Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Toys "R" Us In-Store Prices Increasing?

DaveBeyDaveBey Member Posts: 46
edited May 2011 in Shopping USA/Canada
I purchased 4645 Harbor this past Friday at my local Toys "R" Us and while I was browsing, I noticed the prices on all their 'Limited Edition'-type sets increased $2.00. For example, 7939 Cargo Train incrased from $179.99 to $181.99, 7938 Passenger Train increased from $139.99 to $141.99 and 7937 Train Station increased from $54.99 to $56.99. There were several others but I don't remember the prices. I hope Toys "R" Us is not increasing their prices across the board... I even checked the pricing online when I got home and online still had the original price.

I was lucky enough to purchase 4195 Queen Anne's Revenge for 20% off the original $119.99 price at Toys "R" Us and I don't think I could stomach paying what they charge now! Has anyone else noticed an increase in the local pricing?

Cheers from Claremore, OK!
Dave

Comments

• legoDadlegoDad Member Posts: 529
    They're probably gearing up for a discount, thus raising prices so when you purchase, you're pretty close to the average retail price.
    That's a good deal for the Queen Anne at TRU. My local TRU has is at $150.00...oy vey!
  • CrackseedCrackseed Member Posts: 90
    Yeah, TRU's default pricing is just gross. Clone Tank here is like 157 before their discounts ever apply -_-
  • korkor Member Posts: 392
    I'm glad I caught POTC at TRU when they were still at MSRP. We bought around 700.00-800.00 worth so I got my Pirates fix. Theres no way I would pay 150.00 for the Queen Anne. TRU is just down-right shady anymore.
  • fascistfigfascistfig Member Posts: 15
    I have been going there fairly regular for about 6 months now. I have watched the prices go up, down, and 'discount' with some purpose. I would think there is some capitalist mathematician pulling the levers to keep TRU in business. Battle packs marked up to $15 makes me feel bad for grandma.
  • EricEric Queensland, AustraliaMember Posts: 376
    edited May 2011
    I hate to whinge, and I have recently about this very topic, but I want you guys to know that these prices are pretty good.
    Over my neck of the woods, in Australia, Queen Anne's Revenge is RRP-ing for AU$200. That's what US$210? The same rorting applies across the board.

I'm curious as to the RRP for the S4 Collectable Minifigs over in the US. Over here they are $5. What are you guys paying?

Sorry if you've heard me whinge before, but it really bugs me.
  • wander099wander099 Member Posts: 114
    @Eric, in Canada we're paying $3.49, so I'd imagine the price in the US is around $3 since price mark-ups in Canada are lower for smaller sets.
  • tommyboatommyboa Member Posts: 36
    @wander099 Bingo!!! $2.99
  • wander099wander099 Member Posts: 114
    Theres no way I would pay 150.00 for the Queen Anne. TRU is just down-right shady anymore.
    That's what we pay for it in Canada.