Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Feeling bad when people give you Lego?

dneuldneul Member Posts: 369
edited August 2012 in Everything else LEGO
Does anyone get guilty feelings when someone talks about giving you/ selling you their kids's Lego when they are "done" with them? My mom kept very little of mine and my brother's childhood toys, but did keep our Lego and I am very grateful for that.

Comments

• AFFOL_Shellz_BellzAFFOL_Shellz_Bellz Member Posts: 1,263
    No, not all families are into saving toys and mementoes from childhood. In today's economy selling unused toys may mean lunch money for the kids for some families.
  • krklintkrklint Member Posts: 503
    and some (as I have found out) are excited someone wants to take that "clutter" out of their storage space, attic, or closet.

When people find out I'm an AFOL, they actually get excited. I've been given some very usable Lego during these conversations. Feel bad? Nope. The Lego is out of storage and being used :)
  • MatthewMatthew Cheshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 3,734
    The only time I feel bad when people give me Lego is when I already have 10 copies of the set...
  • mressinmressin Lego City... erm LondonMember Posts: 843
    I feel bad when my girlfriend buys me Lego. It feels as if I made her spend money on useless stuff (even though I really didn't).
  • LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,727
    I feel bad when I receive meaningless sets of which they paid twice as much as they should've. "You've kept the receipt, right?"

Fortunately, family members (especially those sharing MY credit card are well versed and know that they don't do it! :o)
  • LostInTranslationLostInTranslation UKMember Posts: 5,547
    I wish more people gave me Lego :'(