Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

Will Lego be replacing the ferrari licence?

Si_UKNZSi_UKNZ NZMember Posts: 4,179
edited May 2011 in Everything else LEGO
The ferrari stuff seems to have died a death, was wondering if anyone knows of plans to replace it with a different licence?

Comments

• indy1973indy1973 Member Posts: 70
    edited May 2011
    They did two awesome Lamborghinis.
    http://www.brickset.com/browse/themes/?theme=Racers&subtheme=Lamborghini
    I suppose that Porsche could be next.
  • Si_UKNZSi_UKNZ NZMember Posts: 4,179
    Ahh yes of course. Was thinking of the minifig -scale ones. Now a minifig scale lambo would be nice, or in fact anything else from VW group - bentley would be nice.
  • indy1973indy1973 Member Posts: 70
    edited May 2011
    If you leave the stickers off, and perhaps make a few mods, then 8159 is one of the coolest sets for minifig-scale two-seater sports cars. I left off all of the stickers they included, and I just put a Ferrari logo to the hood of red one, and a Lamborghini logo to the hood of the yellow one... looks awesome!

Unfortunately, the rest of that series was kinda cartoony and goofy looking...
  • Si_UKNZSi_UKNZ NZMember Posts: 4,179
    Yeah, not _quite_ there in terms of lambo looks, but a pretty good "City sports car" nonetheless, nice pointer. Shame they've doubled or tripled in price over RRP - wow!

Actually looks pretty simple to MoC, apart from those mudguards, not seem those elsewhere and they make a nice change from the City standard mudguards, must try and source some and have a crack at it.