Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

The Haunted House

12345679»

Comments

• madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 10,477
    I still want to get one and the pieces so I can 'fix it up' and make look like an old Victorian mansion
    Yodalicious
  • legoprodslegoprods SpainMember Posts: 445
    European (Spain) buyer here, we always get these things delayed... if they ever happen.

But many thanks for the effort!
  • BuriedinBricksBuriedinBricks USAMember Posts: 1,367
    ^No problem. Hard to keep track of where everyone is from.

I imagine it will make it to most of the EU Amazon sites eventually. I don't see this set going away anytime soon. I've been holding out for some level of discount as well.
  • YodaliciousYodalicious DagobahMember Posts: 1,366

I still want to get one and the pieces so I can 'fix it up' and make look like an old Victorian mansion

I thought the same thing. Wanted to make a "pre-haunted" version.

• JenniJenni JapanMember Posts: 1,390
    ^ and ^^^^ That's my plan too, not terribly interested in at as a haunted house. I think it's my next build but it may have to wait until after the move.
  • piratemania7piratemania7 New EnglandMember Posts: 2,147
    I am interested in picking this up, mostly for Halloween purposes but I really want to test out the "modular feel" theory and stack it up against my city block. I am sure it will stand out like a sore thumb, but it might be cool. I guess I will have to purchase/build to find out!
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFW/BGMember Posts: 7,292
    Just saw Walmart added the HH online. Might trigger some future Amazon price-matching deals
    Pitfall69YodaliciousmadforLEGOBuriedinBricks
  • GothamConstructionCoGothamConstructionCo Colchester UKMember Posts: 791
    @Pitfall69

Congratulations on your new arrival.

Stunning build also. I remember you announcing your plans when the HH was first announced, so it's great to see the finished article.
  • Pitfall69Pitfall69 0 miles to Legoboy's houseMember Posts: 11,446
    ^Thank you. I'm excited. It isn't 100% complete, but it is close :) I can't wait to see other renditions. Thanks for all the well wishes :)
  • cloaked7cloaked7 Member Posts: 1,448
    ^ Sweet. Reminded of your new addition. Congrats. Great built, girls like the 2 'P' colors. Purple and Pink. :-) The Victorian Barbie is awesome. A pink Corvette next? :-)

Just one question. Where's the workout room? It must have a private gym. I guess it's in the basement? :-) (just kidding)
    ^Hahahaha. You are funny, but seriously..look at my daughter Aubrie.
  • FollowsCloselyFollowsClosely Member Posts: 1,177
    Pitfall69 said:

^Hahahaha. You are funny, but seriously..look at my daughter Aubrie.

That is great!

• DeadareusDeadareus Member Posts: 264
    Looks great pitfall! I'm contemplating changing the colour of my Haunted House as well.. but still keeping it Haunted. Might go with Red this year.
    Sand Red would look great. So would a light or dark purple. Sand Blue too.
    Again, I can't wait to see what people are going to do with their Haunted Houses. I need to change the black doors to white. Have my hands full right now :)
    @Pitfall69 Great photos. Thanks for sharing. She's already lifting some very serious weight! 200 lb squats. None of the kids on the playground are gonna mess with her. She'll body slam them. :-) he he
  • Starik20X7Starik20X7 Member Posts: 10
    It's cute that you all seem to think it's too expensive at £150. I had to pay $270AU (£180) because Australia. And it's a great set, so it was worth it.
  • piratemania7piratemania7 New EnglandMember Posts: 2,147
    The remodeled HH is really awesome! Great job! : ) As soon as I have the spare cash I am going to buy it, maybe this summer. Hopefully by then amazon has a great discount on it.
    I have the HH and my son built it. It's a very impressive set. And, it makes sense to modify it to use as a play house, because of the way it folds up. Hopefully more sets will have that feature.
  • sschmotzsschmotz Member Posts: 25
    edited February 2013
    I actually just finished putting this together today with my wife and we both enjoyed it. Excellent play set and the kids love it. We liked the FB build the best, but this is a close second. Lots of details, only weakness is the bushes fall off way to easily.
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 20,298
    That's nice. Although with all that pink I find it more scary than the real HH!
  • rchaddrchadd Member Posts: 187
    i got the haunted house at the Lego Store AFOL sale (in UK) the other week 15% off + VIP points. Looking forward to building it with my nieces this halloween.
    Pitfall69
  • TheLoneTensorTheLoneTensor MericaMember Posts: 3,950
    sschmotz said:

the bushes fall off way to easily.

Amen! That's the only thing I hate also. They need more grip or to be smaller or something.
    CCC said:

That's nice. Although with all that pink I find it more scary than the real HH!

You're telling me :)

The only problem I ran into was that Lego didn't make some pieces in Bright Pink, so I had to make adjustments and I miscounted. I had to make several orders because of this.
  • The_MackThe_Mack Member Posts: 239
    Great job on the "renovation".
  • LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,837
    Apologies for resurrecting a new thread but just found this. How cool is that???

FollowsCloselyBrickDancerlegomattFrictionPinJohnnyfinlandiamurphquake
    That's a lot of Sand Green!!!
  • legomattlegomatt Member Posts: 2,548
    edited January 2014
    ^^ The dedication people apply to their hobbies and interests never ceases to amaze. Brick built or not, that is a remarkable creation.