Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

[US] Expired: Walmart.com: Super Star Destroyer, Ultimate R2-D2, Death Star reduced!

Comments

• gdelahoussegdelahousse Member Posts: 153
    Browsing walmart site, found that interesting bundle ;-) LEGO City Harbor & LEGO SpongeBob SquarePants Glove World Bundle
  • turtle1173turtle1173 Member Posts: 230
    Has any of these items gone out of stock and then come back? Just wondering if they will update their inventory or if this will be it.
  • RennyRenny USAMember Posts: 1,145
    The Cargo Passenger Train was back in stock for a short while this morning at $133. I picked up 2, just couldn't resist at that price point. Unfortunately it was out of stock again about 30 minutes later. I'd say just keep checking in every once in awhile. I think a lot of people may be watching the site like a hawk so it may be difficult to get something that comes back in stock in time.
    @turtle1173 I saw TB and TH back about 1h ago... didn't even last 3 minutes...
    Shuttle Expedition is back right now...
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,612
    Awww.. missed the Mods
  • BuriedinBricksBuriedinBricks USAMember Posts: 1,367
    Joust is now out of stock.

Has anyone seen Diagon Alley come back in at all?
  • TitusTitus Member Posts: 79
    Okay, I'm in for a Death Star. I just can't pass up $337
  • LegobrandonCPLegobrandonCP CanadaMember Posts: 1,912
    So now that the modulars are out of stock, I don't feel as bad now.
    PetShop still there at $111...

OOS on my end.

edited September 2012
    Still available for me too. Maybe try refreshing or clearing your cache?
    http://www.walmart.com/ip/LEGO-Pet-Shop/17353275

OOS on my end.

• RennyRenny USAMember Posts: 1,145
    OOS for me as well.
  • ChoochChooch Member Posts: 148
    When you put the Pet Shop in your cart it is OOS...
  • neomonkeyneomonkey Member Posts: 82
    Is the website really slow for everyone else?
    PS OOS stock for me.. Thought about the DS but just cannot pull the trigger as I have one already.
    Im not worried about missing the Mods.. My guess is TRU will have a BOGO50 within the next week for LEGO
  • LegoFanTexasLegoFanTexas TexasMember Posts: 8,409
    PS is OOS for me as well...
    Chooch said:

When you put the Pet Shop in your cart it is OOS...

You're right, Chooch. I stand corrected.
    Titus said:

Lucky. I really wish I could justify spending that much on one set.
  • doriansdaddoriansdad CTCMember Posts: 1,337
    Death Star I will bite at $300 or less. Missed Diagon Alley. Hopefully Amazon price matches at some stage today.
    iccarus said:

Titus said:

Lucky. I really wish I could justify spending that much on one set.
    My (inner) child is spoiled :)

It's going to be *the* present from Santa this year for my actual child. I've been watching it for a while and I haven't ever seen it that low and was starting to believe it was now or never.

I've never in my life spent $300 for a toy. Never. Honestly, it sounds insane to me but everybody says that this is a great set with lots of playability. Also, I feel pretty certain that, in 5 years, 10 years, whenever, I could sell this set used and get all my money back. If you think about it that way, it's kind of free. Just like borrowing a book from the library :)
    If my daughter were a little bit older, I would seriously consider it.

And honestly, I can justify spending that much on a set. I'm just kidding myself if I think I would not drop that money in a heartbeat if getting a Green Crocer were not higher on my "must have" list right now.
    Titus said:

Also, I feel pretty certain that, in 5 years, 10 years, whenever, I could sell this set used and get all my money back. If you think about it that way, it's kind of free. Just like borrowing a book from the library :)

Now that's the best reasoning I've heard all day :-) I'm afraid my wife is tired of hearing me say similar things, since I've "invested" in everything that refuses to retire (MMV, DS, Fire Brigade).
    Titus said:

I've never in my life spent $300 for a toy. Never. Honestly, it sounds insane to me but everybody says that this is a great set with lots of playability.

What I find so interesting is that people will happily buy 3 different Lego sets for $120 each, but balk at spending $360 for a single Lego set that has 3x the content of the $120 sets.

Must be a Jedi mind trick. :)
  • dragonhawkdragonhawk USMember Posts: 633
    edited September 2012
    In my case I have to think about the size too. I do not have place to put a fully assembled DS for longer than a few weeks (while having my meals on the floor and hearing about it from all ends ;) ). Three smaller sets do not have to be built all at once and occupy less space
    LFT, I think its more of an issue of variety. If I buy three sets at $120, that means I will have three totally different building experiences. Even if the part counts are different than the $360 set, I'm most likely getting a wider variety of parts than I would in the single large set.

The DS is certainly one of those things that looks fun to build for adults and fun to play with for kids. If I had a thousand dollars to spend on LEGO, It would easily be on the list of things to pick up. I'm making myself focus on other priorities though with the limited budget I have for spending on myself.
    ^But it's the Death Star!! It's the perfect Kitchen Table Accessory :-)

Seriously though, the sheer joy of the building experience cannot be overstated, IMO.
    Wow, TB is back up to 232 on Amazon.com

^But it's the Death Star!! It's the perfect Kitchen Table Accessory :-)

Seriously though, the sheer joy of the building experience cannot be overstated, IMO.

^ This... :)

For those who haven't built it... I have built a lot of sets, from $5 polybags to the Death Star. Lots and lots of $40 sets... For the most part, building 10 $40 sets does not equal the amazement and wonder of building Death Star. It is so detailed, so impressive, so, just... well... it has the "wow" factor in spades...

If you can't afford it, so be it, that is just the way it is... But it really is special, you can't just look at it either, it is the build that really completes the experience.

My 2 cents worth. :)
    GAHHH I just cannot do it, I cannot shoot 336 at the DS....
    I wonder if the Fire Brigade will be replenished on the Walmart.com site or if that is it.
    Amazon just matched Walmart's price for SSD: $335.99

Amazon just matched Walmart's price for SSD: $335.99

The irony there is that [email protected] had this for $320 last May, with a free TC-14 thrown in for good measure, making it really $300.

And yet they didn't sell them all back then.

But for today, right now, this is a good price with free shipping.
  • DaddyDeuceDaddyDeuce Member Posts: 272
    (sigh) There was a lot I would have snapped up in that sale. Naturally it comes on a day when I'm in meetings from 8:30 AM to 7:30 PM and I don't learn about it until after the fact.

Oh well, there is always next time.
  • AnthonyC173AnthonyC173 Member Posts: 101
    i just come out of the dark ages when they release the superhero sets and in the past few months ive spent over $$600 on legos, even got a job to feed my hunger, but i've said i won't buy anything until black friday... dam you walmart. now im trying to find an excuse to explain to my parents why im spending so much on legos
    ^ Show them some recently retired sets, then show them what they are selling for on eBay.

Explain that you can build and enjoy them for a few years, by keeping the box and instructions, you can turn around and sell them for what you paid for them, and perhaps more.

So you aren't wasting money, you're just storing it while enjoying it.
    edited September 2012
    ^ And yet even if I didn't have space or money limitation, I still would think thrice before buying SSD for me. I am sure the construction is excellent and very sturdy for the size. However, something about the look gave me pause. Perhaps because it is not big enough scale wise compared to other ships or the minifigures that came with it. And I know they are not supposed to be compared like that
  • andystarandystar Member Posts: 275
    edited September 2012
    Pet Shop and Fire Brigade now price matched at Amazon, $111 each.
    Limited to 2 Fire Brigades
    ^--- Kinda surprised me Wonder if GE is going to go down as well.
  • pvancil27pvancil27 Member Posts: 588
    Figures the DS would be cheaper two weeks after I finally got one. Blah.
    edited September 2012
    Amazon just priced matched the 3 modulars!!!! Too bad i'm $5 short on gift card money. :-/

Edit: GE not price matched.
    pvancil27 said:

Figures the DS would be cheaper two weeks after I finally got one. Blah.

Where did you get it and have you opened it? If not can you return it to the store you bought it from?

• Faedian7Faedian7 Member Posts: 50
    Thanks for helping me lighten my wallet folks...Now I have to ask forgiveness from the wife...Wish me luck!
  • teal93mr2teal93mr2 USAMember Posts: 978
    What a deal!
  • brickupdatebrickupdate Member Posts: 1,020
    Ugh. Couldn't resist. Bought 2 more Fire Brigades from Amazon. Incredible price for that set at $111. I see the Death Star is now $336. So hard to resist that, but I have FOUR of them already. I am running out of room. Or... should I say... I ran out of room a long time ago!

Thanks for posting all the deals everyone!
  • Faedian7Faedian7 Member Posts: 50
    I picked up my first modular (FB from Amazon) for my personal collection and I hope to grab the GE should a good sale like this one present itself.
    If they drop the GE, I'm in. I've been sitting on too many FB's for too long to buy any more now. I love the Pet Shop but it will be around for a while yet.
    Lol, I added 999 FB's to my amazon cart and it gave me a total price of $111,000+ I guess that's not a good indicator today for what they have... or maybe it is.
  • doriansdaddoriansdad CTCMember Posts: 1,337
    Thanks, scooped 10 more FB's to add to the stockpile. Unbeatable price. Hopefully 2 day shipping means they will arrive in good condition!
    That is a deal... 2x FB and 2x DS more to the pile... :)

Lol, I added 999 FB's to my amazon cart and it gave me a total price of $111,000+ I guess that's not a good indicator today for what they have... or maybe it is.

They won't last long at this price... I would not be shocked if it goes out of stock within 12 hours.