Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

eBay Sellers selling un-released LEGO products?

JjfanJjfan Member Posts: 30
edited August 2012 in Everything else LEGO
I recently came across an eBay seller, who's name I won't mention, with some new keychains that are not yet released. The Keychains are: Monsters Fighter Lord Vampire, Monster Fighter Ghost, Marvel Loki, Marvel Spider-Man, LOTR Gandalf the Gray, LOTR Gimli & LOTR Mordor Orc.

I called 3 different LEGO stores (FL, MI & IL) and all say the same thing. The LOTR is coming in late fall, while the others the LEGO stores say "they have not heard/seen anything about LEGO making keychains for these series."

Which brings me to a question: Has anyone seen these in their local store yet? Have you heard anything from your local store about these? I very curious about this as I collect LEGO keychains and am wanting to buy them. But if they are "stolen" from the storeroom or the seller obtained these in a fradulent way, then I rather wait it out.

Comments

• BustinBustin Member Posts: 286
    Ebay needs a reporting method for things like this. I just went through all of the report options and there isn't one that allows someone to report something like this.

The closest would be stolen property, but you have to be a law enforcement officer of some type to do so.
  • LegobrandonCPLegobrandonCP CanadaMember Posts: 1,912
    Some stores like the LEGOLand Discovery Centre puts items out on the shelf a bit too early. So perhaps this seller got it from a source that didn't have a shelf date or whatever that is called.
  • The_MackThe_Mack Member Posts: 239
    Yep most likely purchased from a Lego Discovery Centre. They are independent from LEGO stores, they carry different product, and a lot of the time put out product early. They also don't accept VIP cards.
  • sadowsk1sadowsk1 Member Posts: 124
    ^If that was the case I am surprised that there isn't more information shared in the threads about it. If they were released before they were supposed to I would have to guess there are some people that work for Lego internal security that look into things that don't add up like that.
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 18,203
    I'm sure I saw the Dracula one at LDC Atlanta in July. I don't recall the others though.
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 18,203
    edited August 2012
    ^ Looks real, and probably wouldn't be cost effective to fake it by using real minifigs on magnets. It's normally the other way round - magnet figures sold as minifigs.
  • yys4uyys4u USA SoCalMember Posts: 1,092
    These keychains are available at LEGOLAND. I've seen them there. Was very tempted to buy Gimili and pull out the chain, but figured I'd buy Helms Deep or Mines of Moria soon enough so I'll wait for a proper fig.

They also had Frankenstein monster keychain and I think something else but I don't remember.

Didn't see the super hero ones there though.
  • yys4uyys4u USA SoCalMember Posts: 1,092
    Bustin said:

Ebay needs a reporting method for things like this. I just went through all of the report options and there isn't one that allows someone to report something like this.

The closest would be stolen property, but you have to be a law enforcement officer of some type to do so.

I'm glad you couldn't find a way to report them haha
  • drdavewatforddrdavewatford Hertfordshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,374
    kez said:
    I'm pretty sure I have it ! If so, it was bought from the Manchester LDC a few months back.

• jadeirenejadeirene US, CaliforniaMember Posts: 475
    I just saw all of those keychains at the LEGO store in Santa Clara, CA.
  • Renegade007cjhRenegade007cjh Essex, UKMember Posts: 687
    The Superman / Wonder Woman / Two-Face magnet is definitely real; it's #853432, I believe...

Hope the other key-rings are released / available here in the UK.
  • luckyrussluckyruss UKMember Posts: 872
    ^^ that would sound about right. i think i remember Si telling me about them in Manchester, and that he picked up a handful of them. IIRC they had a really short run on [email protected] of a couple of weeks when superheroes were first released, before being removed from the site.
  • drdavewatforddrdavewatford Hertfordshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,374
    ^ Yep - it was Si who put me on to them.
  • atkinsaratkinsar Member Posts: 4,272
    ^ I got mine for LLW they had loads (and loads) of them.
  • The_MackThe_Mack Member Posts: 239
    edited August 2012
    Yeah, that Super Hero magnet set is real, I bought one a few weeks ago from a LDC.
  • kezkez United KingdomMember Posts: 826
    Thanks guys for telling me that magnet set is real, ill keep a look out for it