Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

[US] Expired: Walmart.com: Super Star Destroyer, Ultimate R2-D2, Death Star reduced!

Comments

• mathewmathew Member Posts: 2,098
    I guess. An almost $200 item, selling out in twenty minutes on a late Monday evening in Oct. is pretty crazy.
  • doriansdaddoriansdad CTCMember Posts: 1,337
    Scooped some Lego Hogwarts 4867 (the smaller add on castle set) for $30.49. 40% off RRP plus an extra 5% off thru Shop Discover. Seems like a good deal to me. Sold out at S&H.
  • gmpirategmpirate Member Posts: 1,654
    lol, have 50 + of those from the Walmart sales earlier this year. They had tons of them.
    This was the first time this set has been on my radar.....all of HP is slowly disappearing. Hopefully Walmart won't cancel the order....I don't trust their cart software constantly switching from in and out of stock.
  • LegoFanTexasLegoFanTexas TexasMember Posts: 8,409
    4867 will do ok, but I think the big castle is a better bet generally.

Doesn't mean I didn't pickup a few dozen from the Walmart clearnace a few months ago, but I don't expect mega bucks. If I can flip them next Christmas for double what I paid, that will be fine.
    I am going to pair them with the Castle and ship them overseas. I can already sell them for double....hoping next year will be triple!
  • SquareSideSquareSide Member Posts: 170
    Why don't you just buy silver then guys? I kid...
  • cbaker1974cbaker1974 Member Posts: 150
    #4867 has a good number of minifigs and should be a pretty solid performer, especially if you can get it at $30ish. I ordered a few in the last TRU B2G1 sale when they were at RRP.

I think HP overall will do very well in the aftermarket. The books and movies already had adult fans, and the series lasted long enough that several people who started as "kid" fans became adults by the end with spending power/nostalgia/etc. Even though the movies are gone, JK Rowling keeps doing the Pottermore stuff and the theme park down in Orlando is getting another Potter expansion this year so its not going out of the public eye so easily. Those movies are constantly on cable channels now and will be for the next 10 years for new generations of kids.

From a collectible point of view, Lego will likely never do another line since there are no more movie tie ins to pump the mass market...that coupled with the increased quality in the 2010-2011 sets over previous generations should make them pretty desirable.
  • JosephJoseph Member Posts: 651
    Looks like the $90/$81 GE is back up to $100; it's a shame that it was never in stock for the former price.
  • atxleeatxlee Member Posts: 155
    DadsAFOL said:

Town Hall back in stock for $132.57 (33% off)

Oh man...I missed this again but on the flip side. I probably have time (i.e. another discount/sale) to get this my modular street before it EOL

• ColoradoBricksColoradoBricks Denver, CO, USAMember Posts: 1,653
    edited October 2012
    FB is in stock but for 118...

Edit: There is 2 FB listed, this one is 118: http://www.walmart.com/ip/LEGO-Fire-Station/17353270
  • Bosstone100Bosstone100 USAMember Posts: 1,418
    You guys are killing me. I can't catch a break. TH isn't even on my radar yet unless I can get it for a good price.
  • cloaked7cloaked7 Member Posts: 1,448
    ^ @Bosstone100 Hey, I feel your pain! It's like a big party is going on and I can scrape together enough money for a ticket! :-) Also, I need to make sure I have some $$ for BF. The perfect time to snag some good deals.
  • 111ins111ins Member Posts: 265
    FB in stock at the moment at WM... would buy some but do not have a US address:(
  • richlrichl NYCMember Posts: 246
    Dammit, these things are jumping in and out of stock at a ridiculous rate. I've seen DS and FB back in stock this morning, but missed out on Diagon Alley 9 minutes after ColoradoBricks posted.
  • absolut3absolut3 Member Posts: 82
    edited October 2012
    http://www.walmart.com/ip/LEGO-Grand-Emporium/17353273
    in stock again.. and I still see Diagon alley in stock.. hmmm
  • Penkid11Penkid11 Member Posts: 786
    ^ You'll only know if your try to add it to your cart.
  • shikadishikadi TRU AlumniMember Posts: 109
    I can't get GE to add...
  • richlrichl NYCMember Posts: 246
    OK, used a different browser and Diagon Alley showed up as in stock and let me purchase. Fingers crossed it doesn't get canceled.
  • AnthonyC173AnthonyC173 Member Posts: 101
    if anyone likes the winter village the post office is $49 at walmart
    ^good price but should be around another year.
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,662
    Wow.. Kinda glad though that I am missing these deals because I already have gotten a lot via Amazon.com.. Now if TH shows at 148 again......
    Missed the DS at 318 and I doubt it will get much lower than that again (MAYBE the 289, but I think someone was on acid when they put that price into the system)
    LOL Walmart is changing their prices and stock levels so fast I cannot keep up.
  • BrickarmorBrickarmor USAMember Posts: 1,257
    Does Walmart.com accept paypal?
  • sweenersweener Member Posts: 8
    Yes they accept paypal.
    ^ I didn't need to know that! ;-) Spend all of my eBay profits? Such a vicious cycle!!!
    cloaked7 said:

^ I didn't need to know that! ;-) Spend all of my eBay profits? Such a vicious cycle!!!

:) I haven't transfered money from PayPal to my bank in a month now, it keeps getting used to buy more Lego.

Thanks for reminding me to stop doing that!
  • BrickarmorBrickarmor USAMember Posts: 1,257
    edited October 2012
    Wife never checks paypal but takes a fine-toothed comb to the bank statement...
  • nkx1nkx1 Member Posts: 719
    edited October 2012
    ^Lol, never really thought of using paypal as a wife money-laundering scheme; good idea! My wife reviews everything in extreme detail as well, though we both generally buy what we want (within reason) without the other whining too much. Brickarmor, we should probably count ourselves very lucky, when compared to those who have spendthrift wives (I have friends and friends of friends whose significant others are fiscally irresponsible).
    edited October 2012
    Joust Play Set now at $92.33...

Edit: OOS in less than 5 minutes ...
    ^^^ about spending PayPal money. :-) It is a good way to keep your books, in a sense. You know, keep your money separate. When I first started on eBay (10 years ago) my 'business' funded itself. I bought a case of product, sold it, used all of that money to then buy 2 cases. Then, rinse and repeat over 2-3 years. I ended up with about $5K in my PayPal account and started with $150 seed money. Course, what I did was as much a hobby, and an experiment, as a business. As with most things in life, don't get into it if you don't enjoy it. Listing auctions, boxing product, etc is not fun.
    ^ I'm a little sick in the head as I enjoy the listing, boxing, and organizing as well :P If I didn't, I definitely would not be doing this.
  • DadsAFOLDadsAFOL USAMember Posts: 617
    If we're keeping score here, I received one DS in the original Lego shipping box and one unboxed. The unboxed one has minimal stickers and is completely undamaged. If I decide to resell it I'll make sure it goes to someone that plans to open and build it so the box condition is irrelevant to the value. I also received all my GE's, in their original boxes from Lego. So far, I'm quite happy with the results. We'll see what the rest looks like when it gets here.
  • spicemindspicemind Member Posts: 17
    I picked up my three Town Hall sets tonight and was expecting the worst after reading this thread. To my surprise, all three sets were in fantastic condition. The three sets were packaged in one box (no padding, air bags, etc.), with two of the sets coming in the original LEGO box. The other set was loose but in perfect condition.

For a data point, my sets originated in Georgia, traveled to Utah, then were shipped to California, where I picked them up at the store.
    Whatever.. it is all a moot point because I do not believe anyone on this thread speaks for Walmart customer service.. If some of the people complaining about Walmart's shipping would have devoted about 1/10th of that energy to complaining to Walmart directly I'm guessing they would have some resolution.. well better than any resolution they are going to get complaining about it in a message board not related to Walmart in the slightest.
    SquareSide
  • rocaorocao Administrator Posts: 4,288
    edited October 2012
    DadsAFOL said:

If we're keeping score here, I received one DS in the original Lego shipping box and one unboxed. The unboxed one has minimal stickers and is completely undamaged.

If they were in the same order and pulled by the same person, that's so illogical that it's comical.
    DadsAFOL said:

I also received all my GE's, in their original boxes from Lego. So far, I'm quite happy with the results.

That's encouraging. I haven't received any of mine yet, but from the order status I can see that they were dispatched in pairs, so I'm hoping that means they were sent together in the LEGO shipping carton.
    Well, while all this bickering has been going on, Grand Emporium was available for $103. Soon it went out-of-stock, then to $99. Then I just checked again and its still out-of-stock but listed at $81. Go figure . . .
    Back on topic, has anyone noticed Walmart has some crazy good prices on Lego the past week or two? :)
    sweenerherekittykittyrichl
    Don't suppose the had Death Star or modulars on sale did they?
    richl
  • jadeirenejadeirene US, CaliforniaMember Posts: 475
    Wow, a whole crapload of new posts made me excited in thinking that there were more sale items/stuff in stock.

I was very disappointed to see all the posts that really should be in the Walmart shipping thread.
  • rocaorocao Administrator Posts: 4,288
    edited October 2012
    I merged the shipping portion of this discussion to the existing wal-mart shipping thread.
    LegoFanTexasjadeirenedragonhawky2josh
    rocao said:

I merged the shipping portion of this discussion to the existing wal-mart shipping thread.

Thank you...
  • sadowsk1sadowsk1 Member Posts: 124
    I wish I had the five minutes back it took to breeze this thread. So useless. Sorry about your box dude, maybe Walmart will restock it inside of 90 days and you can exchange it. Someone will end up with it and be happy.
    edited October 2012
    Well if someone wants to roll the dice it appears the DS is back in stock for 318

EDIT: NEvermind, you try to add to the cart and it apparently will not allow for it
  • Decroded77Decroded77 Member Posts: 40
    Those that receive damaged boxes that are unacceptable to them from a resellers standpoint should really consider passing those savings on to people like myself who just want the sets to build. I am sure there are other people on here that wouldn't even blink at getting that deal with a trashed box. That said, I really wanted the fire brigade, grand emporium, and town hall at those prices. So, if anyone receives a trashed box and wants to resell those to me please drop me a line.
    SquareSide
    For those looking for price matching (they will match price even if the item is OOS on the new price): 1800 966 6546 option 5.
    You have to call at the time the price is showing, if it goes back up afterward, you are out of luck.
  • dragonhawkdragonhawk USMember Posts: 633
    I emailed them and got the price adjustments within 24 hours.

I emailed them and got the price adjustments within 24 hours.

I did as well, they adjusted my $330 Death Stars down to the $290 price. Nice of them since it currently has the higher price on the web site.
  • dragonhawkdragonhawk USMember Posts: 633
    In my email I listed the date and time of when I saw the lower price along with the url. I figured the more detail the better my case was.
    I also took some screen shots just in case.

Good for you LFT. I should have snagged a DS for $330 and price adjusted