Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Dumb question on 9467 (Ghost Train)

weaselkingweaselking Member Posts: 61
edited October 2012 in Everything else LEGO
So my kids love LEGOs, they love trains. Fun combo, then, so I recently picked up 3677 (Red Cargo) and 7938 (Passenger).

With Halloween coming up, and their recent fascination with werewolves, ghosts, vampires, and the like, I want to pick up 9467 for them.

I've searched here and don't see any mention on whether or not the Ghost Train will fit on the same tracks. Can anyone confirm whether they do or do not? And I'm not really into modding yet, even if it is just the base of a train car, but this could potentially push me into that area.

Comments

• Penkid11Penkid11 Member Posts: 789
    You would have to modify it to move by itself, but either way, yes both the 9V and plastic tracks will work.
  • cheshirecatcheshirecat Member Posts: 5,332
  • DaddyDeuceDaddyDeuce Member Posts: 272
    edited October 2012
    I believe the engine will fit on regular tracks, but the cars don't have train wheels and need to be modded to even fit on the track. Motorization, of course, would require further mods.
  • weaselkingweaselking Member Posts: 61
    Thanks all for the quick response. It sure appeared that the engine had capable wheels. I also guessed that the cars' did not have compatible wheels. As I said, this may push me into modding, especially after cheshirecat's inspiration. I'm not as concerned with motorizing it just yet.

Makes me wonder about 7597, now that I think about it...
  • oldtodd33oldtodd33 Denver 4800 miles to BillundMember Posts: 2,625
    ^ That train is compatible with Lego tracks and only needs a motor to be powered.
  • weaselkingweaselking Member Posts: 61
    Fantastic, thanks everybody!