Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

[US] Expired: Walmart.com: Super Star Destroyer, Ultimate R2-D2, Death Star reduced!

Comments

• cloaked7cloaked7 Member Posts: 1,448
    edited October 2012
    ^ I agree. And, not sure if we'll see any of those sets that low ever again. Simply incredible prices.

^^ The GE never dropped in price? Very curious. It was difficult for me to keep up with what was available at what price. I figured the GE was at $111 and I just missed it. What, if anything, might that mean? It could mean most anything, but I lean toward it meaning Amazon didn't have as many in stock as the other sets. And, if so, that is very interesting. More FB's than GE's? Someone posted that they believed the FB had an additional run because of the batch that had missing parts. Also, I wonder if resellers focused on the FB and bought a lot more of them than the GE which caused a false demand? And, in turn caused LEGO to over supply? Which, continuing the thought, will there be more FB's in supply than GE's after both sets go EOL? And, what if they EOL at the same time? :-) I, for one, would not be surprised if the GE went EOL shortly after the FB did. Wouldn't even surprise me if they EOL'd together.

Course, I tend to over think things at times. Only LEGO knows!
  • LegoFanTexasLegoFanTexas TexasMember Posts: 8,409
    GE was $111 at Walmart, but not at Amazon.

FB has now had multiple runs since 39R1, I have at least three new batch numbers since 39R1.

FB should have EOLed last year, if it followed the same pattern as CC and GG. Clearly Lego decided to extend this another year. If it goes a 4th year, ouch! :)

Since 10188 and 10193 have been out 4 years, nothing stops FB from being out 4 years either. But boy that would be a lot of modulars out at the same time.
  • gmpirategmpirate Member Posts: 1,654
    Zemata said:

How are you guys getting amazon to prce match? I'd really like to get a pair of GEs for $111 each. They're sold out of walmart and at $150 on amazon.

I just called them up and asked them to match some Lego sets for me. Then I uploaded my list and waited until they updated.

• brickupdatebrickupdate Member Posts: 1,020
    I suppose that for the modulars (and the winter sets), LEGO is realizing that cross sales across the line increase with the more product they have to offer. That offering just 2 "modulars" is not really very modular for a new fan.
  • cloaked7cloaked7 Member Posts: 1,448
    Tell me about it. I was gonna make some quick money off of Luke's Landspeeder and bought a ton of them. As you say, I now look over at the stack collection dust. :-) I think all of mine have 'Limited Edition' on the box. Oh right, 6212 was a Limited Edition set too. It was only out for like 5 years!
  • LegoFanTexasLegoFanTexas TexasMember Posts: 8,409
    edited October 2012

I suppose that for the modulars (and the winter sets), LEGO is realizing that cross sales across the line increase with the more product they have to offer. That offering just 2 "modulars" is not really very modular for a new fan.

While my reseller self doesn't want to hear that, my Lego fan self actually agrees with it. They probably do need 4 to 6 modulars out at once, to allow a new fan to have enough to buy to make it worthwhile.

Which means, there is perhaps a 50/50 chance FB lasts another year.

:( --- Reseller Me

:) --- Lego Fan Me
  • Farmer_JohnFarmer_John USA - 4,035 Miles from 62 West Wallaby St., Wigan, Lancashire, UKMember Posts: 2,404
    Received two sets today...TH and R2D2. The R2D2 arrived in good order, but the TH was beat up. We plan to build the TH anyway so not a big deal, but I am continually amazed that Amazon orders (especially large sets like TH) always seem to arrive like they just came from a soccer tournament.
  • gdelahoussegdelahousse Member Posts: 153
    Not sure if anybody is still interested in walmart, but they restocked on many items...
    MMV is $90, first time I see any discount on it...
  • Bosstone100Bosstone100 USAMember Posts: 1,430
    edited October 2012
    My wife bought me a MMV for Xmas last year. It was something like $71 on Amazon.com.
    Wish I saw that, never saw it on sale or part of any TRU promo as it can be interesting being one the sets at RRP there...
  • 111ins111ins Member Posts: 265
    I have read of the horror stories of the walmart shipping, are you better off to go with the site to store option? and if so, how long do you have to pick it up? If you ship to the store, do you still pay when you order or when you pick it up?
    Thanks, Brian
    @111ins, site2store is not better but you can return it on the spot and get your money back if it is in bad shape (or changed your mind)
    I got 3 shipments yesterday, 2 were in boxes and in decent shape, 3rd one was shipped without a box and I didn't take it. The walmart guy was nice and opened the boxes on the spot so I could check the sets.
    It takes about 2-3 days to get to the store and you have 2 weeks to pick it up.
  • RennyRenny USAMember Posts: 1,145
    Thanks for the info on MMV. I placed an order for 2. I think that about wraps up my shopping for the year as I have just about hit my space limit.
  • Faedian7Faedian7 Member Posts: 50
    edited October 2012
    Looks like FB is available (Walmart online). I really wish I could snag a GE for the same price!

^. I see it as out of stock and full RRP.
    @gmpirate, there is 2 FB listed, try this one:
    walmart.com/ip/LEGO-Fire-Station/17353270
    Odd that I can't seem to find the Pet Shop anymore on Walmart online.
    @gdelahousse. Thanks. Thought that might be the case but I'm on my phone and didn't do the extra work to search it out :P
  • brickupdatebrickupdate Member Posts: 1,020
    Ahhhh! Why is MMV, FB and PS back in stock at such great prices! Must.... resist.... I still haven't opened the box with 2 Fire Brigades that arrived earlier this weeks.
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,803
    edited October 2012
    cloaked7 said:

Tell me about it. I was gonna make some quick money off of Luke's Landspeeder and bought a ton of them. As you say, I now look over at the stack collection dust. :-) I think all of mine have 'Limited Edition' on the box. Oh right, 6212 was a Limited Edition set too. It was only out for like 5 years!

Well TECHNICALLY it was limited... it eventually ended its run.
    That is why I never put much stock into 'limited edition' on the Box unless a box says of

MMV is $90, first time I see any discount on it...

Hope Amazon matches
  • SquareSideSquareSide Member Posts: 170
    Quick, Should I bite on MMV or will they have a better deal on it this year or will it be gone for good? >_<
  • momof2boys99momof2boys99 Member Posts: 322
    It could get a better deal, but it is best to buy now as you might end up paying more if it goes.
    @SquareSide, I am waiting for Amazon to match (after receiving banged up boxes from Walmart). The more people report to Amazon the lower price, the better chance we have :)
    Ok ok, I missed out on Joust so I'm a little edgy... lol
    Joust was available earlier today .. as well as the TB
    On Walmart? D:
    @SquareSide, yes in the mid 90ies
    edited October 2012

@SquareSide, I am waiting for Amazon to match (after receiving banged up boxes from Walmart). The more people report to Amazon the lower price, the better chance we have :)

^ if you guys want Amazon to price match, I recommend that everyone go to the item on amazon's page and click the "tell us about a lower price" link on the page. Then link to walmart's page and enter in the pricing info.

I just did this for GE and PS. I doubt they would discount GE because it is out of stock currently, but one can hope? :)
    It was delisted like 2 days ago. Never came back up for me.
  • sidersddsidersdd USAMember Posts: 2,432
    Thanks @gdelahousse for the alternate FB link. Anyone find Diagon Alley listed?
  • DaddyDeuceDaddyDeuce Member Posts: 272
    Faedian7 said:

^ if you guys want Amazon to price match, I recommend that everyone go to the item on amazon's page and click the "tell us about a lower price" link on the page. Then link to walmart's page and enter in the pricing info.

I just did this for GE and PS. I doubt they would discount GE because it is out of stock currently, but one can hope? :)

I second this recommendation, and make sure you include GE too. It can't hurt.

Faedian7 said:

I second this recommendation, and make sure you include GE too. It can't hurt.
    Ya, I did it just for MMV but I will go and do those now for you guys as well.^^
    edited October 2012
    edited October 2012
    Fire Brigades and Pet Shops still beggin to be bought too ($111.59):
    http://www.walmart.com/ip/LEGO-Fire-Station/17353270
    http://www.walmart.com/ip/LEGO-Pet-Shop/17353275
    edited October 2012
  • LegobrandonCPLegobrandonCP CanadaMember Posts: 1,912
    Who would want to buy from WM after seeing how they ship these things? That is, unless you don't care about the box.
  • cbaker1974cbaker1974 Member Posts: 150

Who would want to buy from WM after seeing how they ship these things? That is, unless you don't care about the box.

I think it's just the luck of the draw here...I ordered about 15 sets and only 1 of them had significant damage, all were in proper shipping boxes.

^^ got 2 out of 3 right ... plus it is easy returns and refunds, so worth the gamble to me
  • dragonhawkdragonhawk USMember Posts: 633
    Diagon Alley is out of stock
    I don't see the appeal of Diagon Alley at that price. LEGO store with double VIP points comes to 135 so just $9 more than Walmart. And if you are lucky enough to have a 10% it comes out at 121.50
  • jdylakjdylak Member Posts: 281
    Damn you Walmart and your horrible shipping practices!!! Oh well, I had to grab a Fire Brigade since they returned.
    Diagon Alley is back again (or was it just my browser being out of whack ?)
  • MarkVMarkV Member Posts: 42
    is MMV really worth it at $90 given double points at Lego [email protected] and 10% BF coming? Maybe it will be sold out by then...

I don't see the appeal of Diagon Alley at that price. LEGO store with double VIP points comes to 135 so just $9 more than Walmart. And if you are lucky enough to have a 10% it comes out at 121.50

There are a bunch of ifs in your scenario. You need to buy more stuffs to actually cash in the VIP points. (I just realize how brilliant this VIP points program actually is. LEGO encourages people to buy more without dropping prices). If you go to actual LEGO store you still need to add taxes to that calculation, plus there is a big chance it is not in stock. Or for [email protected], you need to add shipping or wait until 10/15 to get free shipping.
    Walmart has the discount now. As for battered boxes, if you do site to store shipping you can return unwanted order right after you pick it up.

I don't think using the VIP points is an issue for anyone here :) I often go to the LEGO store, and they will order any sets that is available on [email protected] and not in their store with free shipping.
    In my case, Walmart adds a 7% taxes, while [email protected] only adds 2.9%. I can understand that under some factors 9proximity of a LEGO store, taxes, etc) that can be a saving than more of a few bucks.
  • doriansdaddoriansdad CTCMember Posts: 1,337
    Scooped 12 Diagon Alleys. Use your discover card for an additional 10% off (5% shopdiscover and 5% additional online cashback bonus up to $1500). Brings the total to $113.39 for each set. I chose ship to store in case a better deal pops up or the boxes are delivered trashed.

• beabea Member Posts: 227
    Town hall is also back in stock at $149. Broke down and grabbed one.
  • cbaker1974cbaker1974 Member Posts: 150
    Tower Bridge back in stock as well...