Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

Wanted: UCS Millennium Falcon

ickyoooooickyooooo Member Posts: 3
edited May 2011 in Marketplace
I'm trying to reach out to the AFOL community and hopefully find someone who has a new 10179 UCS Millennium Falcon. I've recently gotten back into building Lego sets as a hobby and I just missed this set released in 2007. I'm not a merchant or profiteer, I simply want to build it and enjoy it. However, everywhere I've looked the price is anywhere from $1,000 used (I saw it for sale on ebay new for $2,200! - That's an insane price!) I realize I've missed the boat here and that there is a huge demand for this set that originally cost $500, but if anyone knows where I can get a new set for under $1000, please let me know. Thanks to all of you AFOLs out there.

Comments

• StuBoyStuBoy New ZealandMember Posts: 623
    I found the prices even for a used set ridiculous also! I bought all the parts on BrickLink over a couple of months (except minifigs, stickers and instructions). I havn't added up the total cost, but I suspect it will be 300-400 cheaper. My shipping costs we're huge, I'm from New Zealand, and most sellers were from the US, so if you live in the Northern Hemisphere you should be able to save heaps on shipping. You have to be patient and grab the rarer parts when they get listed at a good price. I'm waiting on 1 more order then I'm ready to build!! Good luck to you!!!
  • ickyoooooickyooooo Member Posts: 3
    where did you get a parts lists and instructions? And I wonder if there's a way to get stickers, too.
  • MatthewMatthew Cheshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 3,734
    edited May 2011
    You can also get instructions and stickers from Bricklink, but they are horrendously expensive. I was more interested in building it, so am not too worried about the info sticker. I downloaded the instructions from Brickset. Best way to keep track of parts is to part out the set into a wanted list on Bricklink. There was another thread relating to this about modular buildings on the forum, I'll try and track it down.
    http://www.bricksetforum.com/discussion/comment/5941

This should be helpful if you decide to do it this way. Be warned, it takes a while to collect all the parts, over 5000 of them! I found it quite fun though!
  • reibosreibos Member Posts: 2
    Hello, i´m selling my 10179 first edition set. with certificate in very good condition. All is like new, even the box. If you want you can mail me to agatamichi(at)hotmail(dot)com for more informatión.
    Regards.
  • ickyoooooickyooooo Member Posts: 3
    Stuboy, it would have been a great way to go and building it like you did sounds like a lot of fun but I've found a new one for a good price. Thanks to you too, reibos.
    ^ That's awesome! Its a really impressive build (I'm only 2 thirds the way through it) and fun too! I would suggest sorting all the pieces into type first, as it gets very tedious searching for 1 little technic piece amongst all the bley plates and such! Have fun!!
  • anonimousanonimous Member Posts: 2
    A few months later... I'm also trying to buy set 10179 at a reasonable price. If someone wants to sell it please, tell me: freeway61(at)terra(dot)es
    I know it's almost impossible but I've to try...
    Thank you and regards from Spain
  • LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,694
    @anonimous - welcome. To help your cause, it might be worth starting a new discussion and the telling the forum a bit about yourself?
  • anonimousanonimous Member Posts: 2
    Hello. No much to say about myself... I saw this set here in Spain but I couldn't afford to spend 600 euros on it. Obviously I regret not buying it (in fact there where two of them in the shop; I should have bought them...). It's not that I'm rich now but I ¿can? spend some money.
    That's why I posted here. I've seen bricklink and eBay's prices and, as lucky ickyooooo said, it's insane.
    I've always liked LEGO (I've got a lot of 80-90 sets but it's my siblings who play with them). I'm not sure if I'm an AFOL. What I can say is that in the last years I've bought some sets (most of them LEGO Architecture).
    As said before, if someone is willing to sell set 10179 pelase contact me: freeway61(at)terra(dot)es
    Thank you and regards

(by the way; I've seen a lot of announces on the web selling the set for 350-450$. I contacted one of them but it sounded quite strange to me, you know what I mean...)
  • MatthewMatthew Cheshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 3,734
    Could you repost this in the 'Introduce Yourself' category please?
    http://www.bricksetforum.com/categories/introduce-yourself
    Thanks

Matthew