Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

The death of the creator house?

2»

Comments

• beabea Member Posts: 227
    I enjoyed the log cabin as well. In fact, it is one of the very few sets I have more than one of.

While I'm disappointed with the size of this new set (it looks like more of an outbuilding than a house), I hope larger creator houses will come in the future. Something along the lines of the hillside house. There's still a sizable gap between that and a modular building.

When it comes to figs, I'd prefer that they'd stop including them in favour of furnishings.

• PicopiratePicopirate Member Posts: 319
    I always thought that Lego should offer furnishing sets for about $5. They could release 1-2 bedroom, living room, and kitchen sets a year. Additionally offer dining room, office, patio, and bathroom sets periodically. The creator site has some examples but official sets would be better.
    dino_girl
  • AanchirAanchir United StatesMember Posts: 2,923

I always thought that Lego should offer furnishing sets for about $5. They could release 1-2 bedroom, living room, and kitchen sets a year. Additionally offer dining room, office, patio, and bathroom sets periodically. The creator site has some examples but official sets would be better.

The Friends theme has a lot of sets along that alley, but it's possible that LEGO has found boys a lot less willing to spring for a set that didn't feel like a solid structure. Even the description you gave really suggests dollhouse-type sets to me, and while I've got no problem with that I imagine it would be an immediate turn-off for boys in LEGO's core audience.