Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

Base prices for Argos Quick Shopper on brickset.com

mressinmressin Lego City... erm LondonMember Posts: 843
edited September 2012 in Brickset.com
I noticed that in the Argos Quick shopper, the base prices are sometimes off. Is that intentional? For example in the attached screenshot:

RRP for #9490, according to the brickset database, is GBP 19.99, not GBP 19.97. It's more dramatic for #9394, where RRP is GBP 29.99, exactly what Argos is charging, and the illusion of a 25% reduction is only because the base price is erroneously given as GBP 39.99.

Comments

• HuwHuw Brickset Towers, Hampshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,333
    Hmmm... thanks for bringing that to my attention. Unlike the Amazon page, the RRP on the Argos page comes from Argos rather than from the official data from shop.LEGO.com, and I can confirm having just looked at the database that they have #9394 down as having an RRP of £39.99.

I'll make a note to tweak the query to use the official RRP.
  • drdavewatforddrdavewatford Hertfordshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,218
    Per a recent e-mail, there are other examples of the Argos RRPs being wrong as well - I agree that you should reference the official RRPs as you do with Amazon Bargain Watch rather than rely on Argos to get them right.
    edited September 2012
    I've made the change already and #9394 has now disappeared from the list, and in fact more sets are discounted than they claim, although not by much, admittedly.
  • veritas313veritas313 Member Posts: 80
    With Argos having put most of their lego sets back to RRP in the last week - are we due a 3 for 2 promotion anytime soon? As far as I can recall we had one last year but we've yet to have one this year. Their sales were significantly down last year - not sure how they've fared so far this year.
  • drdavewatforddrdavewatford Hertfordshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,218
    ^ Good call - I did wonder why there were so few discounted sets at present.

Fingers crossed...
  • mressinmressin Lego City... erm LondonMember Posts: 843
    @Huw Just noticed another interesting glitch. Argos Quick Shopper lists #7239 for GBP 9.95 (GBP 5.04 discount), but the link leads to Argos' page of #7942 for the same price (GBP 0.04 discount).
    Thanks, sorted now hopefully.
  • mressinmressin Lego City... erm LondonMember Posts: 843
    @Huw another glitch: the "buy it now" button for #6912 Creator Super Soarer leads to 5931 My First Duplo Set.