Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

[US] Expired: Walmart.com: Super Star Destroyer, Ultimate R2-D2, Death Star reduced!

Comments

• dragonhawkdragonhawk USMember Posts: 633
    GE for $108 & 2x DA for $111 I am tapped out
  • y2joshy2josh Member Posts: 2,002
    GE is a back again for anyone looking for that one.
  • rocaorocao Administrator Posts: 4,288
    y2josh said:

@rocao - The GE I ordered last night at $108.10 is already showing as shipped, but that was all I picked up.

Were you having it shipped to your address or site-to-store? I suspect you had it sent to your address.

• LegoFanTexasLegoFanTexas TexasMember Posts: 8,409
    Wow is all I have to say... after waking up and rereading this, what deals! From walmart, in October, on these sets of all things.

What the heck?!?

Amazing...
    The interesting thing is I fully expect Walmart to restock these in the future at full price. Maybe Bricktober really is an event? :P
  • doriansdaddoriansdad CTCMember Posts: 1,337
    GE will let me add to the cart but says OOS on the checkout page :(

I have a feeling we will be talking about this sale for a long time to come. I just hope they really go to town on the price of MMV and I want Amazon to follow suit. Oh I also want 10188 to come back instock!
    rocao said:

y2josh said:

@rocao - The GE I ordered last night at $108.10 is already showing as shipped, but that was all I picked up.

Were you having it shipped to your address or site-to-store? I suspect you had it sent to your address.
    I had it shipped to my home.

I have a feeling we will be talking about this sale for a long time to come.

Yes, many people have said that their limit for Death Star was $300. Now we can say forever more that Walmart was selling it for $289 and they missed it! :)

That's ok, I missed UCS Falcon for $250 from KB Toys, so we all have one of those "that got away" stories...
    ^Honestly, though... and I realize they're obviously just happy to shift their stock... setting the limit at TWELVE per person on these sets wasn't going to leave many people an opportunity to pick these up.
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,548
    edited October 2012
    Wow, insane prices.. Im not really broken up only because I bought a ton at Amazon already and while it would have been nice to get THs for 120 I simply do not have the room or really the money to be buying all of this stuff..
    I guess I can rest knowing that at least half of what is ordered from Walmart gets destroyed in transit anyway.

Still heckuva deal!
    I'm guessing these will all process.. then again if the site could not keep up with the demand who knows....
    The DS for under 300 is just crazy... I also noticed that Walmart seems to wait to do this after most of Amazon's stock was sold out...
    I wonder if Walmart is trying to get rid of the larger sets in their inventory to make room for other 'hot' toys for the holiday season.. After all these must take up an enormous amount of space.
    Plus TRU has to be going ballistic, because who wants a select number of sets that are BOGO40 instead of these amazing prices on Walmart.com right now?

• AnthonyC173AnthonyC173 Member Posts: 101
    i just places my order for townhall for 150 on amazon thinking "YES SO MUCH YESNESS" dam you walmart DAM YOU!!!!!!!!
    also since im fairly new to the lego world has this ever happen b4?? having these big set go down in price so much???? cuz i'm trying to save money, so if this happens once in awhile i can surely wait for a few months
  • beabea Member Posts: 227
    I wish they would budge on the price of the vw. They knocked it down to $90 but I didn't catch it in stock at that price, then it was $99, $101 and now $105.

Strange that they're marking that one up and it is not selling, meanwhile the THs flew out at $160 but they marked them down to $120 anyway.

i just places my order for townhall for 150 on amazon thinking "YES SO MUCH YESNESS" dam you walmart DAM YOU!!!!!!!!
    also since im fairly new to the lego world has this ever happen b4?? having these big set go down in price so much???? cuz i'm trying to save money, so if this happens once in awhile i can surely wait for a few months

This seems to be new, I can't recall any time in the past year or two that this much good stuff has been marked down this much, all at once.

It is very weird...
  • itsnotmeitsnotme Member Posts: 111

^ Call 800-925-6278. Press 2, 1 & 1 at the first three prompts. This will get you a human. Tell them you had a question about an online order and they will forward you to the right person.

Thanks for posting. They still did a price adjustment on TH for me even though they are currently out of stock.
  • cbaker1974cbaker1974 Member Posts: 150

^ Call 800-925-6278. Press 2, 1 & 1 at the first three prompts. This will get you a human. Tell them you had a question about an online order and they will forward you to the right person.

Kudos...I had submitted my request online for the price adjustments to my Diagon Alleys but no movement...called in and took about 5 mins and they issued the adjustment/refund, easy!
  • cbaker1974cbaker1974 Member Posts: 150

This seems to be new, I can't recall any time in the past year or two that this much good stuff has been marked down this much, all at once.

It is very weird...

Yes., other than the [email protected] Black Friday deal on the 25% off select sets + all the stackables (VIP, PaB box, Holiday bonus set) and the no-longer-honored TRU B2G1F sales this is the best deal on exclusives that I've seen in the past years...a legendary couple of weeks.....
  • gdelahoussegdelahousse Member Posts: 153
    Thanks @doriansdad.
    It is the first time I contacted Walmart CS, they were very nice, adjusted my price even though it was the 8th day (policy states 7 days).
    Pet Shop Adjusted from 111.59 to 107.6 and Passenger Train from 96.71 to 87.04.
    It is something I wish Amazon had .. waste of time and money to order an item a 2nd time just to return the more expensive 1st one...
  • jdylakjdylak Member Posts: 281
    I got my FB that I ordered 10/3 today. This was when it came back in stock the second go round. People were thinking these second waves would be returns of the horribly shipped boxes but mine came in a shipping box and nice and mint inside, ton of packing paper. This one came from GA will my first 2 sets came from TX, one of which of those came with no outer box. Just all randomness I guess.

Add me to the list that would have grabbed a TH for $120. BUT if it wasn't for this sale, I prob never would have started collecting modulars. I think I will save the builds for a cold wintery weekend. Thanks Walmart!
  • absolut3absolut3 Member Posts: 82
    amazon matched robie house at 119.93 and fansworth 36.42
  • gmpirategmpirate Member Posts: 1,654
    well this is really boring tonight :P
  • SquareSideSquareSide Member Posts: 170
    Still waiting till November(i guess), if the deals aren't this good, oh well. I can take solace that shipping is 50/50 with Walmart. Plus, I have 7 sets sitting on my stove waiting to be built. >_< Will bite on MMV if it's any cheaper tho.
    ^ I take it you don't cook much ?
  • SquareSideSquareSide Member Posts: 170
    ^haha, I work at a Pizza place. Work at night, rarely use it.
    ^ lol, ditto
  • jdylakjdylak Member Posts: 281

Still waiting till November(i guess), if the deals aren't this good, oh well. I can take solace that shipping is 50/50 with Walmart. Plus, I have 7 sets sitting on my stove waiting to be built. >_< Will bite on MMV if it's any cheaper tho.

Thought at first it said IN your stove. That much Lego you are cramming it IN the stove. But then my brain turned on and thought "oh, that would be an OVEN". Time to do some building I think.
  • Bosstone100Bosstone100 USAMember Posts: 1,416
    Walmart had the GE for $90? Strange things are afoot at the Circle K.
  • ZemataZemata Member Posts: 4
    Oh my goodness GE is down to $81.43 on walmart but sold out. Can someone tell me how to get amazon to price match that? Also where can I find the Pet Shop and Town Hall on Walmart's site?
    @Zemata, on the product page on Amazon, last line of the "Product Details" section, click "tell us about a lower price?"
  • wagnerml2wagnerml2 Belleville, IllinoisMember Posts: 1,376
    @gdelahousse - that only seems to inform them of the lower price. Is there a way to get them to actually match?
    I think if enough person do report a lower price it may get matched. From reports filled last week I took between 1h and 8h to see match (if any)
    As far as I know, they only have a price match policy for items like TVs which are a high dollar, high margin product.

They solicit feedback for lower prices and it will be considered, but it is not an automatic policy. There are multiple factors that weigh in on the decision such as the competing retailer, the product, reduction of profit margin, etc.
  • DadsAFOLDadsAFOL USAMember Posts: 617
    Town Hall back in stock for $132.57 (33% off)

walmart.com/ip/LEGO-Creator-Town-Hall-Play-Set/20552243
    edited October 2012
    ^^ yes, price matching is not automatic, Amazon matched almost all the Walmart sales at one point or the other (MMV is currently matched, Joust was matched last night until it was OOS)
    Grand Emporium in stock at $105.83 (29% off)

walmart.com/ip/LEGO-Grand-Emporium/17353273
    edited October 2012
    Kingdoms Joust back in stock for $96.17 (20% off)

walmart.com/ip/LEGO-Kingdoms-Joust-Play-Set/20552219
    @DadsAFOL: just a curiosity, and you can abstain from answering, but have you purchased sets from the sale to part out for your store?
    rocao said:

@DadsAFOL: just a curiosity, and you can abstain from answering, but have you purchased sets from the sale to part out for your store?

Yes, I'm more of a parter than a reseller like LFT, although I did well last year on a couple Imperial Flagships. So what I've bought over the last week I will hold onto some sealed copies (assuming they aren't trashed by WM shipping) to see what happens. If any of them EOL before Christmas, I may flip some instead of parting out. If they don't EOL, they all have plenty of part out value.

6x Pet Shop
    6x Medieval Market Village
    4x Tower Bridge
    10x Grand Emporium
    2x Death Star

• madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,548
    edited October 2012
    That was quick, Town Hall is showing the price but out of stock. What is more amusing was Town Hall price dropped to 160 at amazon, but it was not in stock at Amazon.
    edited October 2012
    ^^ Thanks for answering, I always appreciate insight from larger Bricklink sellers and I find that you are particularly transparent in that regard. I often use part out value to determine whether or not a set is "worth" it to me to buy at a given price, despite having never listed a single element on Bricklink for sale :P
    rocao said:

^^ I often use part out value to determine whether or not a set is "worth" it to me to buy at a given price, despite having never listed a single element on Bricklink for sale :P

I think that's the one thing that makes Lego reselling marginally safer than reselling other collectible toys, and I think sometimes people forget it. Even if a large set does NOT appreciate in price after EOL, the parts are always worth more than the set itself. A perfect example is #10193 Medieval Market Village. The current part out value is $199 and its been around that level since it came out. I've probably purchased close to 20 copies over its life. So when that set finally goes EOL, even if the aftermarket price never hits $200, I still have the safety of the part value. I may never make a huge profit, but I can be pretty sure I will never lose money by buying those.

LegoFanTexas
  • momof2boys99momof2boys99 Member Posts: 322
    ^ That is a good point. I personally do not part out sets in my selling, but my son parts out everything to build.
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 6,165
    Death Star back in stock for $318. Not quite as good as it was but I finally got one! Now hopefully it will arrive in decent shape...
    Holding on for another sub $300 DS
    ^ me too. Not convinced its going EOL. Ties up too much money otherwise . . .
  • mathewmathew Member Posts: 2,097
    Hmm, I wonder if Tower Bridge will come back at $178? It's a set I'm starting to desire more and more but not at RRP.
  • doriansdaddoriansdad CTCMember Posts: 1,337
    I feel 10188 has a few more years to go yet. If I did not own a copy I would love to buy at this price. For reselling not so much.
  • Bosstone100Bosstone100 USAMember Posts: 1,416
    I was on a Walmart GE page that said they last sold at $81. Obviously the wrong one. Would like a couple extra for MOC part outs.
    TB is back at $178.
  • mathewmathew Member Posts: 2,097
    ^ Weird. It allows me to add it to the cart but then states that it is out of stock. Walmart's website really sucks.
  • tamamahmtamamahm Member Posts: 1,956
    It isn't weird, they just sell out that fast.
    It goes from available, then
    not available anymore, so you can add to your cart, but it is out of stock, then
    completely out of stock.

This happened earlier to me when I was considering Grand Emporium. I was able to add it to my cart, and while debating, it went to being able to add, but showing out of stock.

Tammy