Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links to help keep the forum online: LEGO.com Amazon

Another Collector from California

Swoopy251Swoopy251 Member Posts: 3
edited September 2012 in Introduce yourself
Hello Everyone!
I've been lurking for a while now and finally decided to make my introduction. I was amongst the first generations exposed to Pokemon and that "collector's spirit" never really left. My parents got into the Beanie Babies craze back in the day and if I recall, made quite a bit off of them. I learned recently that eBay is a great way to display/show off your BB collection on the internet, assuming you can afford the fees. Now I'm carefully putting them back into storage, this time keeping a detailed list as I do so (MWMT doesn't mean much). They're so cheap I might end up just completing our old collection over time.
Anyways, my old Lego tub had (past tense) mostly Life on Mars, Alpha Team, Bionicle, Harry Potter, Star Wars, with some medieval, city, dino and racing sets mixed in. Space and Dino themes are still my favorite; Star Wars is obligatory. Difficult times has really taken its toll on us, so I separated out what I could and sold it, and have been picking up clearance sets for flipping. Combined with all of the other collectibles we've got (I won't get into trading cards, furby, etc. here), I'll be launching an online store in the near future (eBay is just the battlegrounds).
My own personal Lego collection is now rather small - a couple of mid-range Star Wars sets and a bit of Life on Mars stuff I held back.

There seems to be a great community here and a vast wealth of information available, so I look forward to some great discussions and some new friends in the future.

Comments

• samiam391samiam391 A Log Cabin in KY, United StatesMember Posts: 4,258
    Welcome aboard @Swoopy251! Glad to have you here :-)
  • BrickDancerBrickDancer Dunes of TatooineMember Posts: 3,639
    Welcome on the Brickset Express @Swoopy251! Another Californian here myself, San Diego & LA. Are you from southern or northern? You'll be in good company with other collectors here. Most are deeply passionate and knowledgeable about this fine hobby.
  • Swoopy251Swoopy251 Member Posts: 3
    Thanks for the warm welcomes! @BrickDancer Closer to the center. ;) Happy to hear it. I've got my stuff that's for selling, but there's no way I could go without my own collection. In fact, I just snapped up a Medieval Dungeon (4817) on eBay - should go nicely with the box and instructions I found neatly tucked away in the closet. x) Really great to find an active community when it comes to this stuff - there are a lot of collectible lines that don't have communities like they should.
  • AFFOL_Shellz_BellzAFFOL_Shellz_Bellz Member Posts: 1,263
    edited September 2012
    @Swoopy251 Welcome, you may be in our vicinity, we're about equal distance between the Pleasanton and Sacramento stores.
  • bsiu922bsiu922 SF Bay Area, CAMember Posts: 439
    i m also from California, even posted quite a quite recently, but never introduce myself!
  • LegogeekLegogeek Orange County, CaliforniaMember Posts: 711
    Alrighty! Welcome aboard fellow Californians!
    I also hail from the Golden State from within the OC! :o)
  • Russell844Russell844 California, USAMember Posts: 1,835
    SF Bay Area baby!