Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

LUGOCT • The LEGO® Users Group of Connecticut Meeting 05/26/2012

MrKevinHinkleMrKevinHinkle Member Posts: 33
edited July 2012 in Community and Events
LUGOCT • The LEGO® Users Group of Connecticut

GROUP MEETING
Saturday 07/28/2012 12:00pm - 4:00pm

First off, my apologies to Ginger. We had discussed hosting our next meeting a
bit further north but as my work travel has eaten a lot of my free time over the
last 2 months I have not been able to research a different location. As we have
some important details to discuss I kept it at our usual spot. Join us for lunch
at Sal's Pizzeria, before we head to the South Windsor Public library to hold
our group meeting. Please feel free to bring along any friends interested in
learning more about our group or that would like to join! We will be conducting
a parts draft of 9463 The Werewolf, so please make sure you bring along a copy
of the set to the meeting! We will also be conducting a raffle for a FREE LEGO
set for all that are in attendance. As always, you are welcome to bring along
any MOCs that you'd like to show off or items to trade amongst the other members
(such as collectable minifigures). Our main topic will be the Four Town Fair-
Jim and I had a visit to the location and have met with the organizers. We need
to get firm commitments from anyone planning to attend and participate. I will
be sharing all the details associated. I will also be bringing the LUGOCT polos
ordered (Bill- I have yours pulled) If anyone else would like one they are $25,
please note I have very limited sizes from this first batch.

Sal's Pizzeria
(12:00pm - 1:30pm)
1735 Ellington Rd # 5
South Windsor, CT 06074
(860) 648-2200

South Windsor Public Library
(1:30pm - 4:30pm)
1550 Sullivan Avenue
South Windsor, CT 06074
(860) 644-1541

Comments

• MrKevinHinkleMrKevinHinkle Member Posts: 33
    Sorry about the subject line (copy and pasted) the date of this meeting is July 28th, 2012. Thanks!
  • bmwlegobmwlego Long Island, New YorkMember Posts: 803
    Congrats on getting the LUG off the ground and possibly featured at a public show! Hope you get many newcomers attending.
    edited July 2012
    [UPDATE]

LUGOCT • The LEGO® Users Group of Connecticut

GROUP MEETING
    Saturday 07/28/2012 10:00am - 1:00pm

First off, my apologies to Ginger- we had discussed hosting our next meeting a bit further north, but as work travel has eaten a lot of my free time over the last 2 months I have not been able to research a different location. As we have some important details to discuss I felt we should keep it at our usual spot. One important note, that I was previously unaware of, was that the library has different hours of operation for the summer. Unfortunately, they close earlier so we will have to change our formula a bit. Join us at the South Windsor Public library to hold our group meeting. Please feel free to bring along any friends interested in learning more about our group or that would like to join! We will be conducting a parts draft of 9463 The Werewolf, so please make sure you bring along a copy of the set to the meeting! We will also be conducting a raffle for a FREE LEGO set for all that are in attendance. As always, you are welcome to bring along any MOCs that you'd like to show off or items to trade amongst the other members (such as collectable minifigures). Our main topic will be the Four Town Fair, Jim and I had a visit to the location and have met with the organizers. We need to get firm commitments from anyone planning to attend and participate. I will be sharing all the details associated. I will also be bringing the LUGOCT polos ordered (Bill- I have yours pulled) If anyone else would like one they are $25. Please note I have very limited sizes from this first batch. I have also received the LUGOCT brick badges printed by the Brick Engraver, so if you are interested in one they are $5.

South Windsor Public Library
    (10:00am - 1:00pm)
    1550 Sullivan Avenue
    South Windsor, CT 06074
    (860) 644-1541

For anyone interested, we can head to lunch after the meeting. Location can be discussed and perhaps we can try something different. :)
  • andyscouseandyscouse Western MAMember Posts: 365
    Kevin

With the new time, I'll be able to attend for perhaps the first hour and a half to two hours before heading over to the NELUG LUGBulk sorting event!

I'm interested in the Four Town Fair event.

I'm guessing the best way to identify members is if they're carrying LEGO around ....... ???
    That's great, yes we are on the second floor of the library towards the back. We have reserved the "seminar room" if you need to ask one of the employees. I will have on both a blue LUGOCT polo and brick badge. :)