Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

[US] Expired: Walmart.com: Super Star Destroyer, Ultimate R2-D2, Death Star reduced!

SquareSideSquareSide Member Posts: 170
edited October 2012 in Shopping USA/Canada
Just noticed that Walmart.com has the Death Star at $357.89, the Super Star Destroyer at $335.99, and Ultimate R2-D2 for $151.19!!! Plus free shipping. *Dunno if Walmart is nice to their shipped products tho.

Death Star
http://www.walmart.com/ip/LEGO-Star-Wars-Death-Star/17353280

Super Star Destroyer
http://www.walmart.com/ip/LEGO-Star-Wars-Super-Star-Destroyer-Executor/17353281

Ultimate R2-D2
http://www.walmart.com/ip/LEGO-Star-Wars-R2-D2-Figure/20552249

I'm so very tempted by the SSD. :eek: Go buy them all so I can keep my money, lol.

Comments

• richlrichl NYCMember Posts: 246
    That's the lowest I've seen SSD for. If I didn't have rent, food and two daycare bills to pay....
  • LegoFanTexasLegoFanTexas TexasMember Posts: 8,409
    Hopefully Amazon will match them soon.
  • gdelahoussegdelahousse Member Posts: 153
    Shuttle Expedition is at $78, T1 Camper at $99, Tower Bridge $187, Diagon Alley 125, Modulars in the 120-122 range...
    Amazon just matched Town Hall for 161...
  • dragonhawkdragonhawk USMember Posts: 633
    R2D2 was matched at Amazon.
    For the record, I prefer Amazon shipping over Walmart.com
  • RennyRenny USAMember Posts: 1,145
    Tempting at those prices but I think for reselling purposes I think it's still way too early for me to start buying sets that came out this year like Town Hall and R2-D2 (rather use the income on older 2010 sets). Pretty good price though if you plan to build it.
  • BuriedinBricksBuriedinBricks USAMember Posts: 1,367
    So very tempting. Should I get Diagon Alley or the Maersk train (don't have either yet)...or grab a FB to hang on to for resale?

Decisions to be made.
    @iccarus I think so many people have stock piles of the FB it will take a while for some profit there ...
  • momof2boys99momof2boys99 Member Posts: 322
    I thank you so much for the info...however my husband is grumbling upstairs at me right now.
    Shuttle Expedition now matched at Amazon

@iccarus I think so many people have stock piles of the FB it will take a while for some profit there ...

Yeah, I tend to agree. I should focus on sets I actually want for myself first.

• madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,848
    edited September 2012
    Fire brigade is only 121 at Walmart,
    Grand Emporium is also 121
    Lego pet shop is 120 as well
    wonder in Amazon will match that too
    Ahh, I see someone else already said this.
    Diagon Alley already out of stock.
  • brickupdatebrickupdate Member Posts: 1,020
    Amazon is matching a lot of these now, I just bought R2D2. Going to be hard to resist picking up more sets...
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,848
    edited September 2012
    Want more mods, but I notice that Amazon has been avoiding all but the Town hall on discount.
    Jousting set is also on sale now at Amazon.com for same price
    @brickupdate - R2 is a great set. Plenty of fun to build and the finished product looks amazing. Enjoy!

Kind of bummed I bounced back and forth too long on Diagon Alley. Hopefully I can catch it on sale again before it goes out in the US.
  • Farmer_JohnFarmer_John USA - 4,035 Miles from 62 West Wallaby St., Wigan, Lancashire, UKMember Posts: 2,404
    edited September 2012
    Picked up a TH, Ghost Train (gotta love the trains), and Shuttle. I'm good for awhile, although if the SSD goes cheap I will have to pick one up.
  • AmberylAmberyl Member Posts: 193
    At Amazon, the Ninjago Epic Dragon Battle and Fire Temple have also been discounted a little more. (I've picked both of those up, along with a Town Hall and a Kingdoms Joust.)

Hoping that Amazon will discount the Death Star a little more...

After Walmart completely destroyed the Black Pearl they shipped to me, and made it an incredible hassle to return (see my previous Beware post), I have decided that I would rather pay Amazon more than to deal with Walmart.
    Love the speed of Amazon's shipping if you are a Prime Member. I ordered R2D2 2.5 hours ago, and just got an email that I will receive it tomorrow.

Love the speed of Amazon's shipping if you are a Prime Member. I ordered R2D2 2.5 hours ago, and just got an email that I will receive it tomorrow.

That is just amazing, isn't it? Prime is very addictive, and it makes everyone else's shipping feel REALLY slow!

Waiting a week or more for TRU, Target, or [email protected] to ship feels like forever when Amazon is that fast.
  • atxleeatxlee Member Posts: 155
    I can't keep up with the number of sales going on.... The mind is willing but the wallet is weak.

Decisions, decisions, should it be tower bridge, petshop or the shuttle for this sale.
    @atxlee, well tower bridge is gone, should make you decision easier :)
  • LegobrandonCPLegobrandonCP CanadaMember Posts: 1,914
    Hurry up Amazon! Price match the PS!
    Town Hall is now gone at Amazon, as well.
  • RennyRenny USAMember Posts: 1,145
    ^Good. The more sets sell out the less temptation there is for me to spend more ;)
    Totally agree @Renny!
  • stoneboistoneboi Member Posts: 42
    i need more money!!
  • neomonkeyneomonkey Member Posts: 82
    Everything previously marked down and still in stock has been lowered another couple %!
  • LegobrandonCPLegobrandonCP CanadaMember Posts: 1,914
    Oh my! $111 for a modular! Do you think Amazon will price match an item if you call them?
    Fire Brigade is now out of stock at Walmart...
    What on earth is going on at Wal-Mart?! As @LegobrandonCP mentioned - modulars are down to $111. Also: Fire Brigade is back in stock at Walmart. Ugh - resistance is futile. I did so well yesterday, just buying R2D2!

Must... resist....
    Death Star for $336. VW Camper for $96 at Wal-Mart. I have to say, this seems to be the best sale we will find this season.

I believe others mentioned the 5% cash-back through ShopDiscover.com

Every year, there is some amazing sale that comes and goes at some retailer, and it defines the sale season for LEGO, for me at least. My gut is, this HAS to be it for this year! Great deals.
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 6,548
    they also have the Epic Dragon Battle listed at $107.97. Not bad for a new set
  • hoyatableshoyatables Northern Virginia, USAMember Posts: 869
    Wow. Tempted by the idea of a second pet shop. Also by the passenger train.
    Can't resist any further! $111 for the pet shop is really a steal for your own collection
  • ChoochChooch Member Posts: 148
    Missed the dang Fire Brigade - see what happens when you go out with the Wife and enjoy yourself... :)
  • cbaker1974cbaker1974 Member Posts: 150

Death Star for $336. VW Camper for $96 at Wal-Mart. I have to say, this seems to be the best sale we will find this season.

I believe others mentioned the 5% cash-back through ShopDiscover.com

Every year, there is some amazing sale that comes and goes at some retailer, and it defines the sale season for LEGO, for me at least. My gut is, this HAS to be it for this year! Great deals.

I agree...with the exception of Walmart's post-Xmas markdowns and whatever retiring sets Lego throws out for Black Friday, I think this will be the best sale by a good bit for the rest of this year. Barnes and Noble will also have a 40-50% off coupon in November / December but it will only be good for a single item and in-store, where the assortment is kind of iffy.

I've already spent a fortune in the past 24 hours, a lot of this was just too good to pass up.
    If you ordered something yesterday and it has dropped today, then go into your orders and request a price adjustment. According to their policies if the item's price drops within 7 days of ordering they will adjust to the new price.
    I resisted yesterday (by resisted, I meant only got R2-D2) ... I could not today (Petshop, T1 and Passenger Train)
    Resistance is futile :-)

I resisted yesterday (by resisted, I meant only got R2-D2) ... I could not today (Petshop, T1 and Passenger Train)

yes.. I can't help refreshing the TH page every 10 minutes to see if it is back in stock ... TH price is now down to $148.... TB to $178...
    Gah! Amazon dropped the price of the City Cargo Train to a staggering $96.71 -- got a Camel alert. Sold out now, though.
  • hoyatableshoyatables Northern Virginia, USAMember Posts: 869
    Oh my . . . .! Wish i had caught that!
    What does it take to have the MMV on Sale... But the Joust set is tempting at that price...
    ^ Joust is a fabulous set, well worth that price. I am about to try and convince the wife we need a Death Star... odds are about as good as successfully navigating an asteroid field but worth a try
    The Cargo Train was sold out last night...maybe it was for the Passenger Train #7938 ? It's down to 96.71 right now and in stock..
    Whew... the modulars are mostly sold out. I, for one, am thankful for that. MUCH too tempting.
    Damn you @Bumblepants and your motivating words :) At least I am not listening to LEGO : "Combine 2 Kingdoms Joust sets for a scene fit for King!". May have been a different story if they had a Lion and Dragon Joust set...
    @gdelahousse you won't be disappointed. I did manage to get permission but I think I will wait until BF and see what [email protected] is offering. I would rather spend my money there even if it is a few bucks more
    @Bumblepants, 320 and below is my DS price point.. 10% coupon and 5% VIP is $342 everyday at LEGO (324 if double VIP)...