Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

TRU sale for Friends Summer Riding Camp 3185 and Cargo Train 3677

kim43235kim43235 Member Posts: 165
edited September 2012 in Shopping USA/Canada
I would like to hear opinions on these sales on TRU.
There are more sales but these are under retail price.

Friends Summer Riding Camp 3185 $87.99 (pick up only)
Cargo Train 3677 $127.99 (shipping and pick up)

I would grab for personal collection with no hesitation but for resale, do you think it's worth stocking up these now at these prices?

Comments

• JBricks27JBricks27 Member Posts: 675
    I just picked up a red cargo train last night. There's some advice I got from others in the "predictions on discontinuing sets" thread.

http://www.bricksetforum.com/discussion/1958/predictions-on-discontinuing-sets-and-their-secondary-market-value/p118
  • khmellymelkhmellymel United KingdomMember Posts: 1,242
    It seems to me that the trains have always been a good way to go, although I personally have no interest in them. It just doesn't seem like trains (like ships) have ever not been successful in the aftermarket. That's just an impression though, maybe someone with more knowledge can clarify?
  • dougtsdougts Oregon, USAMember Posts: 4,129
    too early on the Riding camp, set just came out. 12% under RRP isn't that great a deal either. Sure, Friends doesn't go on sale much, but you would have to hope to find a better deal than this down the line.

Aftermarket for Friends is still very much TBD as well. time will tell.
  • turtle1173turtle1173 Member Posts: 230
    That's a good price for the TRU exclusive red cargo train. You might find a better deal some time but that might be a hard one to beat. Also a good deal on the 7939 yellow cargo train. However, Amazon is matching that right now. So with no tax and free shipping in most states, that would be the way to go on that one.