Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Toys R Us: 4642 Fishing Boat Under MSRP

jwsmartjwsmart Member Posts: 298
edited May 2011 in Shopping USA/Canada
I just snagged the 4642 Fishing boat for $16.99 at a brick & mortar TRU. It's also that price online.
It doesn't seem to be a sale or anything, TRU has had it at this price for a while - I didn't figure it was "news" till I saw LEGO [email protected] lists it for $19.99. 15% off - not too shabby.

Relevant Links:

http://shop.lego.com/product/?p=4642&LangId=2057&ShipTo=US
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=11481217
http://www.brickset.com/detail/?Set=4642-1

Comments

• llanowarsoldierllanowarsoldier Ohio USAMember Posts: 357
    $16.99 for 64 pieces IMHO is a rip-off. Granted I know the "hull" of the boat is what makes it more money. But still, maybe 12.99 would be better. Also if you ask me all the Harbor sets except for the small boat are over priced.

Also the Space Center for the space theme is over-priced too at 494 pieces for 69.99, while the Mill Attack has 663 for 69.99.
  • meyerc13meyerc13 Member Posts: 227
    I still can't believe that TRU is coming in below shop.lego.com on this set. It is a bit pricey at $16.99, but the hull is a huge piece and once built the set seems fairly substantial. There is no way I'd pay the $19.99 that shop.lego.com is selling it for, so it might be a good idea to pick this up now at the TRU price before they raise their price to $22 (they often have a 10% markup over msrp). Lots of play value for the kids with the shark, fishing rod, dad and son.

I'm sure TRU will go up on this, even if the msrp is $16.99, but it will be interesting to see if LEGO comes down on the price.
  • higginshiggins Member Posts: 8
    Picked it up there last week for $16.99 and didn't even notice that it was under MSRP until I read your post just now. Nice.
  • Russell844Russell844 California, USAMember Posts: 2,263
    Similar thing happened at Walmart last year. I bought a Lotso's Dump Truck for $14.99 when it first came out. Few weeks later they adjusted the price to MSRP of $19.99.
  • jwsmartjwsmart Member Posts: 298
    @llanowarsoldier - it does feel overpriced, but I'm sure that feeling will go away once I set this up so it's bobbing up & down on a tub of water with my Cabin Cruiser from my childhood.
  • YpresYpres Member Posts: 200
    Well I'd happily pay 19.99 for it... instead Canadians pay at least $5 dollars more on the price you guys say is too much!
  • DouglasTSDouglasTS Member Posts: 1
    went down to my local TRU today to pick this up. Despite having an entire front-store shelf display full of the harbor/marina items, they didn't even have a slot on the shelf for the fishing boat. Clerk said the LEGO rep had just left and had told him he was missing some items and will send them.
  • TalasAntaresTalasAntares Member Posts: 124
    edited May 2011
    Got a couple of these today at TRU, they had plenty and were $16.99. Thanks for the heads-up.
  • bourgeoispigbourgeoispig Los AngelesMember Posts: 14
    @jwsmart - thanks for the very useful heads-up; I picked one up today at my local TRU (West L.A.)