Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Latest from www.Minifigs.Me Custom LEGO Minifigures

Comments

• SirKevbagsSirKevbags Fairy Land Member Posts: 4,030
    After spending the day at Castle Savage yesterday I would say get your orders in. The attention to detail given to each figure is amazing.
    MinifigsMe
  • MinifigsMeMinifigsMe Member Posts: 2,844
    Oh forgot to post the lastest minifigs (fairly UK centric) The boys from the dwarf!

Thanks @kevbags, was ace to see you yesterday. He's an excellent sticker applicator btw (for the envelopes that is, the minifigs are decals!)
    edited October 2012
    Rimmer and Cat and and article at SciFi now :) http://www.scifinow.co.uk/interviews/red-dwarf-x-in-lego-form/
  • ChanMcLChanMcL Member Posts: 1,224
    Just thinking an idea for you @Savage_Steel

Since PSY is so hot all over the internet right now, perhaps you can make one like him??

Just like the news you did before? Haha
  • plasmodiumplasmodium UKMember Posts: 1,950
    I was thinking (while we're on the subject of viral videos) of a "sorry" Nick Clegg. Not quite sure why I am posting about this now, cause everyone's probably forgotten. Plus it wouldn't be a very impressive minifig....
    Thanks guys. PSY is a good idea, and should be easy enough...Nick Clegg...think I'll pass! ;-)
  • atkinsaratkinsar Member Posts: 4,272
    I must be getting old, never heard of this PSY :-s
    martyn
    ^Good heavens! He was even on the BBC a week or so ago! Even I have heard of him! He's the Korean rapper who created the incredibly annoying but irritatingly catchy song "Gangnam Style"
    ^^Well, you parodied the Prince Harry affair, so I assumed nothing was too ridiculous an idea...:P
    To be fair, Nick Clegg was a bit of silly idea. I'm surprised it got as far as the "Suggest it to Savage Steel on the Brickset forum" stage, actually.
    MinifigsMe
  • LostInTranslationLostInTranslation UKMember Posts: 5,594
    ^ Are you sorry, sorry, so so sorry...? ;-)

This Psy person only came to my attention as he waved the starting or finishing flag at the Korean GP at the weekend. I am still unaware of who he really is so you're not alone @atkinsar!
    plasmodium
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 20,000
    atkinsar said:

I must be getting old, never heard of this PSY :-s

I had to google PSY. And then Gangnam Style too. And I still don't understand.
    ^Nobody understands. That's the whole point. I've heard that it's pretty much nonsense even if you understand Korean.
    It's more that I don't understand why it's popular than anything. But that is true of most popular things these days.
    plasmodiumSi_UKNZ
  • cheshirecatcheshirecat Member Posts: 5,332
    I would have thought a lance armstrong minifig surrounded by CMF nurses and surgeons with lots and lots and lots of syringes, maybe some trans red round bricks for blood bags too?
    plasmodiumMinifigsMe
    ^lol! If you squint a bit you can pretend our 'open heart surgery' minifig is Lance if you like?
    BrickDancer
  • andheandhe UKMember Posts: 3,533
    ^What was that comminssioned for? If it was a hospital then let me know as I'll avoid them should I ever need heart surgery! Strip me naked and cut me open with a giant knife?... no thanks :P
    plasmodiumMinifigsMe
    ^^ Right, slap on a 'It's Not About the Bike' comment on that last picture and its almost right - even to the doped out look on his face.

PS - lovely scene you got there.
    MinifigsMe
    It was commissioned for the global head of marketing at Lego actually! A friend of his requested it as a get well soon after his heart surgery! I do hope he has a sense of humour, he should be getting it next week as the customer was taking it over to Billund this week, so fingers crossed!
    He'd better have a sense of humour... Especially as one of those surgeons appears to be carrying a lightsaber. :P
    MinifigsMe
    Savage - I really hope that you have a line up of Sean, George, Roger, Timothy, Pierce and Daniel ready from this weekend. Along with a few of the others - Blofeld, Goldfinger, OddJob, Jaws, MayDay, honey rider... so much potential.

If not, I may have to place an order anyway.
    MinifigsMe
    Thanks for the heads up @cheshirecat - was on the edge of my radar, but not had time to contemplate it. Please do order, as it will help us work out who's gonna be popular (therefore who to make first!) :)
    edited October 2012
    How do you embed photos properly?
    edited November 2012
    imageLEGO Barack Obama wins the minifigure elections once again!" />
    Sorry, Michelle has a wardrobe malfunction (was in a hurry!)
    Did you die the heads or print/decal onto brown ones?
    Cause those look like official Lego face designs to me, but obviously, that could be because you wanted them to look like, well, official Lego face designs. I also remember someone saying it was particularly hard to decal onto heads?
    It is hard to decal to heads, we've done it before (eg Bolt, Mo Farah and the Cat) but these are dyed LEGO heads. Trouble with dying is it's not always consistent. We did these in a hurry and these were just what was lying around (which is why Barack has stubble if you look closely!)
    Oh yeah, I see Barack's beard. :P I can see the difficulties involved with dying (slightly different shades between Michelle and Barack's heads and their hands), but I would say the overall look of the head is still probably better, yes?
    Yes, we have less problems with yellow head decals, but brown we lose around 60% :( but dying is also erratic. oh well!
    plasmodium
    Not posted for a while as been working flat out, but here's a little something to celebrate Vettel's win in the F1 championships. Sad F1 season is over :( Hamilton was robbed!

BrickDancerSi_UKNZrichosidersdd
    edited November 2012
    That's brilliant!
    Seeing a racing driver here has just given me a brainwave: I have one of the old Ferrari F1 cars (#8362), but the stickers are all peely (I think I was actually saying about this on a different thread?). Would it be possible for you to do some sort of decal-y magic and rustle up some replacements at a similar price/rate to your minifigs? Or would that cost tons?
    MinifigsMe
    edited November 2012
    (PS: Just seen the new minifigs.me site. Looks great!)
    MinifigsMe
    @plasmodidum - yeah, I'm sure we can do something with our fancy new machine. Cost wise shouldn't be more than the minifigs, depends what you want? Copies of the originals or some updated Ferrari decals. Drop us an email and we can chat.

PS thanks - still a work in progress, but it's getting there!
  • kempo81kempo81 Wiltshire, UKMember Posts: 961
    A-Team set of minifigs anyone?? would they even be possible @minifigsme? i'd place the order right now!!
    @kempo81 - yeah we can do that, old school I'm guessing? You could order them using the build a minifig option, just link to the photo you want recreating in the torso section. We haven't yet put up the 'custom head' option, which would be needed of course... so give us a few days to sort the site out, or drop me a message
    I'm all over it!!! Will find a pic and get ordering!

- yes def old school!!
    @MinifigsMe: A quick question about the site: If you order a 'preset' minifig (ie, Christmas) and then do the 'Change head/hair/whatever' options, does that replace the head on the minifig, or does it come as a second head/legs/whatever? Because in the shopping cart it appears as another item, but in the description it implies that it's instead of the generic head/hair/leg options.
    Its instead of - though I agree we should make it clearer
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFW/BGMember Posts: 7,111
    Did the A-Team minifigs happen? I would love to have those too...
    Ok, but it still adds the same amount to the price that buying it as a separate item would?
    Its instead of - though I agree we should make it clearer
  • Si_UKNZSi_UKNZ NZMember Posts: 4,179
    Love it! Was wondering where youd disappeared to caroline
    andheMinifigsMe

Did the A-Team minifigs happen? I would love to have those too...

no but i still want to order!! - just don't have the funds to spare right now and there are A LOT of sets this year that I WANT :o/

MinifigsMe
    A bit of a departure from our usual range, but as always we do our best when a customer puts a request in. Hope you like it.

The Rocketeer:

http://minifigs.me/shop/rocketeer/
    andheGothamConstructionCoicey117richo
  • icey117icey117 DenmarkMember Posts: 510
    NIIIICE.... the good memories of a great movie, that would get so spoiled by re-watching it in 2013!
    MinifigsMe
    So who are you rooting for? image
    LostInTranslationLegoboysidersddindigobox
  • LostInTranslationLostInTranslation UKMember Posts: 5,594
    ^ 49ers! I'll be seeing them at Wembley in October! :-))
    This reminds me that I really would like a Patriots minifig!
    MinifigsMe
    From what they have been saying on the radio this morning, Beyonce won.
    Just watched the end (got to late last night). Fricking awesome second half, shame that the niners didn't get get there :(
  • TyoSoloTyoSolo Member Posts: 539
    You really ought to turn this into a "MOC the Week" feature.
    MinifigsMe
  • richoricho Member Posts: 3,830
    @MinifigsMe,

I love the rocketeer! I might have to order a fig.

rich
    MinifigsMe