Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

How do you display minifigs?

Comments

• SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 14,354
    ^ Donald Gennaro is the best of that display.
    560HeliportSeijiAmasawapanchox1MaffyD
  • pxchrispxchris Oregon, USAMember Posts: 1,601
    That's fantastic @legobod!
    SumoLego
  • legobodlegobod CA USAMember Posts: 317
    Gennaro was definitely the easiest of the custom figs. Really hoping to get a better face for Mr DNA one day instead of the sticker I drew on.
    SumoLegoandhe
    (I have to admit, I had no idea what the heck that thing was!)
  • pxchrispxchris Oregon, USAMember Posts: 1,601
    SumoLego said:
    (I have to admit, I had no idea what the heck that thing was!)
    I recognized it right away. I like what you did with it @legobod, but certainly a printed face would be preferable.
    andhe

obi_g560HeliportKLOKRIECHERpxchrisKungFuKennyjimmyp1982bricktuarySumoLego

Legogram560HeliportKLOKRIECHERbandit778pxchrisLegopantsFizyxvanvonfullOnebricktoomany
    Barb, poor Barb.
  • PJ76ukPJ76uk EnglandMember Posts: 613
    @gold682 looks very nice! I have Series 12 to 20 lining my staircase. Love seeing the kids pausing to admire them as they walk up and down the stairs!
  • andheandhe UKMember Posts: 3,506
    Where will you put 21?
  • gold682gold682 UKMember Posts: 252
    andhe said:
    Where will you put 21?
    Got another wall to left for another 20 series.
    andhe560HeliportCymbelineKungFuKennydpa1sonsofscevaSumoLego
  • EvilTwinEvilTwin UKMember Posts: 129
    EvilTwin said:
    Not sure if these things have been seen in this thread before. This is a little three-shelf stand I saw in my local Daiso (Japanese chain with many branches here in Malaysia that sells everything for the same price of MYR5.90- about £1.10). It just says "display stand" and the picture on the label shows toy cars but each of the shelves is exactly 20 studs wide and 4 studs deep so maybe whoever designed it had minifigures in mind. Anyway here's the shelf, its label, and a few random minifigures on it.

I just thought I'd mention that I'm returning to the UK later this month and I'm planning to bring a few of these back with me. If there's anyone in the UK who might be interested in one or two, let me know.
    andheKLOKRIECHERsid3windr
  • Switchfoot55Switchfoot55 The Northwest, USAMember Posts: 2,402
    This is what replaced the Ribba frames? (forgive me if "ribba" is incorrect)
    andhe
  • kris_naderevekris_nadereve MoscowMember Posts: 4
    edited November 2020
    Yes, it named SANNAHED and it better than RIBBA (and expencive a bit)
  • autolycusautolycus US-SEMember Posts: 997
    Different, but similar question for the crowd (I will also ask in the SW thread):

How do people display microfighters or similarly small builds? 

I've got a few in small acrylic display cases, but it's hard to fit more than 3-4 per case unless I go with a larger case that then becomes a lot of wasted height. Some sort of shadow-box style display might be more efficient, but I'm not sure if there are any good options for the typical depth of the micro fighters.

Does anybody have one of these display frames who could check to see how well micro fighters would work in it--I can't tell if it's deep enough? https://digsforfigs.com/product/minifig-display-frame-black/ 

I could use the baseball bat cases that I have my Brickheadz in, but I don't have a ton more wall space for their length, and I think they would also have a decent amount of wasted height--although I can resolve some of that by using trans pieces to have the microfighters at varying heights and overlapping a little. Still far from ideal though.
  • CommanderRaabCommanderRaab Edinburgh, ScotlandMember Posts: 655
    Yes, it named SANNAHED and it better than RIBBA (and expencive a bit)
    So are they deeper than the Ribba? As there are a few CMF that don't fit so well in Ribba
    No matching plates for them to stand on?
    Brickfan50Fizyx
  • FizyxFizyx ColoradoMember Posts: 1,158
    No. The plates they stand on are 1x2 plates, with a 1x2 tile either side, and a 1x6 tile behind them. Behind that is the white panel, with the glass panel directly in front of them. All of those are sat on a 4x6 base. On top of the two panels, in the middle of each, are 1x4 tiles with two studs at the ends, and joining the two panels at each end are 1x4 tiles.

Here's a photo:

That is a fantastic brick-built and continuously expandable display solution!
    PaperballparkCommanderRaabkhmellymel
  • PaperballparkPaperballpark Near ManchesterMember Posts: 4,133
    edited January 18
    Thanks! I also built it like that to be able to easily switch the individual modules around when adding more. I wanted a solution which would be flexible and also completely dust-free.

Slightly surprisingly, once the sides, top and bottom are on, it's quite sturdy and can be carried easily.
    FizyxCommanderRaab

Cymbeline560HeliportSwitchfoot55pxchrisLegopantsbrickventures
  • CommanderRaabCommanderRaab Edinburgh, ScotlandMember Posts: 655
    No. The plates they stand on are 1x2 plates, with a 1x2 tile either side, and a 1x6 tile behind them. Behind that is the white panel, with the glass panel directly in front of them. All of those are sat on a 4x6 base. On top of the two panels, in the middle of each, are 1x4 tiles with two studs at the ends, and joining the two panels at each end are 1x4 tiles.

Here's a photo:

very cool. it looks like there are air gaps on the side, but I assume once they are all connected it stops dust getting in? I want to go find that front glass piece now on bricklink :)
  • BavarianBricksBavarianBricks GermanyMember Posts: 1
    edited January 19
    The new IKEA frame is my crush. Good depth and it can be placed on the table.

Great background. Where did you get that? Is it possible, that I can use it too?
  • bricktuarybricktuary Krakozhia (temporarily stuck in London)Member Posts: 889
    ...and, have you Kragled the inverted slope pieces into place? They look like 2x2, correct? Do you think a 3x2 would fit into those frames?
  • PaperballparkPaperballpark Near ManchesterMember Posts: 4,133
    edited January 19

Here's a photo:

very cool. it looks like there are air gaps on the side, but I assume once they are all connected it stops dust getting in? I want to go find that front glass piece now on bricklink :)
    Yes there are gaps, but the side of the outer frame removes those gaps, so no dust can get in.
  • KungFuKennyKungFuKenny Somewhere between Ice Station Odyssey and FabulandMember Posts: 2,192
    pxchris said: 

Redbeard looks like he might need to lay off the rum and Big Macs for a bit...
    pxchrisgmonkey76CymbelineSumoLegoBumblepantsandheGothamConstructionCoReesesPieces
    Wearing the belt AROUND your coat is aggressive.
    BumblepantsSwitchfoot55KungFuKennypxchrisReesesPieces
  • Switchfoot55Switchfoot55 The Northwest, USAMember Posts: 2,402
    Who would ever need that many shot glasses? The things people collect...
    560HeliportKungFuKennyYellowcastlepxchrisMarshallmariobricktuaryandheSumoLegoAstrobricks
  • andheandhe UKMember Posts: 3,506
    The shot glasses are so you can stop your thimbles from getting dusty if you put a golf ball on top.
    Switchfoot55SumoLegoAstrobricksmak0137
  • EGRobertsEGRoberts OntarioMember Posts: 209
    The same type of person that collects minifigs but with a drinking problem =)
    MarshallmarioAndyPolGrannyLEGOGibbo1959CymbelineSumoLegoiwybsReesesPieces
  • gmonkey76gmonkey76 ChicagoMember Posts: 1,717
    I have that many. When I stop in a Harley Dealer for the first time I get a black t-shirt, and if I rode my Harley there I pick up a shot glass too. 
    KungFuKennySumoLegooldtodd33
    drdesignz said:
    Not to get too far off topic, but...
    Is that a thing?

By the looks of it, one could store a minifig in each of those shot glasses.  And prevent dust by covering the top with a Duplo brick.  (Or a Primo brick and perhaps a Quatro brick, for you old folks that remember such products...)
    pxchrisFizyxgmonkey76KungFuKenny
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 10,220
    edited May 20

drdesignz said:

Have one of those holding my CMF sets. Not wall mounted though (I really do not want to hang it in my apt)
    gmonkey76SumoLego
  • The_RancorThe_Rancor Dorset, UKMember Posts: 2,041
    EGRoberts said:
    The same type of person that collects minifigs but with a drinking problem =)
    Who says they’re mutually exclusive?
    Yellowcastle
  • drdesignzdrdesignz USMember Posts: 110
    I'd like to figure out how to display polybags...

• 40308 Lester
    • 5002127 Flashback Shredder
    • 5002943 Winter Soldier
    • 5002126 Martian Manhunter
    • 5002125 Electro
    • 5002130 Good Morning Bilbo Baggins
    • 30609 Lloyd
    • 5001622 LEGO Store Employee
    • 5000022 Hulk
    • 5004081 Plastic Man
    • 5001623 Jor-El
    • 5002946 Silver Centurion
    • 30603 Batman Classic TV Series - Mr. Freeze
    • 5002204 Western Emmet
    • 5002045 Pyjamas Emmet
    • 5002203 Radio DJ Robot
    • 5002948 C-3PO (red arm)
    • 5001621 Han Solo (Hoth)
    • 5002947 Admiral Yularen
    • 30602 First Order Stormtrooper
    • 5004406 First Order General
    • 5004408 Rebel A-wing Pilot
    • 30605 Finn (FN-2187)
    • 5002123 Darth Revan
    • 5000062 Darth Maul
    • 40268 R3-M2
    • 5001709 Clone Trooper Lieutenant
    • 5002122 TC-4
    • 5002938 Stormtrooper Sergeant
    • 2856197 Shadow ARF Trooper
    • 5000063 TC-14
    • 2853590 Chrome Stormtrooper
    • 2853835 Boba Fett (white version)
    • 4547551 Chrome Darth Vader (10 Year Anniversary)
    MarshallmarioKLOKRIECHER
  • KungFuKennyKungFuKenny Somewhere between Ice Station Odyssey and FabulandMember Posts: 2,192
    edited May 25
    @drdesignz
    I’ve looked at retail hanging display options on Amazon before..

That way you take up a small footprint but still get to see the variety of polybags...
    drdesignzFizyxpxchrisSwitchfoot55The_RancormadforLEGOgmonkey76Marshallmario
  • TheOriginalSimonBTheOriginalSimonB Felixstowe Member Posts: 1,662
    I guess you could always open them, empty out and then flatten the bags behind the glass of a regular frame.  Would at least stop all the odd reflections and light splashes caused by the bulges.
    Presuming you don't object to moth droppings.
    KungFuKennyBumblepantsobi_ggmonkey76