Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

Issue with Forum

LegorunnerLegorunner Member Posts: 35
edited May 2011 in Forum Operation
Everytime I login to the forum I kept getting popup saying this website is suspicious. Leave now unless you know this site is safe. I'm running zonealarm firewall. Oddly it says the www.brickset.com is completely fine while www.bricksetforum.com is getting this issue.

Comments

• CrackseedCrackseed Member Posts: 90
    Sounds like a false positive - I work at a Bank and our own internal website will trigger IE's phishing filter haha :)
  • rocaorocao Administrator Posts: 4,284
    Do you have "warn me when visiting websites that will induce copious amounts of spending" checked?

In all seriousness, I think I have zonealarm installed somewhere on one of my offline computers. I'll fire it up and see if I can replicate it to see what the issue is. Can you take a screenshot or otherwise inform us of your firewall settings?
  • brickmaticbrickmatic Member Posts: 1,071
    Are you accessing the forum via the regular website? If so, could it be because of the redirect?
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,178
    edited May 2011
    I will say that I am not an expert, but I have seen Zone Alarm constantly pull this stuff.. usually if you are using a free version of it.. It just means you either need to adjust your settings or Reinstall..
    I use Comodo, which IMO works better than Zone Alarm and does not have many issues (at least it is not telling me that this site is dangerous)
    But I have noticed issues with Zone Alarm in the past (part of the reason I switched to Comodo) To be fair, I have seen with most 'freeware firewalls they occasionally 'go stupid' to where you need to reinstall or check you settings.. not sure if this is a planned bug to get you to buy it or what, but it happens..
    Comodo even stops my updates from Avira for my antivirus software and I have to temporary disable it in order to load the update....
    My Guess is Zone Alarm is in some kind of paranoid mode where message boards are viewed as 'suspicious' sites...
    Unless your virus software picks something up I would say it is a false warning...
  • LegorunnerLegorunner Member Posts: 35
    Thanks guys. I've attached the screenshot in question regarding the firewall issue.

I kept getting this issue when I clear the IE's history and cookies to start again over from fresh. Lo, there it is again. image

I ran anti virus and malewarebytes programs to check my system. It's all clean.
  • HuwHuw Brickset Towers, Hampshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,334
    It's probably due to the way the domain name is mapped to the site, which isn't the 'normal' way. It uses CNAME if that means anything to anyone.
  • LegorunnerLegorunner Member Posts: 35
    @Huw, I guess it would be safe to say it's a false alarm. Thanks.