Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Wanted: 20004 - Brickmaster IJ Jeep

atkinsaratkinsar Member Posts: 4,272
edited March 2011 in Marketplace
I'd love to get my hands on the 20004 - Brickmaster IJ Jeep to complete my Indiana Jones collection. These things seem to be rarer than hen's teeth! I'm after a MISB set. If anyone has one they'd be willing to trade, please message me.

Comments

• drdavewatforddrdavewatford Hertfordshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,575
    Yep - these are pretty elusive.... If anyone has a second one of these to sell or trade after @atkinsar has been sorted out then I'd also like one. Please help me complete my Indiana Jones collection !

I am SO glad that Brickmaster is being killed off as I am extremely weary of having to track these Brickmaster sets down......
  • HuwHuw Brickset Towers, Hampshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,758
    edited March 2011
    I used to be anally completest on these sorts of things but nowadays I just construct the set from spare parts using instructions on lego.com. then all that's missing are the instructions and is it really worth paying top dollar for a piece of paper? :)

edited March 2011
    is it really worth paying top dollar for a piece of paper? :)

Not just instructions - poly bag as well ! A true collecting geek would never even think of asking that question, so congratulations - you are less of a lost cause than some of us !

I do like to have instructions and bag but if getting them is going to cost the earth then I can live without them.
  • atkinsaratkinsar Member Posts: 4,272
    I do like to have instructions and bag but if getting them is going to cost the earth then I can live without them.
    Yeah, I think £75 is unreasonable for a small polybag set! That's why I'm hoping someone will be willing to trade with me. I'm with @drdavewatford though, I need to have the poly bag and instructions, lord only knows why!
  • LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,804
    Going off-topic..... but I'm with @drdavewatford also. Although it was a couple of years ago when I came out of the hole, I spent the best part of a year collecting and completing the Star Wars UCS range - obviously having to obtain the discontinued sets also. There were a few sets where I'd bought second hand with a box crease or two, but was able to slowly sell and re-buy the same sets again, just to have an immaculate set. It's not that I won't ever open them up and build (I have) but for some daft reason it was extremely important for me to complete with as good a condition as I could before the rarity of the good sets became so scarce and out of reach. What is sad, is that for each stickered set I buy, I'm straight on to Lego or Bricklink to secure five additional sticker sheets to enable replacement when my kids and theirs get hold of the sets in years to come. I can't believe some of the horror stories I've read recently about "throwing boxes away". A set needs to be complete - bricks, stickers, instructions and poly/box. @Huw, I wish I could stand down and not complete - would save me a fortune. TLG has got me!
    In an ideal world I would agree about boxes being kept but when you have 3000+ sets and a relatively small UK-sized house something has to give...
  • indy1973indy1973 Member Posts: 70
    edited April 2011
    Hi drdave, atkinsar, huw,

I could definitely sell the original instructions to the Brickmaster Indiana Jones Jeep.

How much are the instructions worth?

No polybag, sorry!
  • thesinisterpenguinthesinisterpenguin Member Posts: 96
    I believe the good Dr wants the full set.
    I believe the good Dr wants the full set.
    You are correct, sir ! I may eventually have to resort to Bricklink, but at those prices I'd rather find someone who wants to trade....

edited April 2011
    I see it's about $60 MISB on BrickLink, or $150 for the expanded set in the Comic-Con Exclusive version box.

It also looks really cool if you give it bigger wheels and more ground clearance.

It matches all the other IJ vehicles that way.
  • thesinisterpenguinthesinisterpenguin Member Posts: 96
    Would you be satisfied with just buying the parts and constructing the Jeep? Or is it about having a sealed bag? (Not that I have a) the parts or b) the sealed bag - merely out of interest!)
    For me, I need to have the sealed bag, I'd like to be able to be satisfied with building it myself but I'm not quite there yet. Hopefully, in time, my OCD will fade and my hobby will start to cost me a lot less!
    edited April 2011
    For me, I need to have the sealed bag, I'd like to be able to be satisfied with building it myself but I'm not quite there yet. Hopefully, in time, my OCD will fade and my hobby will start to cost me a lot less!
    I don't need the bag to be sealed - my collection includes as many used sets as it does MISB sets - but I do need the original polybag and original instructions, and the set should preferably be complete, clean and in good condition. The existence of Bricklink (God bless that website !) means that most missing parts can be replaced for next to nothing, but clearly there's the hassle factor to having to source missing parts if the set's not complete, so it's not ideal.

And a topic for another discussion thread : sometimes I actually prefer to buy a used set as it increases that chances that I'll build it - no "having to open a sealed set" angst involved in that building decision !

^ Yeah, maybe that would be Ok, but I bet you'd be picky over how the polybag had been opened though right?
    edited April 2011
    ^ That's funny, for me, the very idea of *HAVING* a Lego set and then *NOT* opening it up and building it right away would be agonizing!!

I just rip the boxes and polybags open like a kid on Christmas morning! =)
    edited April 2011
    Well, I would open it, just carefully! There has already been an interesting discussion on whether to open 10179 UCS Falcon, and I suspect we may have a few more over the coming months.

http://www.bricksetforum.com/discussion/94/anyone-else-torn-between-opening-their-10179-ucs-falcon-and-keeping-it-misb/#Item_28
  • prof1515prof1515 EarthMember Posts: 1,561
    edited April 2011
    The Brickmaster set isn't the problem for me since Lego was nice enough to offer it with their Brickmaster trial issue. Obtaining the ComicCon Indy Exclusive in mint condition is the real problem. With only 500 made, it's hard to find at all much less in mint condition!

Then there's the Han Solo-Indiana Jones transformation set. There were only something like 100 of those made and I have yet to find one for sale anywhere.
  • MatthewMatthew Cheshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 3,734

Then there's the Han Solo-Indiana Jones transformation set. There were only something like 100 of those made and I have yet to find one for sale anywhere.
    Sorry for being ignorant, but which set do you mean?
    The set in the picture that I attached to my post. It's a limited (100 copies) exclusive set that was given out at the 2008 Lego Toy Fair Collectors' Party. It featured Indiana Jones on one side and Han Solo on the other and could be turned/spun to switch the figure depicted.
    OK, I stand corrected. I have now seen one of these for sale.

http://www.toywiz.com/legotransformationchamber.html
    ^ Seems pretty cheap, I wonder why they are practically giving it away!
    I would actually say a set of which there are only 99 others like it is practically being given away for a price of a couple thousand dollars. Look at the price that people pay for discontinued sets which were produced by the tens upon tens of thousands.
  • Russell844Russell844 California, USAMember Posts: 1,991
    I have a couple of this set MISB available for trade.
    ^ PM sent.
    ^ Likewise !