Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

WANTED: Batman Lego Sets and Minifigs

adello25adello25 U.S.A.Member Posts: 361
edited May 2011 in Marketplace
I am looking for the Batman Lego sets and minifigs. I have almost all of the CM figs I would be up for trading.

Comments

• HuwHuw Brickset Towers, Hampshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,706
    Good luck with your quest, adello. They are highly sought after, it seems and command ridiculous prices these days.
  • adello25adello25 U.S.A.Member Posts: 361
    I know! I don't get it. I've bought one of the bigger sets already and spent quite a lot. I just dont understand why someone would spend $100-150 for a set with 50 pieces just cuz it is MISB. As long as it has all the pieces that is fine by me
  • MinifigsMeMinifigsMe Member Posts: 2,844
    I have this dude: http://www.brickset.com/minifigs/?m=spd019
    and the instructions for 4853 - sadly the only piece I seem to have for it is the one way street sign.
    Thanks for the post but those are spiderman
    bugger - sorry - I misread your post!
    Though I also don't get why the spiderman sets are so popular either!
  • bahnstormerbahnstormer Member Posts: 180
    edited May 2011
    ive been looking for used sets on ebay , price is about 60% of what it was last october / november - if you want them and can accept used, buy over the summer, they' ll go up in price as we get nearer to xmas.

savage - there are collectors of spidey and batman stuff who collect everything - back in 2008 a catalogue company here sold their remaining batcaves for 10 euro a pop to staff as no one bought them - now £300+ - i got lucky as the "outlaw" worked for them ;-)
    Yea I kind of faced the fact that the Batman sets are going to cost an arm and a leg! I don't want them all though. I have 3 so far. I need the Batcave and then if I can get some of the others for reasonable prices then I would, but I just can't see spending $200 on a set that comes with 75 pieces.
    wow! sounds like we could all do with time machines to remove the guess work from what's going to rocket in price. Though with hindsight, the fact that they're based on comics/films that already have a lot of collectable merchandise makes them seem obvious.
  • bahnstormerbahnstormer Member Posts: 180
    but which licence? lego's original batman licence was based on the cartoon and were on clearance just as the dark knight was announced, all the batman sets went up in value after it came out and lego didnt take a licence.

with a new film in 2012 i'd guess they will be a bit more on the ball this time. i have been pretty tempted to fork out for 7888 but there may well be a better version coming out in 12 months so i'm going to wait.

• MvdSMvdS Member Posts: 34
    You can also check here:

www.StarMars.nl/LEGO