Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Release date for the Summer sets?

bahnstormerbahnstormer Member Posts: 180
edited May 2011 in Shopping Elsewhere
Amazon Uk shows a bunch of pre-orders including hillside house, marina sets, AC, Kingdoms and SW falcon, pod race and ewok attack.

US lego store shows 20 new sets launching on 10th may, anyone any idea if the SW sets are included in the 20?

anyone any idea if European [email protected] is launching on 10th as well?

Comments

• bahnstormerbahnstormer Member Posts: 180
    harbour has now been added on [email protected] germany (transporter is 29.99 euro) but not on UK and USA - odd given TRU US had them a week or so ago and TRU here doesnt.
  • drdavewatforddrdavewatford Hertfordshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,258
    No idea of [email protected] plans, although the release dates shown at the various toy fairs earlier this year suggests staggered release dates, so we should theoretically be 'drip fed' new sets over the summer months.

Just took a look at the images of the harbour set on Amazon, incidentally. I wasn't expecting UCS-quality detail, obviously, but the City dumbing down process is moving some of these sets ever nearer to the Duplo line. Expect another rant about POOP (look it up) in the not-too-distant future.....
  • Si_UKNZSi_UKNZ NZMember Posts: 4,179
    ^ Couldnt agree more, and its no comparison to the previous 2 harbours unfortunately. Wasted opportunity as the harbour could be great.
  • Silber334Silber334 Member Posts: 147
    We got the Harbor sets in the stores in June. The new Creator sets were finally added this month.... Sucks living in the Far East.
  • trypticontrypticon Member Posts: 61
    The new star wars sets were in the Lego store in Oregon yesterday. One of the store employees greeted me upon entering the store with the word that they'd just put them out.

I took some time out from passing by the Star Wars sets immediately, as I usually do, and looked at all of them. Lego has done a great service with the figures this time around. From the detailed paint jobs on all the figure bodies for a change, to the spikes topping Darth Maul's head, I liked what I saw.

I was also told that the Lego store would likely be carrying the series 5 figures as soon as August 1st in the US.
  • LostInTranslationLostInTranslation UKMember Posts: 5,520
    I saw that the new star wars and ninjago sets are now available at John Lewis online in the UK. Unfortunately they are even more pricey than I'd expected :-(
    Seriously, how can Ewok attack be 25 usd but also 25 gbp?!?