Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

MOCpages Down

PaulTRPaulTR Member Posts: 115
edited May 2011 in Everything else LEGO
I'm a pretty big user of MOCpages, so I was a bit dissapointed that I could not access the site last night. When I went to click on the link, it said "Could not connect to database." Since it was a Sunday (Eastern Standard Time), I wasn't too surprised, as MOCpages undergoes maintainence on Sundays. Still, I was a bit worried, as I had never seen it go down until the evening.

As of this morning (Monday, USA), the site is still down, and I can't seem to find any answers to the problem. Apparently, this has happened before, but to my knowledge, not for this long. I understand that the Admins. could have taken the site down to make changes to the server or something technical like that, but I haven't (again, to my limited knowledge) seen an official comment from anybody "in-the-know". Now, I'm a pretty small fish in the LEGO community, so maybe I'm missing some bit of important news; I would just like to know if any one else is having problems and/or if they know what's going on. Thanks!

Comments

• HuwHuw Brickset Towers, Hampshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,298
    Seems to be up now. I suspect it's a nice little earner for Sean so I don't think it's in danger of disappearing any time soon.

Shame it's mostly full of rubbish...
  • PaulTRPaulTR Member Posts: 115
    Yup! You're right on both accounts, Huw! A: The site is back up! B: It is mostly full of rubbish (Man, I love the word "rubbish!") I'm thinking about starting a Flickr page, beacause that appears to be where most of the "action" is. Still, MOCPages does have some advantages over Flickr. Hmmm, I wonder if there's a thread devoted to the Flickr vs. MOCPages debate? If not, I might see about making one, if that's all right :)

P. S. If you want, you can delete or close this thread since the site is back up
This discussion has been closed.
Recent discussions Categories Privacy Policy