Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

Series 8 Minifigures in UK?

theayeshaveittheayeshaveit Member Posts: 48
edited September 2012 in Everything else LEGO
Anyone seen any of these in any store in the UK yet? Argos promised me they would be available on 26 August but it never happened! Surely they must be here somewhere soon!

Comments

• andheandhe UKMember Posts: 2,692
    Isn't the official release date today? Sept 1st. So I'd expect to see them cropping up in WHSmiths from now (unless they are still trying to shift the boxes of series 7 I still see everywhere. And occasional boxes of series 5 and 6...)
  • LostInTranslationLostInTranslation UKMember Posts: 5,500
    Just bought some at Stratford brand store :-) Much fondling going on here!!
  • TheBrickLaddTheBrickLadd Chippenham, Wilts, UK.Member Posts: 844
    Loads in Lego Store Sheffield.
  • mressinmressin Lego City... erm LondonMember Posts: 843
    They have them at Shepherds Bush, too.
  • bricksanbricksan Member Posts: 566
    They are in Brand Stores nationwide as from today and also Tesco and then they will go to other retailers from the 1st of Oct.
  • theayeshaveittheayeshaveit Member Posts: 48
    Ok thanks for those replies, there were none in Tesco when I went this morning though!
  • bluemoosebluemoose Member Posts: 1,716
    edited September 2012
    There were 4 boxes worth (give or take a few bags) at the Tesco Extra at Milton Keynes (Kingston Centre) this morning. The barcode on the bags wasn't recognised at the register, so we had to get a supervisor to manually enter a code. The big Tesco Extra in Bedford didn't have had any (checked before driving to MK).
  • SilentModeSilentMode UKMember Posts: 541
    Nothing yet at Surrey Quays Tesco.
  • bluemoosebluemoose Member Posts: 1,716
    Should add, after grabbing some breakfast in Subway, we went back to get a couple more & they had all gone from the Tesco MK store, so I guess someone cleared them out.
  • weebaldyweebaldy Member Posts: 1
    Nothing in Tesco Corstorphine Edinburgh, will trying other stores tomorrow
  • mressinmressin Lego City... erm LondonMember Posts: 843
    Could it be that in series 8, Lego has resumed adding spare parts? I had the Brezel guy today, with two feathers for his hat.
  • cheshirecatcheshirecat Member Posts: 5,332
    Popped into Handforth Tesco - no s8 there, no CMF's at all. There was a Desert Skiff for £19 something, but whilst it spent some time in my trolley i left it in the end.
  • SilentModeSilentMode UKMember Posts: 541
    S8 figures are available on Tesco Direct. Sadly you can only purchase up to 99 at a time!
    If you're signed up to Top Cashback you can get 3% cashback (I think) on an order, perhaps more if it's your first time.
  • andheandhe UKMember Posts: 2,692
    bricksan said:

They are in Brand Stores nationwide as from today and also Tesco and then they will go to other retailers from the 1st of Oct.

Do you mean October? Or September?
    mressin said:

Could it be that in series 8, Lego has resumed adding spare parts? I had the Brezel guy today, with two feathers for his hat.

It seems that for very small accessories (such as the feather) this is the case, though I wouldn't expect to get a spare pretzel any time soon.
  • MatthewMatthew Cheshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 3,734
    ^ He means Oct, Tesco have them exclusively for Sept.
  • No figures in my local Tesco Extra..
  • GothamConstructionCoGothamConstructionCo Colchester UKMember Posts: 725
    Or mine..
  • CapnRex101CapnRex101 United KingdomAdministrator Posts: 2,263
    Or mine (Eastbourne)...