Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

I know it is early... What sets are you or your kids hoping ends up under the Christmas tree?

dneuldneul Member Posts: 369
edited August 2012 in Everything else LEGO
So far my girls are getting the Dino 5887 and space centre. I got these on Clarence and don't feel bad about it at all... My hubby was looking at the 4x4 technics set but not sure...

Comments

• Penkid11Penkid11 Member Posts: 783
    To be honest, I'd rather receive money to buy the next year's product releasing only days later.
  • EricEric Queensland, AustraliaMember Posts: 376
    I'm hoping for R2-D2 providing Target Australia can deliver upon my raincheck. :)
  • bor2112bor2112 Member Posts: 289
    Monster Fighters for the 8 year old. Sadly my older ones are no longer too interested in Lego.
  • DavidBrickleyDavidBrickley Richmond, VAMember Posts: 338
    I asked my 10 year old daughter who LOVES the Friends line if she wanted the Summer Riding Camp, and she said she wants the Epic Dragon Battle set instead. She actually wants BOTH so there's a place for the ninjas to go to learn how to ride dragons.
    My head says "makes sense", my wallet says "sucker!"
  • mressinmressin Lego City... erm LondonMember Posts: 843
    B-Wing.
  • gifinimgifinim UKMember Posts: 174
    The kids are hoping for anything Star Wars or Friends, I'm hoping for anything Lego!
  • tamamahmtamamahm Member Posts: 1,955
    5 year old son...His wants in order of preference...
    Epic Dragon Battle. This is the top item he desperately wants.
    Ultra Sonic Raider
    Monster Fighter Castle
    City Bank

My ~10 year old daughter...
    Mines of Moria. This is the top item she wants.
    Friends RV/Friends Vet set.
    Maybe another LotR set or Bag End.
    The big Dino set

My 8 year old....
    Maybe Friends.
  • sturner26sturner26 Member Posts: 19
    4 year old son- The Mining Collection
    Wife- Bad End
    Me- Helm's Deep, Mines of Moria, Jabba's Palace
  • JenniJenni JapanMember Posts: 1,389
    Current list of 8-year-old is

Police Station
    Friends Summer Riding Camp
    Batman Cave
    Dino HQ
    Gungan sub
    Vampyre castle

She won't get them all but we're paying her a brick per page to read chapter books so she should get something before Christmas.
  • tamamahmtamamahm Member Posts: 1,955
    Wife- Bad End
    @sturner26... Hmmmm. You may not want your wife to see that. ;-)

@Jenni, that is a cool idea. While I would go massively and quickly broke if I used the brick/page, it gives me a few ideas of brick/X incentives for the kids. :-)
  • LegobrandonCPLegobrandonCP CanadaMember Posts: 1,912
    Myself:

Pet Shop
    VW Van
    Suttle Expedition
  • JenniJenni JapanMember Posts: 1,389
    @tamamahm it's the combination of having only one child, a closet full of LEGO and a refusal to read books without pictures.
  • gdelahoussegdelahousse Member Posts: 153
    For my 10 year old girl (not into Friends at all) the 7969 Cargo Train to expand her existing train layout.
    For myself: 9398 4x4 Crawler
  • bsiu922bsiu922 SF Bay Area, CAMember Posts: 439
    Cafe Corner!
  • aimlesspursuitsaimlesspursuits USMember Posts: 207
    My son expressed interest in the Dino HQ or The Mine from the new City mining theme. Luckily found the Dino HQ on clearance at WM, so he'll actually get one he wants this year.
  • gdelahoussegdelahousse Member Posts: 153
    @bsiu922, now that would be wonderful x-mas, sign me for one too :)
  • bsiu922bsiu922 SF Bay Area, CAMember Posts: 439
    that is the only one MOC i miss right now!
  • littletokilittletoki Member Posts: 517
    First, I need to buy a bigger tree.
  • cheshirecatcheshirecat Member Posts: 5,332
    Yellow cargo train for one, red passenger train for the other. Train station and little track workers pack as well. Already bought with great discounts from amazon and stored safely at home. The boys are desperate for them so no risk of them changing their mind.

Also got next years birthday presents ready, which is crazy, and still working out when to give alien conquest earth defense and fire temples/ice dragons. Damn you lego bargains!
  • LegoDad42LegoDad42 Member Posts: 62
    My son and I are trying to be good boys (it's difficult 'cause I'd like to prank my jerk neighbor...anywho)...hope Santa' can bring us a UCS R2-D2, Jabba's Palace and Helm's Deep! And of course....world peace...;)
  • LegoDad42LegoDad42 Member Posts: 62

First, I need to buy a bigger tree.

I know NOT to get you any grab bags. I remember that pic you had on Flickr that looked like you bought a hundred grab bags one time!
  • soundczarsoundczar Member Posts: 21
    Jabba's Palace
  • Penkid11Penkid11 Member Posts: 783

...Also got next years birthday presents ready, which is crazy, and still working out when to give alien conquest earth defense and fire temples/ice dragons. Damn you lego bargains!

I dont quite understand it, but e-bay shows the Ice dragon sells for a LOT of money. Either they are overpricing them or you have decision to make...
  • Farmer_JohnFarmer_John USA - 4,035 Miles from 62 West Wallaby St., Wigan, Lancashire, UKMember Posts: 2,404
    Jenni said:

@tamamahm it's the combination of having only one child, a closet full of LEGO and a refusal to read books without pictures.

Ha! We are having the same problem with our 9-year old. She'll read a page or two of a chapter book, and then go back to the old picture books. I like your idea of a brick/page, although we might have to do polly pockets instead.
  • littletokilittletoki Member Posts: 517
    edited August 2012
    LegoDad42 said:

I know NOT to get you any grab bags. I remember that pic you had on Flickr that looked like you bought a hundred grab bags one time!

Booo. That's like people telling you that you don't need more Lego. Does not compute.

I did try to count up all the empty grab bags I've bought over the last 6 months - I stopped when it passed 300. :O
  • MandarineMandarine Member Posts: 31
    My 6 year old will be getting the Monster Fighters Castle, the Werewolf and the new Spiderman set, and my almost 4 year old, Dino Defence HQ. I've still got City of Atlantis and some extra bits and bobs from the Atlantis series too that I got on sale so they'll probably get those as well.

I was hoping that the new DC sets would be out by Christmas because the eldest just loves his Batcave and the Two-Face Chase sets. They are his favourite things in the world!
  • dino_girldino_girl LondonMember Posts: 107
    dino jr wants the whole of the Monster fighters range She will get everything but VC and HH
    I already got her #8403 and #5770

I want the Winter village cottage and HH
  • nkx1nkx1 Member Posts: 719
    I don't have any kids as of yet; my wife and I pretty much just buy whatever sets we want whenever we want them lol (though I always try to catch the sets I want on sale to save money of course). I'm hoping for a good sale to be able to purchase the 10214 Tower Bridge, 9398 4x4 Crawler and 9396 Helicopter.
  • kempo81kempo81 Wiltshire, UKMember Posts: 961
    jabba's palace and a black pearl before it goes EOL.
  • bricksanbricksan Member Posts: 566
    My wife is slowly becoming an AFOL and I am pondering about getting her at set but not sure what.

My daughter is a bit hit an miss as she loves building minifigs but thats it. She finds Duplo below her even though she is 4 and Friends does not appeal to her.

As for me I am hoping for a few modular buildings and a few other sets, I can't decide seen as I will be buying them.
  • AnthonyC173AnthonyC173 Member Posts: 101
    what am i buying myself for Christmas?????
    such a though decision. I have a few ideas but my wallet wont like it...
  • mcvitiemcvitie Sheffield, EnglandMember Posts: 291
    Don't have any little 'uns but I already have MMV and VW Camper stashed away from myself to myself
  • SupersympaSupersympa SwedenMember Posts: 534
    my 6 years old wants desperatle the batcave! and R2-D2...
    Thank god daddy wants them as well :)

It is umbelivable how kids are so attract by the Batman theme...every friends of my son I talk to are into it.
  • monkeyhangermonkeyhanger Member Posts: 2,859
    Supersympa: Go for it! The UCS R2 looks so blocky on paper, but strangely looks quite rounded in the flesh. Wait for the next AFOL day if there's a Lego shop near you, or wait for double VIP points and a canny freebie and free shipping (usually happens second half of October).
  • seonadancingseonadancing Member Posts: 92
    I have a 4 yr old and he doesn't really ask for anything. I don't know if I should be happy, or worried. He just plays with the Lego buses and cars that I already have.
  • whizzardwhizzard Member Posts: 102
    My 7 year old was eyeing up the Ninjago Samurai Mech and Monster Fighters Ghost Train. Both have already been purchased and put away.. Ghost Train for just over £35 was an absolute steal, so am sure his other list of wants will be met too :)
  • sidownendsidownend Member Posts: 1
    My 6yr-old son would really like the City Advent Calendar, the Mine and the big mining truck. He thinks I should buy the Haunted House, the modular Town Hall and the Mines of Moria as well as the Winter Village Cottage! I agree with him, but my wife sadly doesn't (can't imagine why...), so it's probably just the cottage and Town Hall for me. Now, which Friends sets can I get away with buying for our 18- month old daughter?
  • momof2boys99momof2boys99 Member Posts: 322
    They want the Haunted House and Winter Village Cottage. They are crossing their fingers that some of the new sets come out early before Christmas. A gift card for Pick a Brick. My 10 year old also really wants a Wii U.
  • legonut80legonut80 UKMember Posts: 314
    My 6 year old has his eye on The Mine, but he knows it's a lot of money so would have to be really good for Father Christmas to bring that. I have the Bank for him so far.
    My nearly 4 year old would like anything really, but she's loving dolls houses so would like Olivia's House.
    My nearly 2 year old loves Duplo Cars, he was happy chatting away at the box for ages the last set we got him :)
    I'd like anything Lego that was going to be a surprise.
  • harrelmusicharrelmusic Member Posts: 65
    @monkeyhanger -- what is an "AFOL day"? We've only had a LEGO store in the area for a few months and I don't think ours has such a thing.
    As for things my kids want -- they're at the age where they are old enough to realize how expensive LEGO sets are, but young enough to think, "Hey, Santa can get 'em for us for free!"

Yikes...so this year we're trying a new rule: ask Mom and Dad for LEGO and ask Santa for something else. We might end up with a couple of big sets. One for both of them. Fire Brigade and VW Camper Van or some similar combination.
  • monkeyhangermonkeyhanger Member Posts: 2,859
    Harrelmusic: approx every 3 months the UK and German (and maybe some other European countries) Lego stores have an AFOL day where the doors open an hour early for AFOLs only and in that hour there is a store-wide 15% discount.

All of this talk about toddlers getting Lego reminds me of my first major Christmas present (not that I can remember it). My dad thought that me, at 3 months old needed a high end Scalextrix set! It set the carpet alight and went straight back to the shop - i'm sure it would've been well worn out by the time I was actually old enough to use it, if it had beem kept.

Harrelmusic: approx every 3 months the UK and German (and maybe some other European countries) Lego stores have an AFOL day where the doors open an hour early for AFOLs only and in that hour there is a store-wide 15% discount. ....

Ah ha, thanks. Sounds good!

• RomanticWarriorRomanticWarrior United StatesMember Posts: 248
    edited September 2012
    Son - Wolverine Chopper Showdown, Spiderman Doc Ock
    Daughter - Friends Adventure Camper
    Me - Jabba's palace, series 2 planets

Going to make a nice trip to the LEGO store in October for double VIP
  • cozycozy Member Posts: 146
    i just want to finish the extension on my house so i can open up the 30+ sealed boxes of Lego sets i have been collecting these last 2 months (i blame you lot on this site for making me an addict BTW)
  • LegoFanTexasLegoFanTexas TexasMember Posts: 8,409

LegoDad42 said:

Booo. That's like people telling you that you don't need more Lego. Does not compute.

I did try to count up all the empty grab bags I've bought over the last 6 months - I stopped when it passed 300. :O
    :) Wise woman...

Besides... we a passed "need" with regards to Lego a LONG TIME AGO! :)

(in a Galaxy Far, Far, Away...)
  • The_Brick_BuilderThe_Brick_Builder Member Posts: 658
    I'm hoping for Fire Brigade and Imperial Shuttle!
  • gold682gold682 UKMember Posts: 208
    I don't even bother pretending it's for the kids anymore! On my list are all monster fighter sets including HH, ucs r2-d2 and b-wing. Will Santa bring them? Yep, 'cos I've already started squirrelling them away.
  • Bosstone100Bosstone100 USAMember Posts: 1,412
    I think my son will be getting one of the Duplo train sets. He'll be 19 months at Xmas. Maybe he'll get past his destroy only mentality by then. :-)
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 18,243
    ^ If he's not over it, then a run of straight duplo track on an incline with a bend at the bottom is fantastic for trains rolling off the track and crashing.