Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Stop motion build of Metroliner Train! hi speed!

dcarleydcarley Member Posts: 3
edited October 2012 in Photography/Video
I have been working on making stop motion Lego builds. Here is my latest video, the Metroliner and club Car. It's all built in 60 seconds.

I also did 7 second builds of a Green creator sports car, and the plane from the Century Skyway airport.

I think this is a good method of doing stop motion builds. Does anybody have any advice? Also there is a neat trick for getting all the pieces in the right place for the build. Building it in the order that looks good on video, not the order in the instructions, can anybody guess how I built it, there's a nifty trick.

Shameless plug, apologies!

Comments

• CupIsHalfEmptyCupIsHalfEmpty CanadaMember Posts: 547
    What do you get for guessing right?

Id say you filmed in reverse and took the set apart instead of assembling it. excellent video I really enjoyd it.
  • JasenJasen Member Posts: 283
    Yeah you filmed it backwards :)
  • dcarleydcarley Member Posts: 3
    yeah guys that's how it was done. It's the only way! then off camera i was rebuilding the train in reverse. 870 photos at 15 frames per second! Took about 4 hours. Might do another train, the red cargo train from the early 90s, if when i get some time!

for guessing right, eh, i will put a subliminal photo of you in one frame in my next stop motion and see if anybody notices lol!
  • CupIsHalfEmptyCupIsHalfEmpty CanadaMember Posts: 547
    Lol best prize ever!

Thank you for bringing this technique to my attention it makes doing a stop motion build seem much more manageable.
  • JasenJasen Member Posts: 283
    I did all mine with pre-building but always thought about the reverse build.
  • dcarleydcarley Member Posts: 3
    when i play it back high speed, it makes the order you take off the pieces seem important. clockwise/anti clockwise, forwards or backwards, gives the video some nice flow. Hard to think about that when you're taking the photos though! I noticed for my video now, on one carriage i put on the pieces clockwise, then a second later i'm putting them on anticlockwise, it ruins the flow but maybe only I notice it!
  • woe, cool!
  • snowtygersnowtyger Member Posts: 47
    Do you mind sharing what equipment you used? I'd love to see more of these