Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

[US] 3316 Friends Advent - Extremely Limited Availability

124»

Comments

• BoiseStateBoiseState Member Posts: 804
    Not impressed with the star wars advent.. Santa Maul and R2 are the only interesting things to me.
  • DeadareusDeadareus Member Posts: 264
    Wait a second..... The city advent calendar alternate pics on brickset contain items that are not included in the calendar? Any ideas as to which ones?

I also passed on the SW calendar due to cost and lack of interest this year... Will try snag it at 50% off after Christmas and use for next year.

Would love to come across a Friends Advent and hold on to it until my daughter is old enough for Lego.

Not available anywhere in my area.
  • JenniJenni JapanMember Posts: 1,390
    ^ if you want to pay for it and shipping I'll get you one, my store still had them on Tuesday.
  • dneuldneul Member Posts: 369
    I took 5 back to the Overland Park store today. They gladly returned these and I got the crawler instead. Win win for both.
  • mechteachmechteach Member Posts: 19
    ^^^Keep in mind, your daughter might not like the Friends line. Mine really doesn't.
  • mshielsmshiels Member Posts: 14
    Well here in the GTA (Greater Toronto Area) of Ontario, Canada both LEGO stores are out of stock, but my store (Lasting Toys in MIssissauga) still has stock and we have more coming in another week. But once those are gone as far as I know in Canada the Friends Advent will be history.
  • DeadareusDeadareus Member Posts: 264
    @ Jenni

Thanks for the offer. Very kind. I think I'll just let it go for now and wait until she gets old enough to express her own interests.

Appreciate the offer though!
  • JenniJenni JapanMember Posts: 1,390
    @daedareus I think that's wise. If sales continue as they are I think there will be other Friends Advent calendars anyhow. You don't know what she'll like, mine loves Friends, and superheroes, and Dino, and City, and SW, and MF, and, well you get the idea :)
    Deadareus
  • prevereprevere North of Bellville, East of Heartlake, South of Bricksburg, West of Ninjago City Member Posts: 2,923
    Cleveland store is out. And they had a ton as of a month ago.
  • mressinmressin Lego City... erm LondonMember Posts: 843
    I'm very curious: How is the availability of the Friends advent calendar in the US now? Is it indeed virtually unavailable, as predicted months ago?
  • thenosthenos Twin Cities, MNMember Posts: 437
    Out at Mall of America, had some 2 weeks ago.
  • gmpirategmpirate Member Posts: 1,654
    One Lego store I went to tonight had them on display right at the entrance. By the time I was done I believe they were gone. The other store I went to has been out a few weeks.

Although they appear to be sold out, there really is no resale value in them. Not enough anyway . . .
  • dougtsdougts Oregon, USAMember Posts: 4,129
    ^ I sold the last of mine about a week ago. I managed to make money on all of them, but not enough to have been worth the trouble.
    Penkid11LegoFanTexas
    ^ yes, my point :P I had been holding out hoping the market would dry up but it hasn't.
  • chuckpchuckp NYMember Posts: 684
    The Eastview Mall store in Rochester, NY still had some in stock yesterday. I don't know what they had in back, but there were 3 on the shelf last night.
  • graphitegraphite USMember Posts: 3,270
    ^ if there were only 3 and the shelf wasnt full then I'd be surprised if they had more since the stores seem to be pretty good about filling shelves as they empty.
  • cdkktxcdkktx Member Posts: 1
    anyone still have a Lego Friends Advent Calender they want to sell me? I have two girls who would love this! I didn't realize they were in stores in Aug. When we attended Kidfest I would have looked for them. We live in the boonies (in TX) and any LEGO store (or any big store for that matter) is 5 hours away. Thnks
  • chuckpchuckp NYMember Posts: 684
    ^ You're absolutely right. Every time I've been in a Lego store, there is always someone scrambling around bringing more sets from the back. Those were probably the last ones.
  • Ma1234Ma1234 Member Posts: 693
    cdkktx said:

anyone still have a Lego Friends Advent Calender they want to sell me? I have two girls who would love this! I didn't realize they were in stores in Aug. When we attended Kidfest I would have looked for them. We live in the boonies (in TX) and any LEGO store (or any big store for that matter) is 5 hours away. Thnks

Call the LEGO Store in Miami (Sunrise location). They have and will ship it to anywhere in the U.S.

FYI, for anyone still looking for these. The Ontario Mills store in California still had them as of late yesterday afternoon (Thursday).
  • Bosstone100Bosstone100 USAMember Posts: 1,434
    ^^ Just an FYI, the Sunrise store is nowhere near Miami. It's much closer to Fort Lauderdale.
  • Ma1234Ma1234 Member Posts: 693
    edited December 2012

^^ Just an FYI, the Sunrise store is nowhere near Miami. It's much closer to Fort Lauderdale.

It's all relative. I'm from Miami - it's all Miami to me, and sometimes I can get there from downtown just as quickly as I can to Aventura.

• Bosstone100Bosstone100 USAMember Posts: 1,434
    I see. I'm not from South Florida so I'd never say I was from Miami.

Just some good natured Lauderdale/Miami ribbing. Anyway, I was surprised the Sunrise store had them but the Lego fanbase is different down here. In fact, on the VIP saturday, they had quite a few left. I picked one up for a coworker. I gave her daughter a Friends poly when they first came out and now she is hooked. :-)