Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Hello from Texas.

sipmart242sipmart242 Member Posts: 41
edited September 2012 in Introduce yourself
Hello I'm a new member with a love of bricks I'm a afol 42 and glad to see others around my age with the same love I have for anything legos my favorite sets so far are star wars. But the pirate ship's seem fantastic(saving up for the queen Anne now) well I'm glad I stumbled across this great site can't wait to learn more about this obsession of mine.

Comments

• LegoFanTexasLegoFanTexas TexasMember Posts: 8,409
    Welcome! :)

What part of Texas are you from? I'm in Dallas myself...
  • Lego_Lord_MayorcaLego_Lord_Mayorca H-Town, USAMember Posts: 523
    Hello, always cool to meet a fellow Texan AFOL. I'm from the Houston area.
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 5,835
    Welcome, I am from Dallas too but working outside the country for now.
  • sipmart242sipmart242 Member Posts: 41
    Thanks I'm from Beaumont about an hour from Houston. Was at work but had to hit brickset soon as I got off on way to Walmart to feed the brick habit:)
  • bluelion3bluelion3 Member Posts: 156
    Shouldn't it be "Howdy from Texas"? I lived in Kingwood, north of Houston, for three years, and my in-laws are in Austin. Enjoy the site!
  • Farmer_JohnFarmer_John USA - 4,035 Miles from 62 West Wallaby St., Wigan, Lancashire, UKMember Posts: 2,404
    Just too humid in Houston area, but Dallas is doable. Unfortunately, they installed a lot of toll roads since we left (what used to be Trinity Mills, I believe). Still I miss it...
  • LegoFanTexasLegoFanTexas TexasMember Posts: 8,409
    :) Trinity Mills is old-school, I used to live just off Trinity Mills and Kelly Rd., just West of what is now called the Dallas North Tollway. At the time it was just "the tollway", because there was only one. Now we have them all over.
  • sipmart242sipmart242 Member Posts: 41
    Man I have read post from both farmer_john and Lego fan very knowable. Farmer how's the attic my wife doesnt understand my"toys" but I'm pretty sneaky. She thinks I should spend my money on stupid stuf like bills :) but seriously thanks for the warm welcome and howdy bluelion3.
  • The_MackThe_Mack Member Posts: 239
    Another Howdy from Texas, I'm in Austin, welcome..
  • atxleeatxlee Member Posts: 145
    Welcome and enjoy! Another Austinite here...