Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

DNS problem with Brickset.com

HuwHuw Brickset Towers, Hampshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,334
edited September 2012 in Brickset.com
I can't currently reach brickset.com, bricklink.com and other domains hosted by the company that Northstar transferred to (OnRamp Indiana).

Can you?

Hopefully it will be sorted soon

Comments

• MartinMartin Member Posts: 375
    No, seeing DNS errors too.
  • MatthewMatthew Cheshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 3,734
    Likewise, I'm getting errors. I assumed it was just BL being BL, until Brickset wouldn't load either.
  • HuwHuw Brickset Towers, Hampshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,334
    BrickLink admin (Eric) has tweeted that there's been a power failure in the data centre.
  • LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,686
    Yeah, Brickish died a couple of hours ago also.
  • MartinMartin Member Posts: 375
    ^^ and no generator? Not what I would have expected.
  • sidersddsidersdd USAMember Posts: 2,432
    That's odd. We're not having storms here right now. (I'm in the same city as the servers).
  • maquesmaques HungaryMember Posts: 96
    edited September 2012
    ^So they should just put out some lightning rods and connect the other end to the servers... :-)

"1.21 gigawatts? 1.21 gigawatts? Great Scott!"
  • LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,686
    edited September 2012
    And now Brickish and Bricklink are back? Why not others, or are we now waiting for individual servers to boot up?
  • Lego_MooseLego_Moose Member Posts: 36
    Bricklink is backup. And is it it just me or vanilla forums servers are really slow and forum looks all messed up.
  • sidersddsidersdd USAMember Posts: 2,432
    ^ I think the forum style sheet is hosted on Brickset.com, which is unreachable right now, thus the messed up look.
  • khmellymelkhmellymel United KingdomMember Posts: 1,221
    Oh good, I thought it was just me, I'm in China and was thinking, "noooo... not another site I can't access!".
  • HuwHuw Brickset Towers, Hampshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,334
    We're all back up now, as you can see.

^^ You're right. I usually switch the page template to use use one from another domain in such circumstances but for some reason I couldn't get it to work last night.
  • paul_mertonpaul_merton UKMember Posts: 2,942
    Only one of the nameservers used by brickset.com appears to be working at the moment. ns2.northcomp.com is not responding to any queries.