Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Jambalaya Box #3

1235»

Comments

• brickriverbrickriver Member Posts: 27
    Hi Andy said he still has box and will get it out this weekend!
  • SirBenSirBen In the Hall of the Mountain KingMember Posts: 586
    @brickriver Thanks for the news. I'm sure I'm not the only one glad to read the update.
  • jadedancjadedanc USAMember Posts: 1,303
    Ok well, I guess I have lost my LEGO that started this box. I have PMed @andyscouse & @murphquake MANY times and they have not answered back so I don't know if they just lost it or something else. Not trying to put bad names on anyone but not answering about something you had responsibility for to the original owner, to me is rude at the least.
  • andyscouseandyscouse Western MAMember Posts: 365
    Apologies ... really ...

But I have now packed the box with goodies, and will upload photos to the stream shortly ...

The lucky recipient will be:

bmwlego!!

I'll be posting off tomorrow.

Partly to blame are: Brickfair NE (last month) and 3 (!) graduating seniors.

I'll bow out of the next box, should there be one ...
  • bmwlegobmwlego Long Island, New YorkMember Posts: 808
    woo-hoo!!!
  • USMCYodzUSMCYodz USAMember Posts: 94
    Glad to see the box is back alive. I have a new shipping address as I recently moved for the military. If @bmwlego wants to send me the box next I will give you my address. Would like to play with the box a little before starting work. Most of my Legos are now in storage, but I may have a couple things lying around, and I am near a Lego Store if needed.
    I am agreeable with that :) just no keeping boxes longer than a week, tops, from now on please everyone. This box has been almost on the road for a year now. Obviously I can't wait to see what ends up in the box when it's returned to me lol.
  • jadeirenejadeirene US, CaliforniaMember Posts: 475
    ^ You've probably already forgotten what you put in there. =)
    The only way I remember are pics posted lol
    My 2 year old son absolutely loves the turqoise space truck that the first round of jambalayers helped me resurrect from the dead after it was stolen at a show and the Jambalaya Group sent me the parts and $ to rebuild it. The little guy calls it his "tuck" and swooshes it all around the house.

Thanks again!
    sidersddBrickDancermurphquake
  • JBricks27JBricks27 Member Posts: 678
    did i make it on the list for this box?
    edited June 2013
    @bmwlego is going to send me an updated list of who's left. Then I am gonna PM everyone, and make sure they are still up for the box. Plus I will post here for anyone I didn't PM about it. I'd really like this box home by Christmas lol
    @USMCyodz
    Box arrived today! Should get to go through it early next week and send out hopefully before next weekend.
    Yah!!!
    @bmwlego

Thanks for the heads up!
    @USMCYodz
    Ooh-ra
    I arrived home from vacation this evening to find the box waiting for me (in our locked parcel box). Thanks, @jvdrummer182!
    For everyone. Whom ever sends me the box, know that my address is incorrect as I have moved. My new address is

2163 Aquia Drive
    Stafford, VA 22554
    Pictures uploaded and the box is now on its way to @USMCYodz.
    Yah!!! Thanks for the report!! :)
    edited July 2013
    Any reports @USMCYodz? Did you receive the box?
    Box was sitting on my door step when I got home today! Very exciting. Definitely didn't know what it was till I opened it.

There is a ton of stuff in this box. Give me a couple to sort through it all. Once done I will send it out and let everyone know.
    Any update on the box? Can I request to be moved to the top of the list? I'm almost 8 months pregnant, and if I don't get it before the baby comes, it might take me a while to send it back out.
    Sorry for the delay. Been real busy at work with regards to all the intel stuff on the news. And I tried to hold the box a little as I waited for my house hold goods shipment from military storage (still not here). @Jadeirene I will send it out to you tomorrow morning. Will try to upload pictures ASAP.
    Awesome! It's much appreciated.
    The box arrived at my doorstep yesterday. If anyone left on the list has any special requests for parts/polybags (within reason), I'll try my best to accommodate you. If I don't get any requests, the box will be sent out on Friday to @BrickDancer.
  • pvancil27pvancil27 Member Posts: 588
    LMK when you guys do this again, would love to get involved.
    The box should have arrived to @BrickDancer last week. Photos have been uploaded for those interested.
    Yah!!!
  • BrickDancerBrickDancer Dunes of TatooineMember Posts: 3,639
    Yes I have Box 3 but haven't had a chance to go through it yet. Will get it back out by Saturday.
    Cool! Thanks for the update!
    @curvedroadplate can you please PM me your address?
    Here's pics of "Out & In"

• dneuldneul Member Posts: 369
    Here are my out and in
    I claim LotR stickers lol
    JK
  • dneuldneul Member Posts: 369
    Crap, just realized this is pics for jambalaya #4. Anyway for mods to move?
    Any news on this box? @curvedroadplate did you get the box? And have you mailed it on?
  • CurvedRoadPlateCurvedRoadPlate Member Posts: 257
    I have not received the box yet
    @BrickDancer, did you mail the box out to @CurvedRoadPlate? Or someone else?
    Yes I did to @CurvedRoadPlate almost 2 weeks ago.
    Do you have any tracking information on the box?
  • Bosstone100Bosstone100 USAMember Posts: 1,434
    So, how does this jambalaya thing work?
    edited September 2013
    @Bosstone100

Welcome to the thread for the 2013 US-Jambalaya Boxes 4 or 5! Borrowed the explanation of a jambalaya box from one typed so very eloquently by @rocao (ALOT better than I could ever do and I can up with the idea lol)

Let's use this thread for status updates and discussing logistics. The original thread where @jadedanc brought forward the idea can be found here: http://www.bricksetforum.com/discussion/3988/lego-round-robin/p1

What: A box of LEGO will progress through our list of participants, one stop at a time. The box will be a mixed assortment of elements (thus, jambalaya!) and presumably the more variety we have in there, the better, as it will better suit the diversity of our members and the various applications of our LEGO hobby.

Who: Boxes 4 & 5 are already full and out on their rotations! Sorry, have to wait for the next box(es) to start.

Even if you've participated before, you are welcome to join again! New to the group, you too may join. :)

If your state is not shown correctly on this list, please PM me. Also, if you have a reasonable request to move spots in this list, let me know.

How: I'll start the box and fill a standard sized USPS shipping box (actual one TBD). I'll mail it to the next person on the list. From that point forward, the process should be:

1. Take receipt of the box (do happy dance)
    2. Inform the group the box has been received.
    3. PM the next person for their address if you haven't already
    4. Withdraw desired parts. At this point there is no hard-fast rule how much this is. Let's just say "If there's a lot of good stuff, don't take it all" and see if a practical guideline springs forth.
    5. Photograph your haul. Share it with the group.
    6. Choose parts from your inventory that you are adding to the box. It should be roughly equivalent to what you withdraw. Some instances should be easy to match, i.e. polybag for polybag, minifig for minifig.
    7. Photograph what you are adding. Keep this to yourself so you don't ruin the surprise, but I think keeping a record of this will keep things on the up and up.
    8. Send the box to the next person on the list.

Questions, comments, any glaring omissions? Let me know...

Why: The idea of the exchange is similar to a parts draft in that one person's trash is another person's treasure. While I wouldn't go so far as to say any LEGO is trash, hopefully it will transpire that our bricks find their ways into the hands of appreciative owners. At the end of the day, the shipping costs probably don't justify the parts that one comes away with, so ultimately, this is about having fun, getting to know other members, and strengthening our community.
  • Bosstone100Bosstone100 USAMember Posts: 1,434
    @jadedanc - Thanks. Maybe I'll get in on it next time around.
    I have box #3 and will be sending it back out on Monday.
    Yah! Thanks @CurvedRoadPlate!!
  • MontyKensicleMontyKensicle Member Posts: 59
    Can't wait until I get a crack it!
    Box 3 made it home safe & sound :) thanks everyone!!!
    murphquake
  • MontyKensicleMontyKensicle Member Posts: 59
    Darn, I thought I was on the list to get it.