Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

How do you display minifigs?

Comments

• josekaleljosekalel Rio Grande Valley, TexasMember Posts: 680
    @ditchorama I think your display is the one I want to copy imitate take inspiration from. It's simple and effective and looks great. 
  • legobodlegobod CA USAMember Posts: 213
    ^ Add?!!!   :o
    MaffyD
  • LegopantsLegopants GermanyMember Posts: 1,985

Ordered a few of these in black so that Vacation Batman (and any other flipper-clad minifigs) can be displayed wearing their flippers (somebody already suggested this above - thanks to @Sethro3?).

Lego Tile Round 1 x 1 with Bar and Pin Holder

TyresOFlahertybobabrickskiki180703
  • FowlerBricksFowlerBricks USAMember Posts: 1,609
    Shib said:

After a year and and a half I've finally got on with sorting this display case.
    HOLY COW! That makes me feel like an amateur minifig collector, though I like to mess around with mine, so I don't put them in a case.
  • FowlerBricksFowlerBricks USAMember Posts: 1,609
    NickF22 said:
    Has anyone else got one of these? :
    http://amzn.eu/fF4y5mq
    Tempted to get one without baseplates, and order a load in different colours from PAB for the different series.
    I've actually bought 2 of those after I saw this comment. Here is the result:

That is quite the army(s)! How long did it take you to get all that?
  • redarmyredarmy AberdeenMember Posts: 699
    @Legopants...do you any regular series framed?
    ^ Nope - all my CMFs (with the exception of the DFB and Batman series) are currently stored in the 2 display cabinets shown below. I think they're the same cabinets as @Shib's.  

Goldchains
  • gmonkey76gmonkey76 ChicagoMember Posts: 1,438
    @Legopants the cabinet that your regular CMF is nice do you remember the brand? Thanks

@gmonkey76 - no idea as to the brand. I think they were originally available at Lidl. Got both mine off eBay though - the first one about 3 years ago and the second last year. Sadly no longer available over here.

Maybe @Shib knows the brand?

gmonkey76
  • ShibShib UKMember Posts: 5,186
    @gmonkey76 @Legopants
    a quick google reminded me it was Livarno- I think they show up in Lidl every couple of years (or something similar at least)
    Legopantsgmonkey76stluxkiki180703
    @Shib - Ah, yes. Livarno rings a bell.
  • FauchFauch FranceMember Posts: 2,281
    redarmy said:
    @Legopants...do you any regular series framed?
    gmonkey76 said:
    @Legopants the cabinet that your regular CMF is nice do you remember the brand? Thanks
    I accidentaly a coca-cola bottle
  • FrequencyFrequency Member Posts: 68
    I have them displayed on a table, by wave, two deep. I'm running out of space though, Series 17 will take up the last of the table top. 
    SumoLego
  • stluxstlux LuxembourgMember Posts: 2,179
    Not in a position to properly display my minifigs yet; that will have to wait for my dedicated Lego room next year. (Thanks for all the inspiration in this thread though!)

So using the #853638 TLBM frame to tidy me over:

I added a 2x3 plate to accommodate Orca. I only had spares of part 20482 in pearl gold, so used those to display Vacation Batman with his flippers on. The trans-clear version seems mostly used in themes I don't collect, so will need to order some from BL.
    bandit778LegopantsGothamConstructionCokiki180703
  • CommanderJigglypuffCommanderJigglypuff NetherlandsMember Posts: 63
    NickF22 said:
    Has anyone else got one of these? :
    http://amzn.eu/fF4y5mq
    Tempted to get one without baseplates, and order a load in different colours from PAB for the different series.
    I've actually bought 2 of those after I saw this comment. Here is the result:
    That is quite the army(s)! How long did it take you to get all that?
    Sorry for the late response, but it took me a few weeks. I got the idea of making something like this and NEEDED to have them all at once haha. Luckily I had the funds to buy most of the figs all at once so it didn't took me that long. 
    I wanted to get those in trans-clear instead of the pearl gold I'm currently using to enable the figs to wear their flippers, but black looks good too!

And it's Batman, so black is *always* the correct colour choice...
    LegopantsSumoLegoricecakeIceCreamClonesid3windrkiki180703
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 11,853
    (Or very, very dark gray.)
    stluxCommanderRaabmadforLEGOgmonkey76kiki180703
    Fair enough, but that's not a colour option for part 20482 ;)
    So black it is; BL wanted list updated!
  • TheFewTheFew EnglandMember Posts: 1,465
    Legopants said:

Finally received the parts required to solve the problem of displaying Vacation Batman wearing his flippers. Gonna apply the same technique to the Series 1 Deep Sea Diver in just a tick :-)

Buy the Saturn V and you get one of these in black and one in white as spares.
    snowhitie
  • andheandhe UKMember Posts: 2,731
    edited June 2017
    TheFew said:

Buy the Saturn V and you get one of these in black and one in white as spares.
    Seems an expensive way to get spares :-) 

Found these on flickr. NOT MINE but a great presentation of the Architecture sets and some others in IKEA Kasseby frames

https://flic.kr/p/DEyRM9
    MaffyD
  • PhonegalPhonegal Bagram, AfghanistanMember Posts: 22
    Flickr link took me to a lot of cool movie poster minifigure mocs, but didn't see the framed sets.
    SumoLegoandhe
  • CommanderRaabCommanderRaab Edinburgh, ScotlandMember Posts: 608
    ^wow!

I wish they did those in black
  • samiam391samiam391 A Log Cabin in KY, United StatesMember Posts: 4,253
    I wish they did those in black
    Batman? Is that... is that you?
    bandit778gmonkey76SumoLegoIceCreamClonestluxCommanderRaabsnowhitiekiki180703
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 11,853
    Or very, very dark grey.
    gmonkey76CommanderRaabobi_g
    ^^shhhhh, I am in disguise. Let me take my glasses off though...
  • JooTogJooTog Southern CaliforniaMember Posts: 938
    ...but it is not black ;-)
    TheFew
  • MaffyDMaffyD West YorkshireMember Posts: 2,505
    ^^ Just watch out for the alien spacecraft warping in from hyperspace - I hear they love to melt ABS!
    Switchfoot55
  • obi_gobi_g BlightyMember Posts: 500
    TheFew said:
    Looks like i suddenly found some more Lego display room...

is that the "Billy" book cases from Ikea?
  • All_That_RocksAll_That_Rocks UKMember Posts: 641
    ^ Love it - Especially the labelling

SumoLego
  • TheFewTheFew EnglandMember Posts: 1,465
    obi_g said:
    TheFew said:
    Looks like i suddenly found some more Lego display room...

is that the "Billy" book cases from Ikea?
    Yeah, the billy bookcase with oxberg doors. 95 quid a bookcase inc the doors. A bargain.
    SumoLego
  • LuLegoLuLego UKMember Posts: 923
    @Bromwich where are your led lights from? Are they mains or battery? Thanks 
    Jackad7
  • BromwichBromwich LondonMember Posts: 17
    Mains powered. I used a 5m roll with some clip on cables and a seal power supply, but I had most of these from work. Can give you the spec for the kit though. Had to cover the cables with electrical tape. Glad you like it. Not sure my wife does!
    Jackad7
  • LuLegoLuLego UKMember Posts: 923
    It's a fantastic display case. I think the lights look very good - yes to sharing how you set the lights up, please.
  • All_That_RocksAll_That_Rocks UKMember Posts: 641
    @Bromwich  - Would really like to see how you put the whole thing together.
  • JuggaJugga LondonMember Posts: 5
    Nice one @Bromwich, this is much along the lines of what I have been thinking and working on recently. The elusive reality of displaying your minifigs without fear of dust, and being able to access them quickly and easily is harder than it seems! Also do you work for a point of sale company?

I had put together this test frame recently from a standard small Ribba. It can fit 6 studs deep internally.

I cut and created a new Rear Timber Frame that can be mounted to the wall. Then the front part of the Ribba has the glass glued into the Frame Front, and slides over the Rear Frame. 10mm Neodymium Magnets are used to hold the Front to the Rear when it is mounted on the wall. I have planned to use these brackets to mount to the wall as the force is directly square to the frame, http://https//www.amazon.co.uk/FLUSH-MOUNT-HIDDEN-MIRROR-BRACKETS/dp/B007IWYN6U

catwranglerandheCommanderRaabJackad7Onebricktoomanykiki180703
  • ThoughtsonblocksThoughtsonblocks United StatesMember Posts: 178
    I was trying to use the official, newer style of lego minifigure displays, but was getting frustrated with the price ($25 to $30 for the 16 fig display) and the fact that Lego has put out multiple CMF sets now that deviated from the 16 fig set size.  Also, they substantially changed the case design at some point in the past, after I had already bought a few, so they didnt match.  Leaves me nervous I will invest a considerable amount of money into cases that will get discontinued and wont match.  Dumb OCD.  Anyways, I was trying to find a solution to the over-count Disney and Lego Batman CMF's, and ended up buying a wall mount display case similar to other ones posted here.  I picked it up at Micheal's, normally $49.99, on sale for 50% (which they do pretty much every other week).  It has a swing open front door and 6 shelves (counting the bottom).  Looks like it should comfortably display two CMF sets.  Only concern is it hangs on two regular nail hangers which I would not trust for something that has a door to open and close and a glass front.  I am working on a better mounting option today:

stluxOnebricktoomanycatwranglermadforLEGOMegtheCatJackad7TXLegoguykiki180703
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 17,706
    I cannot remember if anyone has pointed to JangBricks display. He uses Strictly Briks plates, then pony-ears the baseplates into the gaps.  Due to the number of colours they make, these look pretty good. Probably best not to ask about dust!

dmcc0andheLittleLoriSeanTheCollectorkiki180703
  • andheandhe UKMember Posts: 2,731
    Mr Gold just casually tucked on a plate.
    Phonegal