Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Comments

• The_MackThe_Mack Member Posts: 239
    meh.. that's the price they should of been...
  • Penkid11Penkid11 Member Posts: 789
    ^Nope. Still $5 too high.
    Titus
  • vwong19vwong19 San DiegoMember Posts: 1,188
    $10 too high.... I haven't really been looking for this set, but I've only seen it physically at my Toys R Us and Lego Store. Are they out at Target or Walmart like last year?
  • ColoradoBricksColoradoBricks Denver, CO, USAMember Posts: 1,672
    Target.com has them listed. Last week they were at 39.99 and 31.99 (Amazon matched those prices). Using the target discounts, I got them for $34.60 and $27.70
  • scotty12scotty12 United States, IowaMember Posts: 734
    Target.com matched the prices of Amazon last week. I'm in Iowa and the closest LEGO store is 3 hrs away(one way). I've seen the City calendars at a Walmart last week but no Star Wars....seen them both at TRU at their mark-ups.
  • LaziterLaziter Member Posts: 76
    I got the City and Friends calendar for $22.5 each and the Star Wars for $31 when I preordered them at bricks4you.com.
  • vwong19vwong19 San DiegoMember Posts: 1,188
    Even Lego now realizes they over estimated how much demand there is for their SW advent. They have the set reduced down to $39.99.

http://shop.lego.com/en-US/LEGO-Star-Wars-Advent-Calendar-9509?ShipTo=US&_requestid=636156
    The_Mack
  • bmwlegobmwlego Long Island, New YorkMember Posts: 802
    After seeing how many SW adverts were available AFTER Christmas last year I am surprised they had this year's listed for $50 to begin with. It certainly kept me from buying one this year and the City calendar does nothing for me this year. Might go Advent free this year for first time since '06 when I became an AFOL.
  • baronbaron Member Posts: 106
    saw plenty of Star Wars and City advents at my Wal-Mart...There will definitely be post-christmas stockpiles just like last year's edition...
  • The_MackThe_Mack Member Posts: 239
    edited October 2012

Even though I think the new price is still a bit high. I'm glad to see people are voting with their wallets. People buy these for their kids, and they buy multiples. An extra $10 or $20 dollars x 3 kids is a big deal. $150.00 for 3 advents? No way... and that coming from an AFOL.
    People went a bit crazy for these last year, because it was a first, a Star Wars advent. TLG underestimated the demand in the beginning, but soon caught up. I think they though the same thing would happen this year. But you curb that demand when your price point is way too high. But in business you sometimes price high to see what happens, if nobody buys, you drop it. Easy to drop the price, but hard to move it up..