Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

Availability of the Queen Anne's Revenge

pantenkindpantenkind Member Posts: 258
edited May 2011 in Everything else LEGO
I have looked at wally world, target, toys r us and even a couple other smaller local stores. They all carry the line but none of them have the big ship. I asked employees thinking maybe they were just selling out and they all said none had ever been stocked. I do not have a local LEGO store so that is not an option, and I know I can find it online. I was just wondering if anyone else was seeing this. I know some of you have bought the ship from some of the stores I had mentioned, but I didnt know if there was any rhyme or reason to no one around here (Central Illinois) that stocked it.

Comments

• llanowarsoldierllanowarsoldier Ohio USAMember Posts: 357
    Toys R Us do get them in. A few where I live had them, but expect a $12 mark up as they sell for $131.99 at TRU. Also certain targets may get them in after awhile and as for WalMart, who knows.
  • wander099wander099 Member Posts: 114
    I don't know much about the states, but in Canada a lot of stores don't tend to stock the larger sets at all. Walmart is one of those I have noticed rarely stocks the large sets of any theme. TRU only sometimes carries the larger sets in their stores, but not all of them (i.e. you'll never find a UCS set or modular building there). As for the others, I find it hit and miss, for example Zellers carries the largest Atlantis sets, but not those from other themes.

You can do one of three things:

(1) ask the employees to find out whether they are going to stock the set in the future (shipment could be late, in Canada I have not seen any POTC in a brick and mortar store). If the set just hasn't arrive yet, you can ask for one to be put aside.

(2) ask the employees to order one for pick up in the store; I think TRU does this in some of their locations in the US.

(3) order off TRU.com or [email protected] Personally, I'd pick TRU since the free shipping deal at [email protected] is over now.
  • drdavewatforddrdavewatford Hertfordshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,218
    ^ I'd pick [email protected], free shipping or not. Per other threads on here, if you go for TRU online someone's likely to play football (or should that be soccer ?) with your set prior to delivery........
  • LegorunnerLegorunner Member Posts: 35
    Same thing, Target near my home doesn't carry Queen's Anne Revenge. I asked one of the employees there. They said if they stock it, it'll be completely sold out.

So they only stocked up on other PoTC sets. Guess I'm out of luck on buying the ship. This set is the reason why I want to get all PoTC in first place. Alternative choice is to order it via Target's or Lego online.
  • wander099wander099 Member Posts: 114
    ^^ I've had no problem with TRU's shipping and from what I can tell, it is the smaller items they tend to jam into envelopes. The QAR would probably be shipped safely in an outer box, just like my Slave-I.
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,177
    edited May 2011
    ^^^ I have seen the same treatment of boxes from Lego [email protected]

Not all TRUs get the same sets, or quantities..
    I know of one TRU in Western burbs of IL that never seem to have anything.. not sure if this is due to the location (stuff being bought out all the time) or it is to do with the fact they have only 1 aisle dedicated to the 'Brick' (with another aisle dedicated to the 'fakes') But another TRU about 15 minutes away has two aisles for Lego and had the QA's revenge...
    Plus it it relatively new and may be distributed to TRU's in prime buying areas.. Id say give it some time, they should appear
  • brickmaticbrickmatic Member Posts: 1,071
    Saw the QAR at a NJ TRU today.
  • pantenkindpantenkind Member Posts: 258
    Finally found it at my local Target, and it was 10.00 cheaper than msrp. Looks like I will be building it soon.