Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

Custom Olympic Minifigs in Action

MinifigsMeMinifigsMe Member Posts: 2,844
edited August 2012 in Photography/Video
So I've spent the whole day making minifigs and watching the Olympics. In the end the two had to be combined. Here's our 3 gold medals for today and a huge fingers crossed for Jess Ennis tonight!

Hope you enjoy them!
Original photos that these were adapted from can be found here: http://minifigs.me/lego-isnt-the-only-thing-thats-yellow-aka-going-for-gold

Comments

• Pitfall69Pitfall69 0 miles to Legoboy's houseMember Posts: 11,330
    Nothing wrong with patriotism.
  • MinifigsMeMinifigsMe Member Posts: 2,844
    Ahem. An update :-D
    (yay we get a gold postbox in Sheffield too!)
  • LostInTranslationLostInTranslation UKMember Posts: 5,497
    Woohoo! Well done Jess, and also Greg!! And all of the other team GB medal winners!
    Too. Many. Golds! A bit rushed for Greg:
    Get ready for Mo!?!?
    Edit - Mo's done it too!!!
    Agreed Savage: "Too. Many. Golds!!!!" :-)))
    Go Team GB!!!
  • Pitfall69Pitfall69 0 miles to Legoboy's houseMember Posts: 11,330
    Not to rub it in, but thank God there wasn't a Lego Team USA :)
  • LegobrandonCPLegobrandonCP CanadaMember Posts: 1,908
    Great job on the minifigs @Savage_Steel.

May I suggest you work on Team Canada minifigs? You'd have a lot less work to do...
    ^haha! To be honest we weren't really expecting this many!!!
    Here's Mo. Right I'm off to a party (very late!)
  • caperberrycaperberry LondonMember Posts: 2,226
    These are fab @Savage_Steel. The GB short is really smart, much nicer than you-know-whose!
  • pd66pd66 UKMember Posts: 167
    These are brilliant - the rowing ladies one captures the moment perfectly! These should be seen by more than just us AFOLS!
  • RainbowConnectionRainbowConnection Member Posts: 58
    These are really great, still on a GB high right now!
    Thanks guys :)

If you want to give me a plug on your facebooks, here's my page: https://www.facebook.com/CustomMinifigs
    thanking you muchly!
  • RainbowConnectionRainbowConnection Member Posts: 58
    Have sent you a message via your website as I'm very tempted to grab a couple of these!
    Thanks! Just replied to your email :)
  • HuwHuw Brickset Towers, Hampshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,384
    edited August 2012
    I was at the Olympic athletics yesterday morning. Easy enough to get to (drove to Richmond then got direct train), and get in (c.20 minutes). Inside the stadium it was great, but outside in the park it was pandemonium with probably 200-300,000 people there in the afternoon and moving about was an ordeal. I would have liked to walk about a bit more because the landscaping and paths along the old waterways were superb, but it was nigh on impossible.

When populations are taken into account, Team GB is way ahead in the medals table

GB: 0.5 medals per million people
    USA: 0.18 medals per million people
    China: 0.04 medals per million people

Although I suspect if one was to do that calculation further down the table we would not be.

Savage, I'll be able to do an article on your site and work this week, are you ready?
    edited August 2012
    ^ that's some good stats Huw :-D Might have to include that in a post!
    What a fab day to have been at the athletics! I'm very jealous!

And yes please! Not really sure what to write for you, but will get something to you asap :) thanks!
    Another day, another 2 gold medals :-)))
  • TyoSoloTyoSolo Member Posts: 539
    ^ Ah... what a shame. I don't do Facebook anymore. Oh well, good luck to everyone else!
    Lots more Gold-medal winning Team GB athletes to depict today Caroline!! :-))
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 17,388

Here's Mo. Right I'm off to a party (very late!)

I think a colour change is in order in your decals.
    ^Yeah, was in a rush, so recycled Greg! ;-) First one to notice though!
    ^ :-)
    I know yours are custom torso prints, but I only noticed as skin colour on original torsos is a pain. I wanted to update some of my yellow skinned figs with pink faces and hands. I've tried overlaying waterslide decals with just the pink bits printed on the original print to cover the yellow, but they don't look right. So I just end up redoing the whole torso from a photograph, photoshopping pink for yellow. They are not as nice as original torsos, but better than multi-colour skins.
    It's definitely a pain. but Mo does deserve a proper one to be made. Hopefully he'll get gold again and I'll have time to make him a proper one.

In the meantime I've got to get on with making all the Yorkshire medal winners (we'd be 11th in the table if we were a country apparently) as the local news are coming to film me making the figs. EEEEEEEKKKKKK!!!!!
    Bolt and Rudisha will get the headlines (and they are awesome guys) but how about Team GB's ladies today: gold for Charlotte Dujardin, gold for Nicola Adams, gold for Jade Jones!
    Looking forward to seeing their Lego incarnations - if you have time Caz, now that you're a celeb!! :-))
    @LIT
    They're on facebook and my blog, but here they are for completeness
    ^ Good pose for the horse dancing. Or whatever it is called.
    Thanks :) Perfect timing for Lego to come out with a horse that does dressage ;-)
    Jade Jones coming soon!
    Here's the amazing Jade. And we made a new Jess.