Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

LEGO 2013 and 2014 Set Rumors

12357

Comments

  • effalconeffalcon Member Posts: 71
    love that SUV, will buy :D
  • LegobrandonCPLegobrandonCP CanadaMember Posts: 1,918
    <3 SUV.
  • sonsofscevasonsofsceva 1904 World's FairMember Posts: 542
    ^That's a little silly. The main pictures are from a starter pack set for the game part. What, exactly, does LEGO look like? Space Police aliens? Alien Conquest aliens? Bionicle & HERO Factory? Technic? Friends? There are no yellow faces at the moment, but that doesn't mean they aren't there. If they aren't, then how does that destory LEGO's credibility?
    As I said in the Chima post, there is not way to know from these pics how it will do, nor can we say much about TMNT, though we at least know the characters and the story. Like Spongebob and all licensed lines, this will be one you will buy if you like the characters or skip if you don't.
  • pezdezpezdez Member Posts: 8
    See I told you about CHIMA and that it was relplacing Ninjago as a new game theme, I can't post the Lego website confidently it's top secret!! But the rumours I posted were true about that and about Space Galaxy , new Cinema Modular, the new Train Horizon [email protected] Ninjago still has the Golden Ninja with the gold Dragon And Mech, a cool new fortress plus all the straw hats are red and Garmado. Is huge with a cool new mask and he's now known as GARMATRON! the other ninjas are all in a black martial arts GUI with their respected color masks. I could go on
  • Penkid11Penkid11 Member Posts: 789
    ^Please, do continue :o)
  • sidersddsidersdd USAMember Posts: 2,432
    ^ Yes, what is the Train Horizon Express?

    Would love to get that hat piece in red.
  • kezkez United KingdomMember Posts: 831
    @pezdez please tell us more on the new hobbit and superheroes sets
  • StuBoyStuBoy New ZealandMember Posts: 623
    Loving the SUV too! Is that windscreen new? The minifigs look great too, hopefully they'll be in the new sets, not just the game.
  • bellybutton290bellybutton290 Member Posts: 453
    OK loving the new swat SUV and the red sports car. Looks like (if they become sets) some interesting new elements not least the suv windscreen. TLG you have just sold two sets in 2013 if you produce them and I am not alone it seems. I especially like the figs, an interesting couple of set additions to an otherwise far to heavily populated sub theme that normally I would steer clear of. Can we dare hope for somekind of full on swat van with a couple of figs?
  • bellybutton290bellybutton290 Member Posts: 453
    Could these form part of the afore mentioned police chase set, now that would be good.
  • kezkez United KingdomMember Posts: 831
    That swat figure with the blonde hair is on th front cover of next years Lego minifigure sticker book
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 10,483
    StuBoy said:

    Loving the SUV too! Is that windscreen new? The minifigs look great too, hopefully they'll be in the new sets, not just the game.

    The windscreen/shield is a design used on train sets.
    10020 (red) and 4564 (black) and I think another train set whose number escapes me at the moment
    This would be the first deep blue one if they decided to make this vehicle as an actual set.
  • bellybutton290bellybutton290 Member Posts: 453
    Hunting on google images for the undercover game screenshots seems there is a new swat range rover aswell in a promotional picture. Have to say this also caught my eye as a potensial purchase, again if they make it.
  • StuBoyStuBoy New ZealandMember Posts: 623



    The windscreen/shield is a design used on train sets.
    10020 (red) and 4564 (black) and I think another train set whose number escapes me at the moment
    This would be the first deep blue one if they decided to make this vehicle as an actual set.

    Ah, I don't have any trains, thats why its new to me.
  • Ma1234Ma1234 Member Posts: 693
    edited September 2012
    I'm glad that the emergency themes are diversifying a little bit (I.e museum, bank, forest), but it's still frustrating. I also like to collect Playmobil, and the diversity within its city theme is amazing. It has the standard police, construction and fire themes - which are renewed only about every 5-6 years - but it also has zoo as a standard theme. Furthermore, the recent city themes have been outstanding. There has been school, a vacation port, a resort theme, a harbour port theme, and a school theme. And for 2013: a camping theme (campground sets) and a Swiss alps theme (including a mountain lodge and a cable car!). There is no reason LEGO can't diversify like this. And while Playmobil is of limited popularity in the United States, it's still LEGO's most succsessful competitor and it rivals LEGO's popularity in many European countries as well as Canada (not to mention Latin America, where Playmobil dominates the toy market over LEGO).

    Oh, and all this, and it still doesn't outsource manufacturing - it's of a far superior build quality to LEGO, and it pains me to say that, because ten years ago that was not the case.
  • OdinduskOdindusk Member Posts: 763
    LEGO City reminds me heavily of the original Sim City game for the PC (or Super Nintendo) because the algorithm used to determine the crime rate in your city relied massively on your police stations. If you didn't have one placed every other block, your sims could pretty much count on being jacked every night after work on their walk back to their car.
    Thezoofox
  • y2joshy2josh Member Posts: 2,002
    ^Ah. Sim City on the SNES was a classic. Nothing like getting your city just where you wanted it only to have Bowser come rampaging through it.
  • y2joshy2josh Member Posts: 2,002
    Ma1234 said:

    I'm glad that the emergency themes are diversifying a little bit (I.e museum, bank, forest), but it's still frustrating. I also like to collect Playmobil, and the diversity within its city theme is amazing. It has the standard police, construction and fire themes - which are renewed only about every 5-6 years - but it also has zoo as a standard theme. Furthermore, the recent city themes have been outstanding. There has been school, a vacation port, a resort theme, a harbour port theme, and a school theme. And for 2013: a camping theme (campground sets) and a Swiss alps theme (including a mountain lodge and a cable car!). There is no reason LEGO can't diversify like this. And while Playmobil is of limited popularity in the United States, it's still LEGO's most succsessful competitor and it rivals LEGO's popularity in many European countries as well as Canada (not to mention Latin America, where Playmobil dominates the toy market over LEGO).

    Oh, and all this, and it still doesn't outsource manufacturing - it's of a far superior build quality to LEGO, and it pains me to say that, because ten years ago that was not the case.

    I could be crazy, but I don't feel like LEGO and Playmobil are similar at all, except for thematically. I haven't seen a Playmobil set recently, of course, but when I was a kid, they were just boring toys - you couldn't build with them at all.

    But then, I really didn't have a ton of action figures as a kid, so maybe I'm not Playmobil's target demographic. Still, even looking at current Playmobil offerings, I feel like the majority of people who would be looking at them as a competitor to LEGO must not be interested in actually building anything, but only in the finished product... and to me, that doesn't sound fun at all.
  • Ma1234Ma1234 Member Posts: 693
    y2josh said:

    Ma1234 said:

    I'm glad that the emergency themes are diversifying a little bit (I.e museum, bank, forest), but it's still frustrating. I also like to collect Playmobil, and the diversity within its city theme is amazing. It has the standard police, construction and fire themes - which are renewed only about every 5-6 years - but it also has zoo as a standard theme. Furthermore, the recent city themes have been outstanding. There has been school, a vacation port, a resort theme, a harbour port theme, and a school theme. And for 2013: a camping theme (campground sets) and a Swiss alps theme (including a mountain lodge and a cable car!). There is no reason LEGO can't diversify like this. And while Playmobil is of limited popularity in the United States, it's still LEGO's most succsessful competitor and it rivals LEGO's popularity in many European countries as well as Canada (not to mention Latin America, where Playmobil dominates the toy market over LEGO).

    Oh, and all this, and it still doesn't outsource manufacturing - it's of a far superior build quality to LEGO, and it pains me to say that, because ten years ago that was not the case.

    I could be crazy, but I don't feel like LEGO and Playmobil are similar at all, except for thematically. I haven't seen a Playmobil set recently, of course, but when I was a kid, they were just boring toys - you couldn't build with them at all.

    But then, I really didn't have a ton of action figures as a kid, so maybe I'm not Playmobil's target demographic. Still, even looking at current Playmobil offerings, I feel like the majority of people who would be looking at them as a competitor to LEGO must not be interested in actually building anything, but only in the finished product... and to me, that doesn't sound fun at all.
    Thematically, they compete perfectly. Adult collectors like the building, but for kids, it's the final product that matters, and they compete.

    And there is a significant amount of actual building with the Playmobil structures. They can take quite a while to construct, and they have modular walls and pieces which allow kids to rebuild the structures however they please. The vehicles have little to no building required.
  • tamamahmtamamahm Member Posts: 1,985
    Ma1234 said:

    I'm glad that the emergency themes are diversifying a little bit (I.e museum, bank, forest), but it's still frustrating. I also like to collect Playmobil, and the diversity within its city theme is amazing. It has the standard police, construction and fire themes - which are renewed only about every 5-6 years - but it also has zoo as a standard theme. Furthermore, the recent city themes have been outstanding. There has been school, a vacation port, a resort theme, a harbour port theme, and a school theme. And for 2013: a camping theme (campground sets) and a Swiss alps theme (including a mountain lodge and a cable car!). There is no reason LEGO can't diversify like this. And while Playmobil is of limited popularity in the United States, it's still LEGO's most succsessful competitor and it rivals LEGO's popularity in many European countries as well as Canada (not to mention Latin America, where Playmobil dominates the toy market over LEGO).

    Oh, and all this, and it still doesn't outsource manufacturing - it's of a far superior build quality to LEGO, and it pains me to say that, because ten years ago that was not the case.

    I very much agree with almost all of the above, and has been something I have been harping on for a while.
    The themes they have appeal to many, and especially can work well with both genders, instead of simply being the same vehicle focused themes again and again.

    I just do not understand why Lego isn't creating this level of diversity which can appeal to it's core audience, but can also play far with more than one gender.

    In the US, though, there is no question that Playmobil and Lego do not compete. I think in a few households it may. In our household, Playmobil, Lego and Imaginext all compete for the money allotment I have for my son for holidays.

    Tammy
  • icey117icey117 DenmarkMember Posts: 510
    edited September 2012
    Are there more recent news about the LEGO TMNT theme? Was it all just a fake rumour based on some random "keychain" story, or what?
  • y2joshy2josh Member Posts: 2,002
    So... after watching the pilot for the new series, I have to say it's much better than I expected (still not as good as the 2003 series, but probably a bit better than most of the 1987 series).

    That said, it definitely seems more targeted at kids than the 2003 series, so this may not prove to be such a bad acquisiton for TLG, especially since it seems like it has little-to-nothing to do with Ninjago's demise.
  • turtle1173turtle1173 Member Posts: 230
    ^ Yeah, we enjoyed the pilot also. I'm still not sure how this will translate over to Lego though. I guess we will find out.
  • lulwutlulwut Member Posts: 417
    Haha, Mikey totally steals the new show.
  • RennyRenny USAMember Posts: 1,145
    I like Raphael's new weapon. Instead of sais, they are like wrist claws, very Wolverinish :)

    Not sure why they made April a girl instead of a reporter. Maybe to appeal to any girls watching?
  • y2joshy2josh Member Posts: 2,002
    ^Raphael still has his sais... he was just fighting with his climbing gear at one point. As to April, Sean Astin (who I think was surprisingly good as Raphael) suggested that they wanted April to be a peer to the Turtles rather than an adult that they looked up to. That'll probably continue to be a sore point for me, though, retrospectively, I'm not fond of them making her a reporter, either.
  • coppertopolocoppertopolo Member Posts: 1
    Concerning the modular movie palace.
    I sent the following e-mail to LEGO back in March:

    Might I be so bold as to suggest a future Modular Building: The LEGO Movie Palace.
    1st floor - ticket booth, concession stand, restrooms, double stairway up to 2nd floor.
    2nd floor - main theatre with stage, wall speakers, light sconces on sides, screen with cloth curtains.
    3rd floor - balcony seating, projection booth, ladder or stairway to roof
    Roof - small cafe, projector both exhaust.
    I think this would make a fantastic addition (one that is now missing) from the current 7 modular building.
    Many thanks, I would be interested, if you have the time, for your thoughts.

    Their reply:
    Thank you for your interest in LEGO® brand toys. We are always delighted to hear from a loyal LEGO enthusiast.

    I think your Movie Palace would make a brilliant LEGO set, but for legal reasons we can't use it! We have a team of experts in Denmark whose job it is to dream up new LEGO sets, themes and toys. They tell me it actually takes years to plan everything. They need to test all the new ideas, talk to the factory about how to make them, work out what sort of box is needed and then deliver the new sets to all the shops in 130 countries! This means that there's a good chance they're already working on something similar to your idea.

    That was a great idea and I wish we could use it!

    ---------------

    I'll be interested to see if any of my ideas are in the Movie Palace, if and when it is released.
  • RennyRenny USAMember Posts: 1,145
    Thanks for the info @y2josh. I didn't get to see it all but glad to hear he still has his sais. I haven't seen any of the cartoons kids watch these days but are they all computer animated now? That took me a little bit to get adjusted to (used to 80's cartoons like Dungeons and Dragons, Real Ghostbusters, etc).
  • LegoFanTexasLegoFanTexas TexasMember Posts: 8,409
    ^^ Companies have to say things like that, or people would be sending in ideas left and right about everything, then suing for "creative theft" when a similar idea is released.

    It a huge problem in Hollywood and any other creative field. Most companies have a "no unsolicited ideas" rule, to avoid the whole mess.
  • LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,837
    icey117 said:

    Are there more recent news about the LEGO TMNT theme? Was it all just a fake rumour based on some random "keychain" story, or what?

    Nope, this is real alright! They're in the latest retailer catalogue.
  • andheandhe UKMember Posts: 3,706
    ^I forsee an abundance of printed pizza tiles in the future.
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 20,310
    ^ In multiple colours too.
  • LegogeekLegogeek Orange County, CaliforniaMember Posts: 711
    flump said:


    Nope, this is real alright! They're in the latest retailer catalogue.

    Any images in the catalogue? Not asking to see them, but am curious as to first impressions, especially what any TMNT minifigs might look like.

  • andheandhe UKMember Posts: 3,706
    Legogeek said:

    flump said:


    Nope, this is real alright! They're in the latest retailer catalogue.

    Any images in the catalogue? Not asking to see them, but am curious as to first impressions, especially what any TMNT minifigs might look like.

    The turtles have moulded heads, and a tan shell that fits over the neck like a backpack. The info was on eurobricks but sounds about right for what we can expect.

  • LegogeekLegogeek Orange County, CaliforniaMember Posts: 711
    edited October 2012
    andhe said:



    The turtles have moulded heads, and a tan shell that fits over the neck like a backpack. The info was on eurobricks but sounds about right for what we can expect.

    Thanks. I don't get over to Eurobricks enough (shame).
    I'm old enough to have been an adult when TMNT first came out in comics... so I've seen most of their encarnations. While I don't think I'll be too interested in the playsets, I may be wanting the minifigs just to add some variety to my City. Cowabunga!

  • icey117icey117 DenmarkMember Posts: 510
    flump said:


    Nope, this is real alright! They're in the latest retailer catalogue.

    I was 10-12 when the "TMHeroT" cartoons was the big thing in DK. So... for the sake of childhood memories, is this really good news!
  • LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,837
    andhe said:

    Legogeek said:

    flump said:


    Nope, this is real alright! They're in the latest retailer catalogue.

    Any images in the catalogue? Not asking to see them, but am curious as to first impressions, especially what any TMNT minifigs might look like.

    The turtles have moulded heads, and a tan shell that fits over the neck like a backpack. The info was on eurobricks but sounds about right for what we can expect.

    Yeah, this is how they were described to me. I haven't seen the photos myself but having had a conversation with someone that has, I gather they aren't all that bad. Plenty of detail and most importantly, fun. I can't see me buying them for me but my youngest will be all over these I'm sure.
  • princedravenprincedraven Essex, UKMember Posts: 3,768
    My 5yr old got REALLY drawn in to the first few episodes of the new series, and has already requested the Lego models multiple times, even though I have explained they are not available yet!
  • khmellymelkhmellymel United KingdomMember Posts: 1,305
    edited October 2012
    The first movie I ever saw in theatres was the second Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movie (I was 8). Saw it for a friend's birthday, and just loved it, so I'm REALLY excited for TMNT minfigs - they're sounding really cool! (I'll wait to see the sets before I make any judgement).
  • JpegJpeg Member Posts: 22
    It's confirmed, via a brickbuilt slice of pizza and some snazzy advertising. Check out: http://www.fbtb.net/
  • andheandhe UKMember Posts: 3,706
    ^It still doesn't say 'TMNT' anywhere... so maybe Lego just got a Domino's licence (Pizzeria, Pizza Delivery bike, Pizza Attack Helicopter, Pizza Ambush cycle chase Heist... :P)

    That said, I guess any NYCC promo is likely to be TMNT based rather than another Marvel/DC one then.
  • jadeirenejadeirene US, CaliforniaMember Posts: 475
    Jpeg said:

    It's confirmed, via a brickbuilt slice of pizza and some snazzy advertising. Check out: http://www.fbtb.net/

    I like the note that the pizza slice is for amusement, not consumption. You never know who might try to eat it then sue when they choke.
  • vwong19vwong19 San DiegoMember Posts: 1,189
    I am hoping for a turtle van. Turtle Power!
  • tom4086tom4086 Member Posts: 689
    Love the slice of pizza. As a fan of promotional packaging, this has to be a fantastic example. If they are given out at NYCC, I'll be hoping to find one from somewhere!
  • bricksanbricksan Member Posts: 566
    tom4086 said:

    Love the slice of pizza. As a fan of promotional packaging, this has to be a fantastic example. If they are given out at NYCC, I'll be hoping to find one from somewhere!

    Same here it is one promotional item I actually like

  • murphquakemurphquake Member Posts: 651
    Heroes on the brick built half-shell!!! I wonder if the mosaic build will be TMNT or something else... check my flickr in a few for pics of what I saw yesterday after setting up
  • lulwutlulwut Member Posts: 417
    andhe said:

    ^It still doesn't say 'TMNT' anywhere... so maybe Lego just got a Domino's licence (Pizzeria, Pizza Delivery bike, Pizza Attack Helicopter, Pizza Ambush cycle chase Heist... :P)

    "Casey Jones LTD" - It's TMNT.
  • andheandhe UKMember Posts: 3,706
    lulwut said:


    "Casey Jones LTD" - It's TMNT.

    Maybe it's a railroad licensed theme?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Casey_Jones

    (BTW, I was kidding :D).

  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 20,310
    edited October 2012
    http://ow.ly/i/10Qg8/original

    All looks true. Molded heads, shells via neckpieces.
  • andheandhe UKMember Posts: 3,706
    Wow, I get a real vibe of Spongebob from these... I guess that's inevitable coming from the nickleodeon stable.

    I have to say the NYCC promo 'dark turtle' figs looks better than these buys... maybe it's just the bright green. The Hyena wotsit looks awesome though...
Sign In or Register to comment.

Shopping at LEGO.com or Amazon?

Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon

Recent discussions Categories Privacy Policy Brickset.com

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Brickset.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, the Amazon.com.ca, Inc. Associates Program and the Amazon EU Associates Programme, which are affiliate advertising programs designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.