Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

[US] LEGO Minecraft in stock at [email protected]

Comments

• RennyRenny USAMember Posts: 1,145
    ^Neither do I, but I can understand how fans of the game would want to collect anything and everything associated with the Minecraft brand.
  • ColoradoBricksColoradoBricks Denver, CO, USAMember Posts: 1,676
    Also available at Jinx now: jinx.com/p/lego_minecraft_micro_world.html
  • cloaked7cloaked7 Member Posts: 1,448
    ^ a) cool, thanks. Being doing eBay for 10 years and didn't know that. Course, I've never wanted to limit the qty a buyer can buy.

b) I think the set appeals more to Minecraft players than LEGO builders. The set doesn't appeal to me either. Well, except for the huge fact that it appeals to buyers, which causes it appeal to me. :-)
  • absolut3absolut3 Member Posts: 83
    I was able to pick up 3 for 20.99 each + 5.69 shipping from 3rd party thru amazon. They seem pretty reputable with 4.8 star with close to 6000 review so hopefully they come through
  • LegoFanTexasLegoFanTexas TexasMember Posts: 8,409
    ^ Either that was a price error, which will cause them to cancel the order, or someone hijacked the selling account, or someone listed the wrong item there, because clearly that is not reasonable. :)
  • littletokilittletoki Member Posts: 519
    Okay. But how many of you actually PLAY Minecraft?!?
  • sidersddsidersdd USAMember Posts: 2,432

My kids like it. I'm not that impressed with it.
  • LegobrandonCPLegobrandonCP CanadaMember Posts: 1,918

I do!

I had never heard of it, before the Cuusoo set came out. Still haven't played it either. :)

BTW, are you supposed to be online right now? ;)
  • littletokilittletoki Member Posts: 519
    It's fun for a few minutes unless you get way into the mods. I spent most of my time seeing how much stuff I could blow up or set on fire.

I'm not online. I'm ummm...
    LegobrandonCP
  • momof2boys99momof2boys99 Member Posts: 322

My boys do. They play online with their friends. They love it.

• gmpirategmpirate Member Posts: 1,654
    We play video games in my family but I would not get a game like Minecraft. Its a timesuck game.
    ^Yep....I usually have to pull them off. :)
    66 in stock at amazon.
  • Penkid11Penkid11 Member Posts: 789
    ... Where'd they go? :-(
    sold out unfortunately.. it seems you have to live on the computer to be able to pick one up.
    SquareSide
    ... It's true. At least I hope to be getting at least one in the mail soon.
  • khmellymelkhmellymel United KingdomMember Posts: 1,304
    The one Minecraft set I bought was a gift for a Minecraft fan... although to be fair, he is an AFOL too, just not as much as me :D However, all my geek friends seem to like it. I've not yet tried it, and do not want to until my dissertation is done and over with :)
  • The_MackThe_Mack Member Posts: 239
    I recommend that you at least give it a try, if you have never played it. It looks so basic and you'll ask yourself why would anyone be interested in this? Try it and you'll understand why it is so popular. If you like LEGO, I really think you would like Minecraft. https://minecraft.net/
    Minecraft and LEGO are alike in may ways. The Minecraft world is made of 'bricks'. And, you build whatever you want, with those bricks. The two environments are not 100% alike, but similar enough for me to see a connection. That may be a lot of the draw. So, not sure if a Portal 2 Cuusoo would have the same draw. Maybe, maybe not.
    Sounds like fun but I don't want to get hooked on something like that -- or my kids. Years ago I got hooked on a MMORPG. Lots of fun but I know not to even try something like that now.
    ^ Yup, there are some games (MMORPG's in particular) that I simply don't buy. I don't want to get 'hooked'. I prefer a game that takes 20-40 hours to play and then I'm done with it. I get my money's worth and some stress relief, but didn't take a huge amount of time (time for more important things). Also, there are long periods of time I don't game at all. Just when a game appeals to me.
  • dragonhawkdragonhawk USMember Posts: 633
    ^ Civilization V is the only game I purposely avoid. Everytime I play it, I keep thinking one more turn. The next time I look at the clock it is 5AM in the morning and I have been sitting in front of PC for 6+ hours!!!
    Back in stock. 92 left.
    Penkid11 said:

Back in stock. 92 left.

They must be checking them in, up to 154, still won't let me buy a second one. ;)
    Hmmm, that was quick.
  • doriansdaddoriansdad CTCMember Posts: 1,337
    Thanks for the heads up. Reminds of the good old days when the Wii was scarce. Good times.

Thanks for the heads up. Reminds of the good old days when the Wii was scarce. Good times.

Lord, that was impossible... You couldn't find a Wii to save your life! And it wasn't just for a few months, it was a year later you still couldn't find one.
  • sidersddsidersdd USAMember Posts: 2,432
    ^ Yeah, I'm wondering if that's going to be the case with this Wii U this year. I was hoping to get one but before I knew it all the pre-orders were sold out everywhere. I'm assuming Nintendo is shorting on the pre-orders to generate buzz, and that more will pop up around BF. How many remains to be seen.
    ^ I would agree that a slight "shortage" on pre-orders does make a product look "in demand", but you also want to make sure you really do have enough product that you don't repeat the Wii experience, which was that it was so hard to find, a lot of people went out and bought XBox 360s rather than wait.
    edited October 2012
    Back to Minecraft. The Cuusoo Minecraft set is small in several ways. Small box, small price, small LEGO pieces. What does everything thing the chance is of LEGO making a larger set, out of more regular size LEGOS? (I apologize if this has already been discussed.)

Also, does anyone know if the plan is to make a lot of the Minecraft set? Has LEGO stated? I have seen some mention of the first run, then this larger run. Will that be it? Course, I guess nothing is set in stone with LEGO. Would they maybe have another 3rd run and create so many that everyone that wanted one would be able to get one? And, even 2, 3, 4... and combine them?
  • CupIsHalfEmptyCupIsHalfEmpty CanadaMember Posts: 547
    Brick Journal (the Magazine) had a really neat write up about Minecraft and the Cuusoo model a couple months ago. Here's a link to the free preview where you can read most of the article. It explains why they chose the scale they did, and gives examples of other scales. http://www.twomorrows.com/media/BrickJournal19Preview.pdf
    ^ Thanks @CupIsHalfEmpty After seeing that article the scale makes sense. Considering that Minecraft has mines and is very 3D (even underground) it does make sense for it to be a micro set. They obviously batted around a lot of ideas and the final product is definitely a home run.
  • andystarandystar Member Posts: 275
    ^ its back in stock at Amazon, get yours while you can
  • SkadarSkadar Member Posts: 11
    What is the appeal of this set? I am obviously a LEGO fan, and I am a huge Minecraft fan. But I still don't understand why people like this set. However, I still want to buy it for some strange reason.
  • sas0214sas0214 USAMember Posts: 28
    @andystar - Thank you for the information. I just ordered mine
    still can't order :(
  • brickupdatebrickupdate Member Posts: 1,020
    Thanks - I just ordered a second one.
    Cancelled my amazon order. Looks like a big wave of these is about to hit the market. Too late to the party :(
    edited October 2012
    ^ Not sure about a big wave. And, even if it is, not sure that it will be larger than demand. Especially during Christmas. Just think, purchase quantities are limited to 1 per person, for the most part, and 500 are still selling at a snap of a finger. I think demand will be much greater than the supply, big wave or not. Plus, it is the kind of set that a person could have 3-4 of and just make a larger set by combining them.
  • BuriedinBricksBuriedinBricks USAMember Posts: 1,367
    I was initially worried about the market becoming saturated again, which was why I held myself to one. There is no way these will stay in stock through December. Just get it and hold on to it for a month and a half.
    ^ The risk reward ratio is just not there for me at this stage but good luck to the rest of you guys!
    ^ I agree, as I don't like doing this small window of opportunity stuff. Unfortunately, I do get sucked into it sometimes :P
  • Farmer_JohnFarmer_John USA - 4,035 Miles from 62 West Wallaby St., Wigan, Lancashire, UKMember Posts: 2,404
    edited October 2012
    Okay...the good news is that my Minecraft (and business card holder) arrived from TLG today. The bad news is that Fedex was incompetent with their handling. They rang the door bell and ran after dropping them off. So much for my (square) Minecraft set...

Notice the truck tire track on the back of the box...

The box was basically opened like it shows when it arrived. No tape...at least that was sticking to the box.
    ^Oh so sad.
  • LegobrandonCPLegobrandonCP CanadaMember Posts: 1,918
    ^^ Ouch. Are you gonna return them?
  • tk79tk79 Member Posts: 329
    ^^^That tire track is straight out of a cartoon...wonder if Wile E Coyote was driving that truck.
    SquareSide
  • AnthonyC173AnthonyC173 Member Posts: 101

Okay...the good news is that my Minecraft (and business card holder) arrived from TLG today. The bad news is that Fedex was incompetent with their handling. They rang the door bell and ran after dropping them off. So much for my (square) Minecraft set...

Notice the truck tire track on the back of the box...

The box was basically opened like it shows when it arrived. No tape...at least that was sticking to the box.

HOLY MOTHER!!!! luckily if you show this to the lego customer service im 100% sure they will make it right.
  • Farmer_JohnFarmer_John USA - 4,035 Miles from 62 West Wallaby St., Wigan, Lancashire, UKMember Posts: 2,404
    Okay...clarity!

TLG sent the package via Fedex Smartpost, which means that USPS actually delivered it to the door. That explains a lot of things...USPS is very, very proud of their tire tracks in our neighborhood. Wile E. Coyote doesn't hold a candle to them. I'm actually surprised it arrived in this good of condition. Our tax dollars at work...
    edited October 2012
    I contacted TLG and they came through (like they always do). Just wish more people would quit using USPS. Perhaps they would go out of business and open shipping up to some real competition. Whenever I ship USPS Priority from TN to TX, it always takes a minimum of a week to arrive at the other end. They don't deserve to be in business...