Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

legotaku: My name is Legotaku and I am a Lego Maniac

legotakulegotaku CaliforniaMember Posts: 6
edited May 2011 in Introduce yourself
Greetings!

I've been a Brickset user for quite sometime through a couple of user names. I am 24, married, I live in California, and I am currently studying graphic design. I went into my dark ages when the Phantom Menace sets started coming out and came out of it at the end of high school when I got a job and was able to start buying sets. Curse you Lego Star Wars! Recently I have been feeling the dark ages creeping up on me again. I've joined a local lug and hope to start attending meetings so I can really get back into it. I've had Lego around me my whole life and I don't see how I could ever let them go. My first notable set was 6086.

My wife is very supportive of my hobby and she has actually got into it herself. Whenever we go anywhere for a long trip she likes to make sure have our sig figs with us so we can take pictures of them. They have a lot of fun whenever we go to Japan. It's really adorable..

My name, Legotaku, should be pronounced with a Japanese accent. It combines Lego and the Japanese word Otaku (a person that is obsessed with something). I came up with it when I was studying Japanese and wanted to change my username on some sites that I use. I tried using it on Xbox Live, but people would always call me Lego Taco. Which may or may not be a good thing..

My favorite themes are Star Wars, castle, city, and trains. Castle and Aquazone are my favorites from the older themes. I don't really make my own stuff, although I am ready for the moment when creativity strikes. My collection is very organized.. I'm always looking at Flickr for ideas and follow The Brothers Brick. But I usually just buy sets to build. I'm a purist and only own a few parts that I display with my sets that aren't Lego. What? My Boba Fett and Han Solo minifigures needed their blasters!

I love video games, music, vinyl figurines, and taking pictures.

I can't wait to get to know everyone here. My goals are to build more of my own creations and avoid the dark ages as much as possible.

Comments

• brickmaticbrickmatic Member Posts: 1,071
    Welcome! You said you like taking pictures. Do you have Flickr account?
  • legotakulegotaku CaliforniaMember Posts: 6
    Note: My weapon is a Sony H10, so don't expect anything too extravagant.. :)
  • MinifigsMeMinifigsMe Member Posts: 2,844
    Cute :) I really must get my camera out. Dunno whether to out myself on FB or set up a new flickr account instead!
  • sinfantisinfanti Member Posts: 7
    Konnichi wa to youkoso! So when you say "Legotaku, should be pronounced with a Japanese accent" should we say it as if it starts with an R? : )

I used to live in Japan and couldn't resist that. Your pics actually make me kind of natsukashi.
    @Savage_Steel: Flickr is definitely the way to go. I like how easy it is to set up and use.

@sinfanti: Haha Arigatou. I stayed in Osaka. Doko ni sundemashita ka?
  • brickmaticbrickmatic Member Posts: 1,071
    Nice pictures :)
    Thanks!