Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

The Community Perspective on Reselling

1242527293058

Comments

  • LegofanscottLegofanscott Member Posts: 622

    I wasn't trying to go off topic, I was responding to your specific example of a drug dealer selling LEGO.

    My question was, do your feelings about buying LEGO from a drug dealer change if said drugs were legal?

    It is also on topic because of what you replied to, the issue of letting people do what they want (within the bounds of law of course)

    For all we know we couldve all bought sets handled by drug dealers without knowing it, considering most stuff is sent from the Netherlands here in europe :D
  • BanditBandit Member Posts: 890
    This thread has just gone to pot.
    caperberrydougtstedwardLegoFanTexasFollowsCloselylegomatt
  • Pitfall69Pitfall69 0 miles to Legoboy's houseMember Posts: 11,444
    edited August 2013
    Bandit said:

    This thread has just gone to pot.

    No, "she's gone from suck to blow"
    dougtsLegoFanTexaslegomatt
  • pvancil27pvancil27 Member Posts: 588
    vitreolum said:

    This is my main problem with what I've read here. Why does one exclude the other? Why can't a collector/builder/mocer be a reseller and still be a fan? If they were to resell anything else, that fine, no problem there, but lego reselling? No way we can accept that!

    The problem is 99/100 times, the re-seller hat wins over the collector hat. This is in different ways, I pointed out the LFT quotes about not being able to justify keeping or opening something because of its value. I've watched people get stuck with enough product they cant move that they abandon the hobby as a whole. There is the rare person who can juggle the two, but it's pretty uncommon.
    vitreolum said:

    Of course emotion is involved in a hobby but when it comes to reselling it has no room there, it's a business, not a hobby.

    And THAT is one of the biggest problems at it's core. For the people who look at this as a hobbiest site, that injection of a completely cold emotionless commoditization of something they love cause them an issue. In this places case, they made a spot for that to go on, and the majority of the problems seem to be when it leaks too other threads. Personally this is why I loathed the "we provide a service" lines re-sellers feed people here. They are using emotion to justify an emotionless act.

    vitreolum said:

    If you think about it, everyone stocking on DS and FB is actually doing the fans a favor, guaranteeing that the fans will be able to get those at retail or near for years maybe after EOL. And guess who are going to be the ones to sell first? Yep, the ones that have no interest in Lego and are there only for the profit. Had this not happened, prices would have gone skyrocket, resellers involved or not.

    Case in point.

    vitreolum said:


    Again we are in agreement. I'd just add the conclusion that I personally draw from that sentence: that protracted emotionless discussion of business has no place on a hobby site. From which I draw the conclusion that I was wrong to think that Brickset is a hobby site. Situation resolved, as I have no control over Brickset other than to state my feelings and blindly hope they influence something. I don't want 'resellers' gone from Brickset. I want emotionless discussions for personal gain gone. Yes, I know it'll never happen.

    Of course, as many said before, the first comment when a new set is released and posted here shouldn't be "My, that's gonna be a winner in the aftermarket."

    But talking about investments and reselling (in their respective threads, obviously) shouldn't be shunned either as it's still a part of the AFOL world. It just has to be dealt with differently.
    Yes, I'm at least glad that one of the positive things to emerge from this thread is that most people seem to agree on keeping things to threads and I hope everyone feels comfortable about pointing that out should things bleed into general threads.
    The admins/mods should direct that to it's proper place. I think it looks ungodly tacky when someone posts something and 15 other people tell them it was discussed 6 months ago or that it's an area of discussion we frown upon"

    I wasn't trying to go off topic, I was responding to your specific example of a drug dealer selling LEGO.

    My question was, do your feelings about buying LEGO from a drug dealer change if said drugs were legal?

    It is also on topic because of what you replied to, the issue of letting people do what they want (within the bounds of law of course)

    No, because he was flatly selling stolen product, the same way my opinion of you or any other re-seller would go to zero if I heard you were selling merch bought from the factory backdoor.
  • vitreolumvitreolum RomaniaMember Posts: 1,406
    pvancil27 said:


    Case in point.

    I have stated previously it's all about profit. Anyone saying they sell for some other reason is just lying. Of course, as a fan you are more attached to what you sell than as a random seller, but you're still doing this for a profit. Period. And there is absolutely nothing wrong with that in my view, both as a buyer and as a seller.

    My argument there was in no way to show the noble aspect or heroics of reselling. It was simply to show there's a benefit for fans as well.
    LegoFanTexas
  • beegeedeebeegeedee Galway, IrelandMember Posts: 380
    Why does anyone sell anything? If there was no profit in it there would be no selling going on. I think probably it's all down to the fact that people really want the older sets but are too expensive on the second hand market so they hate the resellers because they can't afford them.
    LegoFanTexasFollowsCloselyBrick_Obsession
  • LootefiskLootefisk Member Posts: 67
    To all those hoping resellers get what's coming to them an interesting article on what can happen to a hobby of toy speculation.

    http://m.pitch.com/kansascity/blogs/Post?basename=and-you-thought-your-investments-had-tanked-studies-in-crap-rages-against-the-beanie-baby-handbook&day=14&id=FastPitch&month=05&year=2009
  • LegoFanTexasLegoFanTexas TexasMember Posts: 8,409
    Pitfall69 said:

    Bandit said:

    This thread has just gone to pot.

    No, "she's gone from suck to blow"
    That's what *he* said...
  • TheLoneTensorTheLoneTensor MericaMember Posts: 3,950
    edited August 2013
    Lootefisk said:

    To all those hoping resellers get what's coming to them an interesting article on what can happen to a hobby of toy speculation.

    http://m.pitch.com/kansascity/blogs/Post?basename=and-you-thought-your-investments-had-tanked-studies-in-crap-rages-against-the-beanie-baby-handbook&day=14&id=FastPitch&month=05&year=2009

    Short answer: You can't build cool things with beanie babies, so it's largely comparing apples and coal

    Long answer: If there's a Lego bubble, it will likely destroy the outlying, "high value" items. My personal rule of thumb is that any Lego set/minifig/thing over 2x rrp is in danger of plummeting given the right market conditions. Other, smartly-chosen sets, are more insulated (e.g. trains, modulars - even the FB). Some are downright bulletproof. For example, you will likely never see the Emerald Night (misb) go for less than $200. But, that wonderful Mr. Gold could eventually share the fate of beanie Stripes or Seaweed, because when perceived value eclipses actual value by that much, it's just a matter of when.
    Pitfall69
  • LootefiskLootefisk Member Posts: 67
    tensor said:

    Lootefisk said:

    To all those hoping resellers get what's coming to them an interesting article on what can happen to a hobby of toy speculation.

    http://m.pitch.com/kansascity/blogs/Post?basename=and-you-thought-your-investments-had-tanked-studies-in-crap-rages-against-the-beanie-baby-handbook&day=14&id=FastPitch&month=05&year=2009

    Short answer: You can't build cool things with beanie babies, so it's largely comparing apples and coal

    .
    If you're talking used condition sales agree completely. Once you require a mint condition box in your collection then they become rather similar.

    I do agree that "building cool things" does limit the downside some. Some of the things people say around here remind me of the same things I've heard with baseball cards and other toy "collectibles"



  • pvancil27pvancil27 Member Posts: 588
    You can build cool things with the non Lego block brands too. They do not cost nearly what Lego does on the secondary market. TO assume Lego is bubble proof is pretty short sighted IMO (although also totally off topic.)
  • TheLoneTensorTheLoneTensor MericaMember Posts: 3,950
    edited August 2013
    Lootefisk said:

    If you're talking used condition sales agree completely. Once you require a mint condition box in your collection then they become rather similar.

    I do agree that "building cool things" does limit the downside some. Some of the things people say around here remind me of the same things I've heard with baseball cards and other toy "collectibles"

    I disagree. Unlike a beanie baby's pristine tag, the value is not in the actual "sealed box," but rather the concept that by buying a sealed box, you are making sure that what you are getting inside is pristine and fresh.
    pvancil27 said:

    You can build cool things with the non Lego block brands too. They do not cost nearly what Lego does on the secondary market. TO assume Lego is bubble proof is pretty short sighted IMO (although also totally off topic.)

    I'm assuming you're talking to me. I certainly didn't say "Lego" was bubble proof, I simply stated something like the Emerald Night likely was. I'll probably see my grave before I see a new Emerald Night go for under $200*. I also don't appreciate being called "pretty short-sighted," because that's inflammatory and insulting. But, then again, I guess that makes this on-topic for this thread :)

    * Barring anything that might result in the complete breakdown of social structure, in which case, all bets are off.
    jasor
  • LegofanscottLegofanscott Member Posts: 622
    Lootefisk said:

    tensor said:

    Lootefisk said:

    To all those hoping resellers get what's coming to them an interesting article on what can happen to a hobby of toy speculation.

    http://m.pitch.com/kansascity/blogs/Post?basename=and-you-thought-your-investments-had-tanked-studies-in-crap-rages-against-the-beanie-baby-handbook&day=14&id=FastPitch&month=05&year=2009

    Short answer: You can't build cool things with beanie babies, so it's largely comparing apples and coal

    .
    If you're talking used condition sales agree completely. Once you require a mint condition box in your collection then they become rather similar.

    I do agree that "building cool things" does limit the downside some. Some of the things people say around here remind me of the same things I've heard with baseball cards and other toy "collectibles"



    But the worst case scenario is that your left with loads of great sets, even if there is a bubble.

    I really don't see the resemblance of beanie babies to Lego though, i wish people would stop comparing them to Lego.

    Beanie babies was a completely short lived marketing fad much like pokemon cards, Lego has been around long before most people on this forum were even born, there are still so many people where i live that have never even heard of a Lego exclusive or what a reseller is, until that day comes im gunna keep collecting lego sets :)

    Personally i believe we will be looking back at sets in 10 years time thinking how foolish we were to believe that there was any sort of bubble coming :P
  • TheLoneTensorTheLoneTensor MericaMember Posts: 3,950
    Y'know, I rescind my "end of the world" disclaimer up there. When I'm holed up because of the zombie apocolypse, I will want TONS of Lego sets around to pass the time. In fact, I predict guns, liquor, gold and Lego will be the new world order of commodities at that time, heh.
    pharmjodThanos75jasor
  • LootefiskLootefisk Member Posts: 67


    Beanie babies was a completely short lived marketing fad much like pokemon cards, Lego has been around long before most people on this forum were even born, there are still so many people where i live that have never even heard of a Lego exclusive or what a reseller is, until that day comes im gunna keep collecting lego sets :)

    Personally i believe we will be looking back at sets in 10 years time thinking how foolish we were to believe that there was any sort of bubble coming :P

    Baseball cards had been around for 100 years and then the bubble burst. Who knows when it will happen but it will happen. As long as your happy with a bunch of Lego as a collector it shouldn't be a problem though. If you strictly view lego as something to resell and profit off of it might be.

  • LootefiskLootefisk Member Posts: 67
    tensor said:


    I disagree. Unlike a beanie baby's pristine tag, the value is not in the actual "sealed box," but rather the concept that by buying a sealed box, you are making sure that what you are getting inside is pristine and fresh.

    I think to some extent that's correct. But I see an awful lot of posts in this thread http://www.bricksetforum.com/discussion/11702/us-41999-crawler-exclusive-edition-set-is-now-available-on-s-h-us#latest where people are relieved their box is in mint shape with no scratches. I'm not saying this is you just that to many people it is all about the condition of the box. When that is the case it becomes no different then collecting Beanie Babies.
  • pvancil27pvancil27 Member Posts: 588
    tensor said:

    pvancil27 said:

    You can build cool things with the non Lego block brands too. They do not cost nearly what Lego does on the secondary market. TO assume Lego is bubble proof is pretty short sighted IMO (although also totally off topic.)

    I'm assuming you're talking to me. I certainly didn't say "Lego" was bubble proof, I simply stated something like the Emerald Night likely was. I'll probably see my grave before I see a new Emerald Night go for under $200*. I also don't appreciate being called "pretty short-sighted," because that's inflammatory and insulting. But, then again, I guess that makes this on-topic for this thread :)

    * Barring anything that might result in the complete breakdown of social structure, in which case, all bets are off.
    It wasn't directly at you as much as the consistent "Lego is bubbleproof" people. The bubble won;t pop as bad as beanie babies with is far and away one of the most extreme examples of a bubble. Lego doesn't have that bubble in that there are not AFOLs calling the lego store to see if they are getting any Lego in. Even with re-sellers involved 41999 lasted 10 days. in Beanies haydays high end limited beanies wouldnt last 10 minutes.

    Sorry if you felt insulted, It was not meant as such.
    Lootefisk said:

    Baseball cards had been around for 100 years and then the bubble burst. Who knows when it will happen but it will happen. As long as your happy with a bunch of Lego as a collector it shouldn't be a problem though. If you strictly view lego as something to resell and profit off of it might be.

    Exactly. This is much closer to the bubble Lego could experience. And even after that bubble burst, manufactures still pump out new product, dealers still exist and older product from the bubble years (lates 80's-early 90's) while mostly worthless still has rare gems (UD Griffey Rookies) The bubble is also going to hit the mint sealed box premium much harder then the used set market.
  • LegofanscottLegofanscott Member Posts: 622
    pvancil27 said:

    tensor said:

    pvancil27 said:

    You can build cool things with the non Lego block brands too. They do not cost nearly what Lego does on the secondary market. TO assume Lego is bubble proof is pretty short sighted IMO (although also totally off topic.)

    I'm assuming you're talking to me. I certainly didn't say "Lego" was bubble proof, I simply stated something like the Emerald Night likely was. I'll probably see my grave before I see a new Emerald Night go for under $200*. I also don't appreciate being called "pretty short-sighted," because that's inflammatory and insulting. But, then again, I guess that makes this on-topic for this thread :)

    * Barring anything that might result in the complete breakdown of social structure, in which case, all bets are off.
    It wasn't directly at you as much as the consistent "Lego is bubbleproof" people. The bubble won;t pop as bad as beanie babies with is far and away one of the most extreme examples of a bubble. Lego doesn't have that bubble in that there are not AFOLs calling the lego store to see if they are getting any Lego in. Even with re-sellers involved 41999 lasted 10 days. in Beanies haydays high end limited beanies wouldnt last 10 minutes.

    Sorry if you felt insulted, It was not meant as such.
    Lootefisk said:

    Baseball cards had been around for 100 years and then the bubble burst. Who knows when it will happen but it will happen. As long as your happy with a bunch of Lego as a collector it shouldn't be a problem though. If you strictly view lego as something to resell and profit off of it might be.

    Exactly. This is much closer to the bubble Lego could experience. And even after that bubble burst, manufactures still pump out new product, dealers still exist and older product from the bubble years (lates 80's-early 90's) while mostly worthless still has rare gems (UD Griffey Rookies) The bubble is also going to hit the mint sealed box premium much harder then the used set market.
    True but that would only ever happen if every single person on earth buying Lego intends to keep it sealed.

  • BanditBandit Member Posts: 890
    I was just talking about this the other day with my wife, attempting to justify my hoard. :) If the world does end as we know it, MISB sets will be incredibly valuable to trade/barter with, likely moreso than food, ammo, and other basic necessities.

    When the oil/war/disaster/zombie apocalypse comes, I figure I'll be able to feed my family for at least a few years siphoning off my collection. ;)
    FollowsClosely
  • cheshirecatcheshirecat Member Posts: 5,332
    The 'I'll be left with lots of lego so its not bad anyway' argument falls apaet pretty quickly. For those with a handfull of sets thats true, for those with 80 ISs, however many modulars etc they would never want that many parts anyway so youre still taking a big hit. and whilst you could still sell the parts, with all the resellers doing the same even the part value will plumet.

    What lego doesnt appear to have is very much buying above rrp to resell later which is good but doesnt insulate the hobby completely. It wouldnt take much of an event to have knock on consequences which just continue to snowball. If people start to believe the good days are ocer theyll start to dump stock, others will see that and panic to dump theres and so on and so on. That wouldnt only impact the new sets but then the used and then the parts. Im not saying it will happen but it could and from quite an inocuous beginning.
    LegoFanTexas
  • caperberrycaperberry LondonMember Posts: 2,226
    "The Zombie Apocalypse and What it Means to AFOLs" is definitely my favourite diversion this thread has taken yet. I'd start another thread, only it's cheered this place up for me.

    Technic will obviously be wildly useful. Does EV3 have a solar panel? I'd best stock up, I hope it's in Argos' next 3 for 2. Maybe I need that book Huw reviewed about building LEGO guns.
    LostInTranslationPitfall69Scottlego667jasor
  • Pitfall69Pitfall69 0 miles to Legoboy's houseMember Posts: 11,444
    I think these "Lego Bubble" comments should be put into the "Lego Bubble" thread. Not that we haven't gone off topic a bit...Ya know...Pirates and hypothetical hungry countries ;)
  • Pitfall69Pitfall69 0 miles to Legoboy's houseMember Posts: 11,444
    I've said it before and I will say it again. You can't compare Baseball Cards with Lego. I had a Sports Card business for several years and luckily I got out before it was too late. You can't build things with Baseball Cards unless it is a "house of cards". "Beanie Babies"was something I knew would never be a long term investment. I never bought one. The great thing about Lego is there are so many things you can do with it then just have it sit on a shelf collecting dust.

    I know "the fringe" wants the bubble to burst, but probably for selfish reasons. To be fair, resellers don't want to bubble to burst for selfish reasons. I think if the bubble burst, it would cause more harm to the hobby than "the fringe" thinks resellers cause.
  • doriansdaddoriansdad CTCMember Posts: 1,337
    There is no bubble and there will never be a bubble....just a slow erosion of profits as more and more resellers saturate the secondary markets....10179 will never be worth less than it is today....and 10193 never more lol.
  • pillpodpillpod Member Posts: 273
    ^ Good point at the end. I'm all for lower prices but we can't pretend that if the bubble were to burst that resellers would be unloading rare sets for pennies.
  • Pitfall69Pitfall69 0 miles to Legoboy's houseMember Posts: 11,444
    I hope you are wrong about #10193 ;)
  • doriansdaddoriansdad CTCMember Posts: 1,337
    Pitfall69 said:

    I hope you are wrong about #10193 ;)

    I hope I am wrong too mate! But we have to be honest...the days of 100% gains are fading fast...alot of folks are happy with 30 - 50%....soon it will be the exception rather than the rule to make 100% in 1 year....and before too long a very rare exception.

  • LegofanscottLegofanscott Member Posts: 622
    edited August 2013
    The only way to make a profit extremely quickly these days is if a set goes EOL out of the blue like Zombies did.

    Wonder what the next set will be to do that? :)

    Firstly im a fan and collector, not a reseller so if the shit does hit the fan i really couldnt care all that much.

    I can also gets sets i missed out on cheaper aswell!
  • caperberrycaperberry LondonMember Posts: 2,226
    Pitfall69 said:

    I think these "Lego Bubble" comments should be put into the "Lego Bubble" thread. Not that we haven't gone off topic a bit...Ya know...Pirates and hypothetical hungry countries ;)

    Yeah, can't we just get back onto the Zombie Apocalypse? I need to plan things now my entire morality has altered.
  • HardradaHardrada Member Posts: 439
    The most likely route is a continuing saturation of the market with decreasing profit margins.

    More extreme scenarios are highly unlikely. I think we'd need Lego to go out of fashion for that. If that ever happens that will likely crash prices to the ground.
  • BanditBandit Member Posts: 890
    The big question is, what will a DS be worth after the zombie apocalypse? A bushel of corn? A bottle of antibiotics? A pig? A milk cow? A bowl of goulash? :)
    caperberryjasor
  • LegofanscottLegofanscott Member Posts: 622
    edited August 2013
    Bandit said:

    The big question is, what will a DS be worth after the zombie apocalypse? A bushel of corn? A bottle of antibiotics? A pig? A milk cow? A bowl of goulash? :)

    Melt them all down and make a lifesize one to live happily ever after in
  • caperberrycaperberry LondonMember Posts: 2,226

    Bandit said:

    The big question is, what will a DS be worth after the zombie apocalypse? A bushel of corn? A bottle of antibiotics? A pig? A milk cow? A bowl of goulash? :)

    Melt them all down and make a lifesize one to live happily ever after in
    Melt down a DS, corn, antibiotics, a pig, a cow and a bowl of goulash? Remind me never to come to yours for dinner.
  • LegofanscottLegofanscott Member Posts: 622
    edited August 2013

    Bandit said:

    The big question is, what will a DS be worth after the zombie apocalypse? A bushel of corn? A bottle of antibiotics? A pig? A milk cow? A bowl of goulash? :)

    Melt them all down and make a lifesize one to live happily ever after in
    Melt down a DS, corn, antibiotics, a pig, a cow and a bowl of goulash? Remind me never to come to yours for dinner.
    haha, i ment melt down all the deathstars on earth and make a real deathstar!
  • wagnerml2wagnerml2 Belleville, IllinoisMember Posts: 1,376
    Pitfall69 said:

    I've said it before and I will say it again. You can't compare Baseball Cards with Lego. I had a Sports Card business for several years and luckily I got out before it was too late. You can't build things with Baseball Cards unless it is a "house of cards". "Beanie Babies"was something I knew would never be a long term investment. I never bought one. The great thing about Lego is there are so many things you can do with it then just have it sit on a shelf collecting dust.

    I know "the fringe" wants the bubble to burst, but probably for selfish reasons. To be fair, resellers don't want to bubble to burst for selfish reasons. I think if the bubble burst, it would cause more harm to the hobby than "the fringe" thinks resellers cause.

    I too owned a sportsacard store for 15 years. I will agree that lego has more intrinsic value than baseball cards, but the process of growing a bubble remains the same. The advent of chase cards, inserted autographs and exclusive releases led to the ultimate downfall of the market and the hobby. Lego is proceeding down the same slippery slope, I fear.
  • BoiseStateBoiseState Member Posts: 804
    The sports card hobby was much larger than Lego is now as well.
  • Pitfall69Pitfall69 0 miles to Legoboy's houseMember Posts: 11,444
    edited August 2013
    @wagnerml2. Yes, that led to the Sports Cards Hobby demise, but people would just be searching for the "chase" cards and the other cards in the pack would be of little value. You can compare the CMF's and the Mr. Gold fiasco with Sports Cards, but the minifigures have so much more value because even if you don't get the ones you want, you can still use most or all the minifigure for MOC's.

    People buy Lego because they love Lego and to find a Chrome C3PO or Darth Vader packed in your set is a wonderful bonus. Sports cards were the other way around.

    Nobody ever said "Awesome!!! I got another Biff Pocoroba"
  • CircleKCircleK U.S. - Columbus, OhioMember Posts: 1,055
    Pitfall69 said:


    Nobody ever said "Awesome!!! I got another Biff Pocoroba"

    Nobody ever said "Awesome!!! I got another Fitness Instructor" either...

    Pitfall69wagnerml2jasor
  • Pitfall69Pitfall69 0 miles to Legoboy's houseMember Posts: 11,444
    edited August 2013
    No, but you can put her head on another torso and use the Boom Box for something.

    BTW, I HAVE said "Awesome!!! Another fitness instructor" ;)
    CircleK
  • TheLoneTensorTheLoneTensor MericaMember Posts: 3,950
    edited August 2013
    Lootefisk said:

    tensor said:


    I disagree. Unlike a beanie baby's pristine tag, the value is not in the actual "sealed box," but rather the concept that by buying a sealed box, you are making sure that what you are getting inside is pristine and fresh.

    I think to some extent that's correct. But I see an awful lot of posts in this thread http://www.bricksetforum.com/discussion/11702/us-41999-crawler-exclusive-edition-set-is-now-available-on-s-h-us#latest where people are relieved their box is in mint shape with no scratches. I'm not saying this is you just that to many people it is all about the condition of the box. When that is the case it becomes no different then collecting Beanie Babies.
    I disagree, because at the end of the day, it's all about the item, itself. The condition of a Lego box is merely a property of the item, which is the Lego set. A Lego box may be pristine or crinkled just like a beanie baby tag may be pristine or crinkled. Both will simply affect the base value of the item plus or minus. Simply put, a non-damaged box will sell for more than a damaged one will, which is why people care about the box.
  • Pitfall69Pitfall69 0 miles to Legoboy's houseMember Posts: 11,444
    I agree. Would you pay full price for a car with dings and dents on the car lot?
  • CircleKCircleK U.S. - Columbus, OhioMember Posts: 1,055
    ^^ I agree. I was just being a smart ass. I saw a kid start crying the other day when he opened an S9 mermaid. I'm not so sure kids always see the benefit of the accessories when they get a fig they didn't want. This especially true when they get a fig they didn't want for the 10th time. But... That is a topic for a different place.
    Pitfall69
  • Pacific493Pacific493 Member Posts: 379
    CircleK said:

    Nobody ever said "Awesome!!! I got another Fitness Instructor" either...

    In my younger and cruder days, I think I would have said something like that if it had actually happened.
    Pitfall69
  • pvancil27pvancil27 Member Posts: 588
    Pitfall69 said:

    I agree. Would you pay full price for a car with dings and dents on the car lot?

    I think the better question is would you pay more for the protective coverings that the car leaves the factory with. YOu need the body for the function of the car, you don't for the Lego box. And the answer is yes. My friends father orders a new car every year, and refuses to take one from the lot because he wants it "factory fresh." And he pays something like 1500 extra because of it.

    Pitfall69
  • EKSamEKSam Member Posts: 349
    edited August 2013

    CircleK said:

    Nobody ever said "Awesome!!! I got another Fitness Instructor" either...

    In my younger and cruder days, I think I would have said something like that if it had actually happened.
    Now, a few years older and a few pounds heavier, we are more likely to say " Not Again!" :-)

    Pitfall69
  • legomattlegomatt Member Posts: 2,548

    CircleK said:

    Nobody ever said "Awesome!!! I got another Fitness Instructor" either...

    In my younger and cruder days, I think I would have said something like that if it had actually happened.
    I'd take a fitness instructor at any time in my life... oh, you're on about baseball cards... I was thinking something very different *nonchalant tune whistling*... carry on... ;oP


  • Pitfall69Pitfall69 0 miles to Legoboy's houseMember Posts: 11,444
    Listen guys, most of you know there isn't much that seperates me and the Neanderthal Man, so my humor is crude.
  • BastaBasta Australia Member Posts: 1,259
    Pitfall69 said:

    Listen guys, most of you know there isn't much that seperates me and the Neanderthal Man, so my humor is crude.

    A little less hair? :P

    Pitfall69
  • Pitfall69Pitfall69 0 miles to Legoboy's houseMember Posts: 11,444
    Basta said:

    Pitfall69 said:

    Listen guys, most of you know there isn't much that seperates me and the Neanderthal Man, so my humor is crude.

    A little less hair? :P

    That made me smile, but not as much as the Fitness Instructor ;)

This discussion has been closed.

Shopping at LEGO.com or Amazon?

Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon

Recent discussions Categories Privacy Policy Brickset.com

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Brickset.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, the Amazon.com.ca, Inc. Associates Program and the Amazon EU Associates Programme, which are affiliate advertising programs designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.