Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

[Worldwide] Toys "R" Us Starts International Shipping

Ma1234Ma1234 Member Posts: 693
edited October 2012 in Shopping Elsewhere
Pretty big deal for people in many countries, because even with the inflated Toys "R" Us prices, it will still often be cheaper to buy them from toysrus.com and ship. Countries include Australia, Brazil, Canada, India, Mexico, New Zealand, Peru, Russia and all the major EU countries, as well as most of the Caribbean/Central America.

http://www.sacbee.com/2012/10/11/4901553/toysrus-introduces-international.html

Comments

• HuwHuw Brickset Towers, Hampshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,458
    That could be handy for polybags etc. not available outside the US.
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 17,824
    Good for cheap polys for EU people, but not for anything more expensive than about $25.
    Just tried it for a #7915 V-wing $19.99 --> converts to £12.10 in the checkout plus £5.22 postage.
  • LegoFanTexasLegoFanTexas TexasMember Posts: 8,409
    Do they ship to Pakistan? If so, @Coolspash will be really happy... He was the first person I thought of when I saw this.
    Arh, just found the list, Pakistan isn't on it... Shame... But many others will be happy...

Andorra, Anguilla, Antigua and Barbuda, Australia, Austria, Barbados, Belgium, Belize, Bermuda, Brazil, Bulgaria, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Dominica, Dominican Republic, El Salvador, Estonia, France, Germany, Greece, Grenada, Guadeloupe, Guatemala, Guyana, Haiti, Holy City (Vatican City State), Honduras, Hungary, India, Ireland, Isle of Man, Italy, Jamaica, Japan, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxemburg, Malta, Martinique, Mexico, Monaco, Montserrat, Netherlands, New Zealand, Nicaragua, Panama, Peru, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russian Federation, Saint Barthélemy, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Martin, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Switzerland, Trinidad and Tobago, United Kingdom and the Virgin Islands (British).
  • morezonemorezone Member Posts: 207
    Helps if it works. Tried to make an order and errored after entering CC info.
    Tried again and this time it won't accept my phone number and keeps asking for the field to be filled. Number went in fine the first time but this time, it won't. Tried every possible combination of input I could think off and still no joy.
    4 polys come up as £4.95 postage. 5 polys just push the customs/VAT limit for UK. Unless the dollar slides a little bit.
    And this means we can also get properly involved in the arguments on the US buying thread about who bought all the deals.
    Bumblepantsepyon396
  • alijoezacalijoezac UK, NottinghamMember Posts: 521
    edited October 2012
    Wouldn't let me ship a #30210 to the UK :-(
    ^ Me neither. So they have restrictions on some. Mind you I wouldn't pay $5 for it, not when I picked up loads at $4 a piece when they first came out.
  • SirKevbagsSirKevbags Fairy Land Member Posts: 4,030
    This won't last for UK delivery. I'm sure Lego will have something to say. Amazon.con can't ship Lego here.
    It seems that although the site errored after payment and told me the tranaction hadn't gone through, it actually did go through. I've just had an email confirmation of the order.
    Now to see how long it takes to receive it and in what state I receive it in.
  • CoolsplashCoolsplash Member Posts: 935
    Oh well, its still a big YAY for my friends located all over the world who can now order direct from TRU, and so good for the polys! I won't be jealous :)

And awwwwww @LegoFanTexas, for thinking about me with this :) And even I knew Pakistan is not in the list before I checked it myself, kinda like too good to be true. But, I see it happening by 2013! So close! And India is on the list too! Bad bad TRU, I am just a stone throw away from India! Which brings me to my question, anyone on here from India?? Lets be friends!!! :D I know I know so selfish of me!
    ^ You bet!

You may be from the other side of the world from me, you might have different beliefs from me (I don't know what they are and honestly don't care), we both love LEGO and that is what counts, we come here to share the love of the brick!

While I might have cheap access to LEGO in the US, that doesn't mean I can't feel for you, what it must be like over there seeing all these deals, and paying what you probably have to pay, to get it yourself.

Hopefully that situation gets corrected for you and you can start getting deals as well. :)
  • SupersympaSupersympa SwedenMember Posts: 534
    They do not ship to Sweden, but i tested with a couple of items...and to be fair, with all the amazon deals we get, it is not worth it for Europeans if you include tax and shipping
  • sidersddsidersdd USAMember Posts: 2,432
    You can even get that Statue of Liberty poly now, which used to be a NY exclusive:
    http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=12776826
    Thanks again for your kind words @LegoFanTexas, and I have tried to voice my beliefs somewhat but, its not why I am here for :P its pure love and passion for LEGO only :) But yes, I do see a slow shift in things, with Legoland Malaysia opening up, also heard another Legoland might open in Dubai in next 2 years, but somehow the logistics will always be a problem for us Lego fans here in our region. And the price people have to pay for Lego over here, so unfair. But that is where I come in, to help people who need Lego.

But if more Re-sellers and businesses would open doors to ship to my region and my country it would be really awesome. Last business was Barnes & Noble but they have notorious shipping rules now. Lets hope for the best.
    LegoFanTexas
  • khmellymelkhmellymel United KingdomMember Posts: 1,232
    Dangs, no China either... wanted some polys!
  • The_MackThe_Mack Member Posts: 239
    Does anyone know how this works? Or is it even implemented yet? I'd like to have something sent from Australia to the U.S.
  • Si_UKNZSi_UKNZ NZMember Posts: 4,179
    Dont forget you'll probably pay import tax in your region, so add that onto the prices when working out the costs.
  • EricEric Queensland, AustraliaMember Posts: 376
    Pah, they still want $60 to ship #8043 to me (Australia). That's what the folks at Bricklink can do for me. :/ I liked it when Amazon.fr could ship to me for $20. :/ But, it will be good for little stuff. :)
  • BastaBasta Australia Member Posts: 1,259
    edited October 2012
    Works out pretty good for Australians, I placed an order and their shipping is quite reasonable, I ordered #10212 Imperial Shuttle (None of the Amazon sites will ship this to AU) & #10197 Fire Brigade. Initially when I looked elsewhere it was nearly $100 extra shipped then what I paid from TRU. I have since found a couple of Brick link sellers who are just over $50 extra shipped, but this does not factor in the PayPal exchange rate.

The main reason for ordering from TRU was that I could not get the Imperial Shuttle from Amazon, if this was available I may have just ordered from them.

As a comparison, I added the Fire Brigade and the Tower Bridge (Same price as the shuttle, although weighs 500grams more) at Amazon.fr and it came to $455 shipped vs. my TRU order which was $445.

I think when TRU has Lego on sale it should be really good value.

Congrats @Basta, how about placing an order for me in next TRU Sale and maybe the Air cargo can parachute me the sets on the way to Aussieland :P
  • EricEric Queensland, AustraliaMember Posts: 376
    I hadn't considered the sales that they have. That's a good call.
  • 111ins111ins Member Posts: 265
    will be interesting to see what all they will ship up to Canada...
  • doriansdaddoriansdad CTCMember Posts: 1,337
    I wonder if they will put more effort in their packaging for overseas items? If not I can only guess at the carnage.

I wonder if they will put more effort in their packaging for overseas items? If not I can only guess at the carnage.

I wonder the same thing, they are using iparcel who are handling all the payments and customer service. From doing a little research it looks like Amazon uses them sometimes, especially to South America and Asia, from what I read a lot of people are not that happy with the service, lost and damaged items and long delays seemed to be the norm.

I will have to wait and see how it goes.

So far they seem to have split my order 3 ways, I have one confirmation email for just the free mini-figure, then another for the Fire Brigade each with there own tracking number, still waiting on the Imperial Shuttles.
    edited October 2012
    ^ Please keep us updated. I really would have thought TLG would have had agreements in place with its distributors not to export to countries where retailers also carry their product. Obviously this puts toy stores in Australia at a huge disadvantage. B&N has been doing this for a long time now so I guess no such agreement exists. Very strange.
    The smaller distributors can't do it, there is a rule that says you may not sell LEGO outside of your country, but TRU and B&N and Amazon might be exempt from that rule.
    I know Amazon.com won't ship to the UK but no idea if they can't.
    edited October 2012
    We have TRU in Australia which is what I find strange about the whole thing, we have a TRU.com.au online store as well.

With Amazon.com most of the Lego they will not ship here, but Amazon.fr & Amazon.es will send a large percentage of there Lego stock, although the items they will and will not send randomly change at different times.
    So like, I am going to rant, if TRU can ship to Australia, why not Pakistan? Its like, geographically speaking, they can ship to Pakistan as well. And its so weird they don't. I have a very small store on Bricklink and have made around 40-50 good trades and few of them are to Australia :) People from Australia bought items from me because of the shipping discount they get. Logistics is a burner. I wish TRU would start shipping to Pakistan! As then I would be their first and dedicated customer :D
    ^ I doubt if it is down to distance. More likely it is down to (lack of) services available in Pakistan, compared to other nations. They need delivery services to be (i) cheap and (ii) reliable.
  • PohmPohm Member Posts: 17
    Good news, had a quick look to see prices and they seem reasonable when measured against local prices. They said the polybag I'd added couldn't be shipped to NZ though.
    It took 12 days from placing the order to receiving it. Overall, quite pleased.
    2 X Diagon Alley's were sent in the original lego shipping box but it still got a little squashed.
    3 X Hagrid's Hut were sent seperately in a large box and the contents arrived undamaged but the packing box did suffer some damage.

At least they used boxes to ship the stuff.
  • ChanMcLChanMcL Member Posts: 1,224
    @morezone, did they charge 20% VAT??
    iParcels charge the VAT during the checkout process.
    You place the order, select international shipping and then at the next page it tells you how much shipping is and also VAT and DUTY along with the item costs all in GBP.
    You pay for everything (Duty & VAT etc) in GBP and then just wait for the parcel to turn up.
    SirKevbags
    @morezone Thanks for that information. That's how it works with US Amazon to the UK. It's good to be able to see the actual costs.
    The US$ rate is very favourable as well. Just ordered 5 X #40026 and they have used 1.64 as the rate against xe.com 1.60

Sub-Total:15.1552
    Shipping: 4.9687
    Duties: 0.0000
    Taxes: 3.2434

Order Total: 23.3700

At £4.67 each delivered, it isn't too bad.

• stevenzhangstevenzhang Member Posts: 410
    @morezone, where did you find #40026? Is it listed at the TRU website?
    Yes. There's a link postd near the top of this thread
  • jay359jay359 Member Posts: 9
    Not impressed with them so far. Placed an order 5 1/2 days ago, I have an order no, a purchase authorisation on my credit card but still no email confirming the order and a search on their site for the order no. comes up as invalid.

• BillybrownBillybrown UKMember Posts: 748
    @jay359 same happened to me then all of a sudden updates were made and it was at customs for 48 hours, was then released to the UK. Noticed one of boxes had been opened by customs and re-taped up.
    Part of My order took 12 days, Imperial Shuttle & Free Minifigure, unfortunately the box was wet. One end of the IS box was soaked.

Here are some pictures

Wet Imperial Shuttle top

photo

The other part of my order the Fire Brigade has still not arrived and the tracking number I received is apparently invalid.
  • effalconeffalcon Member Posts: 71
    My order took 7 days to arrive, no issues what so ever.

tracking information wasnt exactly reliable, but it came quicker then i expected.
    ^ Looks like my orders from TRU. Par for the course.
    I was quite impressed that mine came in a cardboard box. I remember ordering 6 x Hogwarts Castles on 3for2 a good while back and they turned up in a plastic bag which was all ripped. They were crushed so even at the £66.66 price tag they were returned. Thankfully my order from Toyrs R Us Indianapolis turned up in good shape, the couriers must have been reasonably careful though as there wasnt a lot of padding inside the box.
  • jay359jay359 Member Posts: 9
    Thanks Billybrown, I guess I just got a bit concerned at not getting an email to confirm the order, especially after having to chase up a couple of orders by phone with both Shop at Home and B&N in the past.

The [email protected] order, sat at 'in process' for 2 weeks and they had to cancel the order and redo it over the phone and the B&N one had a note to contact Customer Service. When I did they told me everything was okay and I got a shipping notification a couple of days later. After about a week I got an email to say they'd cancelled the order - lucky for me, it was already on the way and arrived a few days later.

Anyway, the purchase authorisation on my card changed overnight to a charge by iParcel, along with an international transfaction fee, so it looks like the order went through okay.
    jay359 said:

Anyway, the purchase authorisation on my card changed overnight to a charge by iParcel, along with an international transfaction fee, so it looks like the order went through okay.

Yep your cooking on gas now, wont be long.

Has anyone from the Uk recently tried to place an order? It wont seem to let me do it now....comes up with 'invalid card' yet Ive tried multiple cards all state the same even though they have credit. Toysrus.com apparantly dont have an international number otherwise I would call them. I tried emailing but nothing back.