First Brickset symposium, 28th May 2011

HuwHuw Brickset Towers, Hampshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,440
edited June 2011 in Brickset.com
Actually, it'll be more like a BBQ (weather permitting) and an excuse to talk and trade LEGO :-)

I have instructions from my wife to clear the LEGO out of my daughter's wardrobe which means I'll be selling some MISB sets that I'm never likely to build and also some loose brick acquired over the years that's cluttering up my garage.

If you can get to Fareham, near Southampton, UK on Saturday 28th and fancy meeting with fellow Brickset users, drop me a line and I'll send you more details.

Over 18s only, please :-)

Comments

• drdavewatforddrdavewatford Hertfordshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,258
    Top man, @Huw - count me in !
  • atkinsaratkinsar Member Posts: 4,272
    Sounds great, I'll be there. I have promised my wife that there will be other long suffering partners there with whom she can share tales of woe. Secretly, I'm hoping that having shared said stories, she will come away thinking things could be a lot worse ;-)
  • HuwHuw Brickset Towers, Hampshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,440
    ^ My wife for starters... :-)
    Is it ok to bring kids along? (my kids, not random ones!)
    Sure, accompanied kids are fine as we previously discussed; I just don't want random kids turning up who happen to read this.
  • bluemoosebluemoose Member Posts: 1,716
    Cool. I'll need to check with the boss, but I think we'll be able to make it.
    Since it's a symposium, I guess there'll be various focussed sessions? I guess suitable topics might include "Managing product dependency through aversion therapy" (throwing boxed SW sets at Dr.D), "Techniques for Resource Balancing of Low Value Items" (trading Collectable minifigs & poly-bagged promotional sets), ...

;-)
  • rocaorocao Administrator Posts: 4,288
    edited May 2011
    So how did the symposium go? Were any worthwhile discussion, funny stories, or photos produced?

And with regard to the after-party: Lionel Messi is a beast!

Edit: I was just informed that members can't post here (duh!), so if anyone that attended could start a discussion with a write-up, that'd be great!
    Symposium is completely the wrong word :-)

Around 15 AFOLs from here and the Brickish Association along with some wives and kids came round to my house and we had a BBQ, downed a few beers, did a bit of trading, and a had good old natter. So, nothing more than a typical AFOL house-fest :-)

I didn't have time to take any pictures, I was manning the BBQ and circulating among the guests; in fact I don't recall anyone taking any pictures, unfortunately.

I took a few pictures of Huw's LEGO room, very nice it is too! Don't listen to @Huw, I promise my kids didn't down any beers, they merely sipped. It was a good whatever it was anyway, my wallet came away a lot lighter and I came away a bit heavier.