Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

TRU sale 9/6

jagdjhjagdjh Member Posts: 95
edited September 2012 in Shopping USA/Canada
I got an email with two $10 off $50 coupons (one is for a 'friend') that are good 9/6 only. Attached were printable coupon...one that is a BOGO 75% for "Star Wars action figures, play set & accessories". It doesn't say that Lego is excluded. Coupons: http://trus.imageg.net/graphics/media/trus/090612A_RRU_MemberShopping.pdf?csm=383358660&csc=2179524&csa=382739530&csu=2180493&camp=CME:EM090612A%20RRU%20Member%20Shopping%20Event

Comments

• sadowsk1sadowsk1 Member Posts: 124
    Thank you for the post. I'm tempted to try it out on Lego but I don't want the cashier, the owner of TRU, to try ripping my face off for trying to use it... If someone does get this to work please share your story of sweet moves.
  • crosseyedpiratecrosseyedpirate Member Posts: 44
    yes, I didn't think of interpreting it that way but we may have to wait for the Supreme Court to rule on the definition of 'playset' first, would be interested to see if it works, I'm guessing it's not in the TRU system that way
  • jagdjhjagdjh Member Posts: 95
    It did sound like a to-good-to-be-true deal, especially from TRU. In my opinion Lego are play sets and it does say all...in all caps even. I'm one of those 'weirdos' that don't collect Star Wars Lego so I wasn't sure how picky they get with sales on them.
  • jadeirenejadeirene US, CaliforniaMember Posts: 475
    I tried using the coupon at at TRU for the two LEGO X-Wings (the only Star Wars LEGO sets that were at MSRP) and the cashier wouldn't take it. I tried reasoning that they were Star Wars playsets, but she kept insisting that LEGO was in a category of its own.
  • sadowsk1sadowsk1 Member Posts: 124
    jadeirene said:

I tried using the coupon at at TRU for the two LEGO X-Wings (the only Star Wars LEGO sets that were at MSRP) and the cashier wouldn't take it. I tried reasoning that they were Star Wars playsets, but she kept insisting that LEGO was in a category of its own.

You fought the good fight friend. I know with Bricktober and the holidays coming up everyone will be able to capitalize on some good TRU deals. I know that I've had a few good moments so far this year already.
  • teal93mr2teal93mr2 USAMember Posts: 991
    I wish that you could remove the bricktober minifigs from the magnets, last years were so disappointing.
  • TheCultLeaderTheCultLeader Member Posts: 48
    Thanks for posting this. I was able to use it to pick up 2 striker-class starfighters. The manager had to override it after looking over the coupon to make sure it didn't exclude Lego.