Help with search.......

sarbearsarbear Member Posts: 8
edited September 2012 in The Database
Please help.....can anyone tell me why I cannot view photos when I do a theme search for sets? The lists come up but the photos are not there, even though there is a spot for them. Is this something new? I have always been able to see the photos, and even enlarge them without having to click on specific sets.......

Comments

• LegobrandonCPLegobrandonCP CanadaMember Posts: 1,909
    Same problem for me. Try refreshing your page or use a different browser.
  • HuwHuw Brickset Towers, Hampshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,439
    edited September 2012
    Interesting... I've started using a jQuery lazy load technique which loads the images that are in the viewport, and only gets those below when you scroll, which will lead to quicker load times and enable more results to be fetched at once.

What browser/OS are you using? Have you tried pressing ctrl-F5? Do you have JS disabled?

FWIW I tested it on Windows 7 IE9/FF/Chrome and iPad Safari/Chrome and it works fine.
  • akunthitaakunthita USAMember Posts: 1,028
    Huw, my developer just told me about this plugin the other day and we tried it out and we ran into the same problem - pictures not showing up, even when scrolling down, so we deactivated it. I'm not a tech-person, so I can't say why it didn't work for my site, but it would probably be worth to investigate.
  • HuwHuw Brickset Towers, Hampshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,439
    OK, thanks, I'll try and see what the word on the street is about it :)
  • plasmodiumplasmodium UKMember Posts: 1,936
    I have seen this problem, too (and I use Chrome--probably the most recent version). I can usually solve it by scrolling rapidly to the bottom of the page and back up. (Presumably that forces it to reload the ones at the top of the page, and the rest follow?)