How many times per day do you check the Brickset forum?

brickupdatebrickupdate Member Posts: 1,020
edited October 2012 in Forum Operation
I don't even know if I can count as high as the number of times I stop in here. Curious about your habits!

Comments

• DiggydoesDiggydoes Cologne/GermanyMember Posts: 1,076
    Waaaaaaay to often :)
  • dragonhawkdragonhawk USMember Posts: 633
    An alarming number of times
  • Lego_Lord_MayorcaLego_Lord_Mayorca H-Town, USAMember Posts: 523
    I'd say probably around 5 to 10 times a day when I'm at home (like now) and upwards of 30 times a day when I am at work.
  • littletokilittletoki Member Posts: 517
    I noticed a while back that the number of times I check the forums is directly tied to the amount of money I spend on Lego.

I used to refresh constantly. And my corresponding monthly Lego costs were a little ...high.

Now, just a few times a day. Know your triggers! That's the first step to handling your addiction. :)
  • ChanMcLChanMcL Member Posts: 1,224
    According to Brickset, I have joined on the May the 20th this year and I have about 1500 visits. So to now, on average I have visited about 10 times a day.

But I check on Brickset whenever I have free time, even I do it on my phone!
  • brickupdatebrickupdate Member Posts: 1,020
    Love this @littletoki : "Know your triggers! That's the first step to handling your addiction."

@ChanMcL - ooh, I just saw that Brickset provides that info. It says I have 1,632 visits, which seems kind of low! :)
  • MarkeyMarkey Member Posts: 69
    The forum only few times a day, the main site very often, except when it's busy at work.
  • ACWWGal2011ACWWGal2011 Member Posts: 534
    usually it's not that often but now with grab bags being cancelled, i'm on almost constantly hoping someone discovers whether or not lego will ever reinstate the program.
  • hoyatableshoyatables Northern Virginia, USAMember Posts: 863
    This forum is my "top" default website that I look at when I have a free moment and I probably check in every hour or so (work permitting). It definitely adds up. I probably only check the main page once every 24-48 hours -- the news tends to hit the forums first :).
    Andor
  • momof2boys99momof2boys99 Member Posts: 322
    I don't want to say...but I know I am in good company.
    LegoMom1
  • BuriedinBricksBuriedinBricks USAMember Posts: 1,366
    Way too many times. It's my default place to visit when I have a lull in work and want a brief distraction.
    Andor
  • MorkManMorkMan Phoenix, Arizona, USAMember Posts: 857
    According to my wife. Too often.
    It is only 1:30PM here and I've been here at least 12 times today. But I was working on the Monthly Builder's Challenge, so my average is skewed. It's more like 6 times/day.
  • Penkid11Penkid11 Member Posts: 781
    4th time today... Usually I have a minimum of 10 times a day. Minimum...
  • BrickDancerBrickDancer Dunes of TatooineMember Posts: 3,639
    Usually visit only once a day, but then I never really leave until bed time :)
    @ACWWGal2011 Ack! I didn't realize grab bags were being discontinued. Another nice little unique bonus of the LEGO Store, down the tubes.

• SquareSideSquareSide Member Posts: 170
    99 times it says since May28th when I joined. :) So prolly once a day at least.
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 5,826
    Today Brickset started coming up blocked at work. I guess someone in IT decided I should be more productive... in short, I am on here far too often
  • LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,702

Today Brickset started coming up blocked at work. I guess someone in IT decided I should be more productive... in short, I am on here far too often

@Huw, just so @Bumblepants can temprarily have fun with his IT guy, isn't there an alternative domain he could be using? ;op

• sidersddsidersdd USAMember Posts: 2,432
    Visits = 2,872
  • BrickarmorBrickarmor USAMember Posts: 1,257
    Morning, noon, and night.

So that's, what, 3 times a day...?
  • kezkez United KingdomMember Posts: 821
    525 visits so far, I joined on June 17 2012, I also have been on it on my phone probably over 100 times not logged on my profile
  • rocaorocao Administrator Posts: 4,288
    I'm not sure what the trigger is to increment the "visits" number. I logged out and logged back in and it didn't increment. I loaded a different browser and it didn't increment. I cleared my cookies and it didn't increment.

Suffice it to say that I've actually visited this site far more than what "visits" indicates.
    ^ Exactly right. I fear the 3,000 plus since March 2011 wouldn't touch the sides.
  • brickmaticbrickmatic Member Posts: 1,071
    I have 225 since March 2011. Clearly wrong.
  • aimlesspursuitsaimlesspursuits USMember Posts: 207
    Probably anywhere from 10 to 20 times a day so I guess I'm somewhat average to high. :)
  • HuwHuw Brickset Towers, Hampshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,441
    I'm glad to hear that the forum has become such an indispensible part of everyone's daily life :-) Who'd have thought when we launched it just last April...
    Andor
  • drdavewatforddrdavewatford Hertfordshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,258
    edited October 2012
    Huw said:

I'm glad to hear that the forum has become such an indispensible part of everyone's daily life :-) Who'd have thought when we launched it just last April...

I told you it'd never catch on.

:-))

• LegobrandonCPLegobrandonCP CanadaMember Posts: 1,909
    edited October 2012
    Way too often. It's like a daily routine. Wake up, brush teeth, go on Brickset Forum, go on TnB, and Facebook. Get home, go on Brickset.
    Andor
  • dougtsdougts Oregon, USAMember Posts: 4,128
    4/times per day on average over the last 18 months. Of course that doesn't account for the fact of leaving it open for hours at a time.
  • emmtwosixemmtwosix Member Posts: 78

I'd say probably around 5 to 10 times a day when I'm at home (like now) and upwards of 30 times a day when I am at work.

Ha! I love that it happens way more at work - I'm that way too...

It's part of my morning ritual, open email, check fbtb, brickset, and the forum, then do some work (if there's time). ;-)

@LegobrandonCP Are you saying you brush your teeth BEFORE going on Brickset? I wish I had as much self-control!
    ^ Lol. My phone is the first thing I reach for in the morning when waking up.
  • Russell844Russell844 California, USAMember Posts: 1,834
    At least twice an hour on average. :)
  • sipmart242sipmart242 Member Posts: 41
    Wow I thought I was the only one who checked it that many times(10-?) I stay logged in most the time easy access on phone;)
    I tend to check first thing in the morning, and then, like @Russell844, maybe twice an hour, depending on workload and family stuff.
  • Bosstone100Bosstone100 USAMember Posts: 1,394
    20? 30? i just keep it open all day.
  • AFFOL_Shellz_BellzAFFOL_Shellz_Bellz Member Posts: 1,263
    Sometimes it's several times per day, other times it may be three days interval between checking.
  • LegoFanTexasLegoFanTexas TexasMember Posts: 8,409
    I don't have a problem, I can quit any time, I swear...
  • rocaorocao Administrator Posts: 4,288
    Huw said:

Who'd have thought when we launched it just last April...

;)

• MatthewMatthew Cheshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 3,734
    rocao said:

Huw said:

Who'd have thought when we launched it just last April...

;)
    Don't be forgetting that guy called "LegoCoastGuard" who went on at you pretty much weekly for not adding one...
  • bricksanbricksan Member Posts: 566
    It's one most of the day because I work on the computer. All though not a post whore, I read it throughout the day just incase there is some news I've missed.
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 17,796
    Once per day. It's just that my sessions last approx 16 hours.
  • princedravenprincedraven Essex, UKMember Posts: 3,768
    My stats show, since April 2011 - 11,168 visits, anyone rival that??
  • CoolsplashCoolsplash Member Posts: 935
    Once per day, session lasts for 2 hours :P
  • Si_UKNZSi_UKNZ NZMember Posts: 4,179
    1,371,955 visits, and that was just yesterday.
  • MatthewMatthew Cheshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 3,734
    My profile shows only 2,144, I'm sure it's many more than that. I tend to open it in the morning and not close it till late afternoon, then the same from about 7 to midnight!
  • atxleeatxlee Member Posts: 145
    Definitely too often to be healthy for my wallet. littletoki might have given me a solution :-) It appears that the amount I spend on Lego trend with the number of visits to the forum.
  • andheandhe UKMember Posts: 2,752
    This is my fifth today.
  • LegobrandonCPLegobrandonCP CanadaMember Posts: 1,909
    edited October 2012
    Oh wait, the "visits" thing is for how many times you visit the forum? I always thought it was for the number of visitors to your profile.

Mine is 1,846. Not very accurate.
  • sadowsk1sadowsk1 Member Posts: 124
    Used to be more, less now, some threads just spiral off topic so far...