Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

PAB fulfillment delay?

tdhbrtdhbr Member Posts: 188
edited October 2012 in Shopping USA/Canada
Sorry if this has been posted already, but I didn't find a discussion ... There's a message on the PAB website about how US orders are currently delayed due to "unforeseen circumstances." Anyone know what's going on, and how long it's taking to get an order? I was thinking of placing an order during double points month, but if there's a big delay I'll just go to Bricklink.

Comments

• prof1515prof1515 EarthMember Posts: 1,561
    It's been that way for at least a few weeks. No idea what the delay may be but it might have something to do with transitioning some of their equipment to produce parts for upcoming sets. That's a pure guess on my part. :-D
  • BrickDancerBrickDancer Dunes of TatooineMember Posts: 3,639
    edited October 2012
    In the past month or so, I've placed PAB orders before and after the notice. The 'before' order was given a $10 credit for the delay, however the package arrived on-time and maybe ahead of schedule. Second order also arrived timely, but no $10 credit provided. So if there is a delay, it wasn't a bad one for my two sole orders.
  • Decroded77Decroded77 Member Posts: 40
    I have placed two orders while that delay notice was posted. I never ordered before that so no baseline to compare to, but I think my orders took just about two weeks.
  • BeardedCastleGuyBeardedCastleGuy Member Posts: 127
    The way the notice singles out US orders leads me to believe that it's not a 'production issue', that'd affect everyone and could be handled with a simple 'out of stock' message for the affected pieces. I suspect there's been some change in tariff's or shipping regulations or some other various Governmental policy thing for the US and that's why it's specifically pointed out on the order page. It also sounds like it's not having a major affect on said orders per the folks posting above but as they say, 'Your Mileage May Vary'.
  • NicksBricksNicksBricks United StatesMember Posts: 258
    Did PAB last week and received it today. That's actually the fastest they have ever been.
  • DadsAFOLDadsAFOL USAMember Posts: 617
    I had a recent order that arrived no later than prior orders as well. It may be a "under promise and over deliver" customer service message. Maybe they had a couple pallets of daily shipments that went on a customs side trip that upset some customers. So now they put the message up just in case.

BTW, anyone notice that they appear to print the US domestic postage in Denmark? The labels look like no other postage labels I've ever seen. I think they pack and label orders in Denmark, throw them in a pallet container, and ship the pallet to somewhere in the US. Then they open the pallet and hand everything over to the USPS to deliver.
  • MatthewMatthew Cheshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 3,735
    ^ I'm in the UK, but they have an even stranger way of doing it here... They pick replacement parts orders in Denmark and PAB in Poland, then take it all over to Germany, where they give it to Deutsche Post who then transport to the UK where it is delivered by Royal Mail...
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 19,651
    All my PAB (in UK) have come courier like HDN (cheap man in a cheap van).
  • red237red237 Member Posts: 300
    FYI- Hi. My PAB, ordered 9/1 took over 2 weeks to arrive, which is thenlongest it has ever taken. I am in the US
  • jagdjhjagdjh Member Posts: 95
    In the US too. I placed a small ($15) order on the 3rd, was notified that it shipped on the 8th and received it on the 16th.
  • tamamahmtamamahm Member Posts: 1,977
    Maybe my assumption is wrong....

Wasn't part of the reasoning for the demise of the grab bags because even thought the pieces were individually tests, by Lego putting them into a new bag, they suddenly had a different skew, so the entire bag would need to be retested?

An individual taking the items off the wall at the Lego store does not have that issue.

I was wondering, though, how it worked online, because while the individual is selecting the pieces, Lego is physically putting together the items to send... Maybe the delay is simply an extra step somewhere in this process due to the above.

The theory may be utterly wrong, but it does seem that the PAB message and the demise of the grab bag occurred around similar times.