Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Bricklink transaction gone wrong

lulwutlulwut Member Posts: 417
edited July 2012 in Buying & Selling Topics
Recently sold a new and sealed Lego set on bricklink. The buyer is claiming the package has been opened and taped shut. I double check seals on all of my new sets before packing them. But I'm willing to give the buyer the benefit of doubt.

Has anyone else experience issues tied directly with UPS? I noticed with the tracking, on the day it was scheduled for delivery 'the package was left in a UPS facility. / Delivery rescheduled'; I'm think something went wrong there.

Comments

• Pitfall69Pitfall69 Member Posts: 11,454
    Unfortunately the "laws" protect the buyer more than the seller.

I would change the title of the thread because it is a little misleading. Bricklink had nothing to do with what happened with the package from point A to B.
  • Pitfall69Pitfall69 Member Posts: 11,454
    Insurance, if purchased, only protects the buyer if the package is lost, stolen or damaged. The seals being cut and retaped would not fall under this. If the item was fragile and was damaged inside the box then the insurance would cover that.

The seller always seems to have the disadvantage. The buyer could have lied about the seals hoping you would give him some money back. He gets a sealed set for a used price. Or hoping to receive compensation from PayPal. It would be inconvenient to lie then have to send the package back.
  • AFFOL_Shellz_BellzAFFOL_Shellz_Bellz Member Posts: 1,263
    Then there is a chance the package was mis-delivered, opened by the person it was delivered to, resealed and delivered to the correct address. Was it USPS or UPS?
  • WeezyCupcakeWeezyCupcake Member Posts: 103
    I think the package might have been opened by UPS. I know someone who works there are she told me how roughly things are handled. People are starting to steal Lego because they know they are valuable.
  • CoolsplashCoolsplash Member Posts: 935
    With current rise in Lego sales, everyone is getting to know about this. So lots of Postal services all over the world roughly open the packages and reseal them. But I have USPS many many times and never got any such complains. But alas, the Buyer has more rights.
  • seonadancingseonadancing Member Posts: 92
    I currently have a package that was bought from bricklink that's showing as delivered on the USPS site but I never received it. Still working things out with the seller.
  • AFFOL_Shellz_BellzAFFOL_Shellz_Bellz Member Posts: 1,263
    ^ This is exactly why I insure even small purchases! While that shows as delivered there is nothing to say it was delivered to the correct address. Ask the postal delivery person if they specifically recall delivering it to your residence.