA30TG/

And we know how much coffee Lord Business needs on a daily basis.

How did I end up on this thread anyways?

Must have been that Delorean...
    :) I actually do drink between 4 to 6 cups of coffee most days, only taking a day off here and there.

It is my one true vice, as far as such things go, not the worst one I could have.