Will Lego be replacing the ferrari licence?

Si_UKNZSi_UKNZ NZMember Posts: 4,179
edited May 2011 in Everything else LEGO
The ferrari stuff seems to have died a death, was wondering if anyone knows of plans to replace it with a different licence?

Comments

• indy1973indy1973 Member Posts: 70
    edited May 2011
    They did two awesome Lamborghinis.
    http://www.brickset.com/browse/themes/?theme=Racers&subtheme=Lamborghini
    I suppose that Porsche could be next.
  • Si_UKNZSi_UKNZ NZMember Posts: 4,179
    Ahh yes of course. Was thinking of the minifig -scale ones. Now a minifig scale lambo would be nice, or in fact anything else from VW group - bentley would be nice.
  • indy1973indy1973 Member Posts: 70
    edited May 2011
    If you leave the stickers off, and perhaps make a few mods, then 8159 is one of the coolest sets for minifig-scale two-seater sports cars. I left off all of the stickers they included, and I just put a Ferrari logo to the hood of red one, and a Lamborghini logo to the hood of the yellow one... looks awesome!

Unfortunately, the rest of that series was kinda cartoony and goofy looking...
  • Si_UKNZSi_UKNZ NZMember Posts: 4,179
    Yeah, not _quite_ there in terms of lambo looks, but a pretty good "City sports car" nonetheless, nice pointer. Shame they've doubled or tripled in price over RRP - wow!

Actually looks pretty simple to MoC, apart from those mudguards, not seem those elsewhere and they make a nice change from the City standard mudguards, must try and source some and have a crack at it.