Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

[US] TRU - (speculation) shirtless Darth Maul Free Gift Nov 5th w/LEGO Star Wars purchase over $25

andystarandystar Member Posts: 275
edited October 2012 in Shopping USA/Canada
I came across the following links on TRU's website today. I don't recall previously seeing Darth Maul on the TRU website and it won't let me buy one yet, and has it listed as "Gift with Purchase".

toysrus.com/family/index.jsp?categoryId=16571966

toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=13291820&prodFindSrc=rv

Keeping my fingers crossed this turns out to be the free gift......
samiam391

Comments

• momof2boys99momof2boys99 Member Posts: 322
    Good find! My boys will be happy if I can get one. Thanks for posting!
  • cbaker1974cbaker1974 Member Posts: 150
    Sorry but a bit OT...every time I see "shirtless Darth Maul", I think I'm watching TMZ or looking at the cover of a romance novel...scandalous!
    Titus
  • samiam391samiam391 A log cabin in PA, United StatesMember Posts: 4,375
    Fantastic find @andystar. I still have yet to get one of these (somehow). Hopefully this will drop the prices a bit on eBay with a re-flooding :)
  • y2joshy2josh Member Posts: 2,002
    andystar said:

I came across the following links on TRU's website today. I don't recall previously seeing Darth Maul on the TRU website and it won't let me buy one yet, and has it listed as "Gift with Purchase".

toysrus.com/family/index.jsp?categoryId=16571966

toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=13291820&prodFindSrc=rv

Keeping my fingers crossed this turns out to be the free gift......

To that first link... is Toys R Us trying a new strategy where they sell LEGO at normal RRP, but print an inflated list price so it seems like you're getting a deal?
  • samiam391samiam391 A log cabin in PA, United StatesMember Posts: 4,375
    ^Shocker isn't it? I've never seen TRU try to sell at normal RRP before either.
  • andystarandystar Member Posts: 275
    ^^ I suspect the basic link is correct, but the detailed pricing of the sets listed are the current TRU prices and don't necessarily reflect what the prices will be when this event/sale actually occurs.
  • teal93mr2teal93mr2 USAMember Posts: 990
    I've been waiting to get one of these as well, do it TRU!
  • DeadareusDeadareus Member Posts: 264
    This was the bricktober week 3 CDN TRU promo but in CDN prices. Spend $35 get the shirtless Darth Maul. I was glad to grab one!

Hopefully the same will follow for you folks in the US.
  • WeezyCupcakeWeezyCupcake Member Posts: 91
    @samiam391 has every minifig but the Shirtless DM???? LMAO. ReallY?? I'll trade you a DM for the Comic Con Superman and I'll cover shipping. Seems far to me :-)
  • streekerstreeker FranceMember Posts: 299
    Good eye @andystar. I know you wrote 'speculation' in your title, but I'm positive that your links mean the SDM is coming very soon to a US TRU near you. Heck, that shirtless guy has already been available in

the UK
    France
    Spain
    Canada
    New Zealand

just to name a few countries.

Save the $15-$20 that you would have needlessly overpaid to a reseller.
    Hang tight, it'll get to you soon.
  • murphquakemurphquake Member Posts: 651
    @streeker, I think they showed up in some US Legoland or LDC stores, unless my mind is playin tricks on me, but that can't be right, this year Halloween doesn't fall on a weekend...
  • streekerstreeker FranceMember Posts: 299
    Your mind isn't playing tricks on you. Clicking on andystar's second link, it says, ¨Sold in stores.¨

It's just a matter of time.
  • 111ins111ins Member Posts: 265
    I tried to buy some of the sdm`s after the week of the promo was done but they told me they were not allowed to. There was no barcode in the system at TRU (Canada) and they told me they were supposed to ship the extra`s back. I offered to take them to the post office for them but they said no :(
    It will be interesting if the same is true for the Thor figures that are going to be given away next week here.
  • Zeldafanatic15Zeldafanatic15 Member Posts: 106
    Finally got a Mine set price-matched at TRU. The Wal Marts and Targets around here were out of it. The first TRU I went to was about to price match it, after the manager said ok she radioed back saying not to price match because she saw a corporate e-mail they received Sunday that the price is a mistake in the Wal-Mart ad. The lady who helped me first felt bad and made sure the manager gave me my ad back, because she was about to keep it, and the lady told me not every TRU may have seen the email. They gave me a copy of the corporate email, and it says the price is a mistake int he Walmart ad and not to price match it for anyone, even though there hasn't been any word from Walmart about it being an error.

Second TRU I went to matched it, but had to get the manager because they had to override it since the discount was more than 50%. I had to convince them that it was the same set, they didn't believe it since, according to them "It's $110 in our system" even though she had the Wal Mart ad in front of her, I had to show her the name on the box and how the pictures are the same.
    edited October 2012
    ^ Ok, its not Darth Maul related, but is TRU. Funny TRU claims the price is a Walmart mistake when I've bought them as recently as today at Walmart stores and via their online website.
  • Zeldafanatic15Zeldafanatic15 Member Posts: 106
    Wow, sorry, I posted that in the wrong thread. XD Yeah, I told them it wasn't a mistake, but oh well. But very excited if the Darth Maul promotion is true.
    edited November 2012
    This deal started today, online only.