Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Lego collection for sale

tomtom Member Posts: 8
edited August 2012 in Marketplace
hello, been collecting and building for years. would prefer a lot sale vs. the eBay route. all have been built (unless noted), all have boxes, instructions and bags. no glue, or major color fading ect. see notes per kit.
10143, 10030, 10019, 7194, 3450, 10144, 10134, 4483, 10174, 10018, 4504.
(qty.3) 10175(sealed in original brown shipping box, first edition)
(qty. 2 ) 1650 complete sets with instructions, boxes and pamphlet. (owned since new, my dad was in the shipping business and brought these back from one of his trips) these have been "floated", assembled and stickered - over all condition solid 8, boxes have some wear, both kits are complete.
have many others, bat mobile, vw bus, airplane, original x wing fighter(no box) and a bunch of smaller kits.
located in Minnesota
will provide photos to serious buyers of the lot or inspection prior.
all assurances that product will be complete as stated to condition, originality ect.
I realize it's a lot of Legos with some extremely desirerable kits - open to offers.
Thanks for your time and consideration.
tom

Comments

• etemartinetemartin United StatesMember Posts: 32
    Where in Minnesota
  • tomtom Member Posts: 8
    Edina
  • etemartinetemartin United StatesMember Posts: 32
    Selling all in one shot?
  • PhoneboothPhonebooth USMember Posts: 1,430
    PM me what you're look to get. I am a little concerned that you have just joined the forum and are trying to sell a serious lot.... Any ebay/BL references?
    I would prefer to sell in one shot. regarding references, yes sold on eBay long time ago. do you know anyone in the Minneapolis area that could do a pre check for you?
    any consolation, really not selling for the money.....as I mentioned before, there is a bit of an emotional attachment to the 1650's - first Lego set. the 10179's again are brand new-purchased with the intent of building one and selling two. never got around to it. hope this helps
  • JBricks27JBricks27 Member Posts: 678
    Are the sets you are selling #10179 or #10175? You wrote #10175 in your original post, but in the last comment you say #10179.
    I have 3 first edition 10179's - all are still sealed in original brown shipping containers, i have just 1 sealed 10175.
    looking to sell as lot....previous post
    Need be, I could produce the original credit card receipt for the 3 10179's if required.
    thanks Tom
  • richoricho Member Posts: 3,830
    Just joined the forum and selling 3 sealed 10179s. You would definitely need to provide a lot of reference feedback, ebay, bricklink etc.
    ^ Forget credit card receipts. I'd ask for everything including a W2 to verify this is real.
  • richoricho Member Posts: 3,830
    ^ lol.
  • LegoFanTexasLegoFanTexas TexasMember Posts: 8,409
    Given the amount involved, it would make sense to start smaller if shipping is involved.

I'd buy the 10175 first, maybe a single 10179 first... Once that arrived safely, buy more, then perhaps on the third go, buy everything...

That seems the simplest, fairest way to do it for everyone involved.

The bigger issue is the amount of sets. He wants to sell all in 1 lot, that is going to be a tough sell, only a dealer is going to buy all that in 1 go, otherwise no one needs 3 UCS Falcons. :)

(except me of course!)
  • monkeyhangermonkeyhanger Member Posts: 3,013
    And a dealer probably won't be paying you what you'd be wanting as they'll be wanting it cheap enough to make a bit on the items themselves. For stuff like the 10179, it would make more sense to me to sell individually given the demand for 1st editions, they'll sell easily at the right price.
    guys, look....appreciate all the feed back as entertaining as it's been over the last 24-48 hours, this is down right getting comical. w2's? lol. I would prefer tax returns to w2's. I haven't received a w2 in over a dozen years!
    I'll supply all photos to those that are really interested in the lot, pre inspection ect.
    geez.....
    sorry to those that really sound legit and really interested - you know who you are.
    photos to follow later tonight.
    as mentioned in the beginning, 1650's is what I would prefer to sell, After the fact i included some of other sets........only to be ridiculed.........yikes.....was it really that hard to pre order 10179's back a couple years ago? those with w2's must not have been included in the pre order opportunity!!!!
    all in fun.......
    Tom

Tom,

Don't take it too harshly, just please understand the viewpoint from the old timers here... Many a "new seller" has come here trying to sell something like 10179, only to turn out to be a kid, or a scammer. It is an obvious target, just like the fake listings on eBay for the current 10188 set for half the going price. They sell hundreds of them, only to leave PayPal to sort out the mess later since they never had anything to sell.

May I suggest starting out a bit smaller, sell a few small sets to known members here, get some feedback in the marketplace feedback thread, then you can sell the bigger stuff as a lot.

There are plenty of people here who are serious buyers (myself included) who can make a deal.

What would really help also would be a bunch of pictures. You can only, I think, attach three here, but you can reply multiple times with more pictures. Box condition and manuals are important for the used sets, as are the way in which you'll pack and ship them. Will you sort the parts? Dump them all in one big bag? That sort of thing.

I would also type out a list like this:

#10179 - UCS Falcon - MISB
    #10030 - UCS Imperial Star Destroyer - Used, 100% complete with box, manual, and sticker in perfect condition

etc.

The # sign in front allows us to click on it and go straight to the Brickset detail page. Makes it easier for us. :)

Those are my suggestions...

I remain interested in the three sealed copies of 10179, the one copy of 10175, the used copy of 10143 and 10019, pending pictures and details on how they'll be delivered.

BTW, As another poster said, you'll get more money for the 10179 sets if you sell them 1 by 1 to members than you will selling them to me. I have to make a profit reselling them, the only benefit to selling to me is that you get a single sale, right now, no hassles, abit at a lower price than you'll get on the open market.
    Ok, to be fair apparently my sense of humor didn't play through well enough. I don't actually need to see your W2s, but now I'm really confused.

a) you're brand new, trying to sell a boatload of the rarest, most sought after sets known to man.
    b) First you say that you want to see as a whole lot, now you just want to sell a few #1650s.
    c) you won't tell me how much you would sell the lot for.

I would literally fly in from London to view and purchase this lot if I didn't feel like I was being trolled.

@legofantexas - You're killing me here. You scoop up the best deal on a UCS MF I have ever seen. You then proceed to post pictures mid-built of that glorious she-devil. Now you're trying to buy all three! Give me a shot to buy one at least - or at least let me get in line to buy them marked up after you've gotten ahold of them. Or maybe you're actually considering that 8x UCS MF MOC.
    :) Hey, you can't blame a guy for trying... Of course, I'd pay him $6K for the three of them, and I suspect he can get more selling them himself, but that takes time and effort, doesn't it?

If you really want one to build, why not take my opened set? I'm actually a bit surprised there has been no demand for it, considering it is the lowest price online for a sealed in bags set, yet I haven't really had any serious offers on it.

Back on topic, the OP does need to reply with some specific details, pictures, etc. But that is up to him/her.
    pix to follow. no harm done, totally understand. I'll pay your way if you decide to purchase the lot or if the lot is not what has been stated. some obvious conditions of course.
    I'm in absolutely no hurry.....
    Tom